New High-End Gaming Bundle Recommendations

Soldato
I looked at that case, the Antec P280 looks nice, i checked on over clockers and its a shame that they dont do it in Noise Dampening version, otherwise would have gone for it!

The Antec P280 epitomizes cooling, quiet and sophistication. The durable polycarbonate layer prefitted deadens any noise and ensures Quiet Computing™.

As you can see the P280 comes prefitted with noise dampening.

Soldato
Ah yeah your correct on that, but its not appearing in the case selection under the system configuration tool that im trying to use. :(

To hell with the configurator, build it yourself and get the machine you really want.
Not only will you get a better and cheaper system but you will also gain experience and self satisfaction. We all started out in your shoes. Knowledge comes from experience.
Watch a couple of vids and see for yourself.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...776&first=0&qpvt=newegg+build+tutorial+videos

Soldato
^ idleman is correct i built my first system about 3-4 years ago except it was built with parts from from a well known world of purple t-shirted people, i bought the wrong ram and so had a few months of trying to figure out what was wrong as it kept BSODing i didn't know about overclockers until last year when i built my i7 build (which works a dream got it all sorted with help from the forums and a few mates)

It isn't too difficult the guy that does this helped me he has reems of videos.

this isnt the exact video i watched but it's the same guy, he's very descriptive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84NvDMMrCNU

Associate
OP
OK after going through the configurator, this is what ive come up with:

Specification:

OcUK Tech Labs - NZXT Phantom 410 Midi-Tower Case - Black - Noise Dampened
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor (77W) - Retail
Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler (Socket 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011 / AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 / FM1 / FM2)
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (PVI38G160C9K)
KFA2 GeForce GTX 670 EX OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with a free copy of 3DMark advanced edition
Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic - (MZ-7TD120BW)
Pioneer BDC-207DBK 8x BluRay ROM / DVDRW SATA-II Optical Drive - Black (OEM)
Corsair 2013 Edition Gamer Series GS 600W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply (CP-9020063-UK)
BitFenix Alchemy Premium Modding LED Strip - Connect Blue 30cm
Asus PCE-N53 300Mbps Dual-Band Wireless-N600 PCI-E Adapter
Full Cable Management
Saitek Cyborg V7 Illuminated Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse (910-001759)
BitFenix Spectre PRO 120mm Fan Blue LED - Black
Asus VN247H 24
Speakers Not Selected
Game Controller Not Selected
Accessories Not Selected
Opt Out of FREE AV Software
Standard Build Systems - Approximately 5-7 working days

This comes down to £1,417.48!

This also yet doesn't include the headphones at around £120 and also the RAM is 8gb (as doesn't give me option for 4x4gb cards) so will have to update that later, along with purchasing also the Fan Controller!

Is there anything there that you can see that i need to change?

Thanks

Soldato
*droooooollsss" sorry just let me get a bucket

perfect nothing that really needs changed btw i believe there is an option for 2x8gb if there is go for it if you will be doing 3d rendering or video encoding.

Associate
OP
*droooooollsss" sorry just let me get a bucket

perfect nothing that really needs changed btw i believe there is an option for 2x8gb if there is go for it if you will be doing 3d rendering or video encoding.

Hahahaha, yeah the whole thing in the end is probably going to end up costing me around £1650 :( way over budget by atleast £400.

I didnt choose the 2x8gb RAM, as i remember you saying that its better to spread the RAM across two different channels. So only chose 2x4gb ram, then i was going to get another set and install manually.

Associate
OP
I know what you guys are saying about me buying the individual parts and then setting it up myself, but if i bought all the parts in the list above individually - im not so sure it would actually save me anything?! Especially since someone said that config builds is free this week!

Soldato
its so as i believe it doesnt bend the motherboard in transit i assume plus that mahuuussive meega cooler you choose for your pc is pretty heavy, it should be pretty easy to attach though

Associate
OP
Ah i see.

Can you please also explain one thing, how do i get 5.1 surround sound to my AV Receiver (for projector) when using a separate sound card? For example, when not installing the sound card, i can just run a single HDMI cable from the PC (i think motherboard or gfx card?!) into my AVR and this will output both picture and audio!

But when i install a sound card, i guess you still run the hdmi cable from the motherboard but do you have to run a separate cable for audio aswell?

Associate
OP
hmm, that pretty much makes the sound card useless then isnt it?

Im thinking that for movies and games that use 5.1 surround sound - the audio quality i get will be good enough from the on board sound (motherboard) or am i going to notice a dramatic increase in audio quality with a proper sound card?

Associate
OP
I spent hours yesterday evening looking for the perfect headset! All in waste :( as i couldnt find one that supports everything i require.

Basically, i need a good quality surround sound (preferably 7.1 or at least 5.1) wireless headset that connects with the PC to play games, but should also be able to connect to the AV Receiver for movies/console gaming (dont need mic for console gaming - just the headphone to listen to surround sound audio on late nights). A huge bonus would be if it comes with a charging stand!

Im having trouble for any headset to match the above description! Do you know of any? or know where i could look for one?

I was going to order the Corsair Vengence 2000, as that atleast does the PC part correct, but then realised its a USB enabled wireless headset. Hence, im not so sure if this will connect with an AVR and still offer surround sound such as dolby and/or DTS.

I was then considering going for the Sony MDRDS6500, which would connect with the PC and the AVR to offer 7.1 audio in HQ! However, then i would be missing a mic, which im sure would be useful and needed for PC gaming.

The last headset i found was the Turtle Beach Ear Force Tango! This is a branded Call Of Duty exclusive headset, which i found is also the best quality of all the turtle beach headsets. It offers both a wireless headset experience for console gaming and for PC. One massive feature is that it has bluetooth aswell, so i can use it with my iPhone. This is great for when I'm immersed in the Oculus Rift VR kit and i receive a phone call, i will be able to hear the call within the headset.
However, im not so sure on the audio quality of these headphones. Some reviews were stating its only average and very low, others were saying that its a problem to get working with a PC as you need both a bluetooth dongle and a sound card in your pc to get surround sound to work cause you need the Dolby Digital Live installed?!

Hence, im back to where i was and completely confused as to what would work best.

Soldato
Yeh turtle beach one sounds ok I know you can get a Bluetooth dongle for about £5 and turtle beach have very good customer support the mic on my 30 quid x12s broke and they are replacing it free of charge under the 1 year warranty

Associate
OP
Im just not so sure about the turtle beach audio quality compared to the corsair, especially for surround sound. Also i dont really want to have to buy a sound card just for the headphone! :(

Back
Top Bottom