New High-End Gaming Bundle Recommendations

Soldato
The Rat3 suits with me the 2 thumb buttons, also some games you can use the scroll wheel for changing weapons and click it for another action.
The back light on the V5 is nice in the dark, as you can have it full, dim or off. It`s also handy having a mute button, which I suppose most kb`s have these days.

Soldato
i have the logitech g110 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-180-LG&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=1258 and the logitech g9x mouse (not on ocuk they dont sell it anymore) unfortunately neither are wireless but the keyboard has programmable macro keys and backlighting the mouse has the same 2 programmable buttons and adjustable dpi. If you want a wireless mouse the logitech g700 is a good wireless mouse http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-186-LG&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=1257

Associate
OP
i have the logitech g110 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-180-LG&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=1258 and the logitech g9x mouse (not on ocuk they dont sell it anymore) unfortunately neither are wireless but the keyboard has programmable macro keys and backlighting the mouse has the same 2 programmable buttons and adjustable dpi. If you want a wireless mouse the logitech g700 is a good wireless mouse http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-186-LG&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=1257

Those are some amazing choices. However, i dont know what it is about the RAT 9 its just calling me towards it! Hitting my head against the wall though seeing the price!
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-037-SK

Its just irresistable though :D

Still undecided on the keyboard either the V7 or this g700 you posted look good!

Soldato
that's what i thought about my mouse, 70 quid seemed a bit steep but IMO WOORRTH, tbh it's just a matter of what do you want to look at while your using your pc and what do you want to be able to do with your only interface with the pc, i went for the g110 as it did what i needed, looked nice (and also cause i had never heard of mechanical keyboard) the mouse the same did what i needed, looked awesome....and the mouse wheel has a setting where you flick it....and it keeps spinnning

Associate
OP
Haha thats awsome!!

I ordered my machine bundle today!

Will post thr final specs when im on laptop at home.

Cant wait to receive it hopefully by next friday!

In the end i went for the v7 keyboard. Whats mechanical keyboard mean? Is mine that too?

And i also went for the wireless cyborg rat9

Soldato
In the end i went for the v7 keyboard. Whats mechanical keyboard mean? Is mine that too?

And i also went for the wireless cyborg rat9

nice choices vyer nice choices and mechanical keyboards use mechanical switches rather than the rubber dome switches which most keyboards have. and no your keyboard isnt mechanical but very very nice choice on the keyboard loads of macro keys

Associate
Hey im selling mine if your interested?

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core processor @ 4.3GHZ
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i WaterCooling
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Socket AM3+
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance low profile ram
Graphics Cards: 2x AMD 7950's in crossfire,
Power Supply: Corsair TX750 80+ (750w)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Case: Coolermaster CM690ii
Fans: 3xcase fans + 2 on H100i
Monitor: AOC 27inch (Built in Speakers)
Headset: Turtlebeach X11
Also comes with joystick
i will throw in my mouse and keyboard so you have something to get you started with
This pc also comes with my Steam account and Origin account
Games on Account are,
Black Ops 2
Far cry 3
Hit Man absolution
Battlefield 3 Premium
Sleeping Dogs
Modern Warefare 2
Legend of Grimrock

Almost £300 in Games alone

Associate
hey im selling mine if your interested?

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core processor @ 4.3GHZ
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i WaterCooling
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Socket AM3+
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance low profile ram
Graphics Cards: 2x AMD 7950's in crossfire,
Power Supply: Corsair TX750 80+ (750w)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Case: Coolermaster CM690ii
Fans: 3xcase fans + 2 on H100i
Monitor: AOC 27inch (Built in Speakers)
Headset: Turtlebeach X11
Also comes with joystick
i will throw in my mouse and keyboard so you have something to get you started with
This pc also comes with my Steam account and Origin account
Games on Account are,
Black Ops 2
Far cry 3
Hit Man absolution
Battlefield 3 Premium
Sleeping Dogs
Modern Warefare 2
Legend of Grimrock

Almost £300 in Games alone

Associate
OP
Sorry mate, ive already ordered my set from OC. Cant wait to receive it!

You got a nice powerful machine there, why you selling it?

A question i have, are you allowed to crossfire an ati card with a geforce?

Soldato
although with nvidia its called sli, you can sli nvidia cards with the same model or any of the 6xx cards with 6xx cards and have one handle phys-x and the other handle the rendering of shadows and objects and stuff with AMD cards what you can do i crossfire e.g. a 7850 with a 7850 but you can also crossfire a 7850 with a 7870 and the 7870 will slow down its clock speed and memory clock to that of the 7850 so you can cross model crossfire to a certain degree

Associate
OP
Im having a real issue with headphones!

I purchased the Turtle beach Tango wireless headset last week for my new system.

However, i thought i would try it out on my few months old htpc system, however i can not get any sound output from the windows machine onto my headset!

I plug in the optical cable (realtek) from the htpc motherboard to the wireless headset receiver. I select the headset in the Audio devices list on the pc. But playing a video in VLC outputs no sound, wierd thing is though if i try play individual sample files under audio devices to make sure that the sample rates work, the tests produce sound to the headset! However, if i do a test sound of the whole audio device, i get nothing!

I have tried looking online for help but couldnt find anything either!

Associate
OP
Right guys i actually found this guide here:
http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517212/

It says to enable 5.1 audio my sound card has to support Dolby Digital Live!

Is this usually found in onboard sound cards in motherboards? or not really? Im also wondering if my new motherboard will support this or not? Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

I don't really want to purchase a separate sound card either! So my only other option is to return the headset (if they take it back even) and get something else!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom