New High-End Gaming Bundle Recommendations

Associate
OP
Done, thanks.

UPDATE on PC: I emailed the guys at OC, and they are happy for me to email in my specs required (or that need changing from the configurator tool) and to make changes based on my requirements. So my next step is to get all the parts i need changing ready and email them!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
are you talking about the case and the fan controller?

Yes, plus the 4x4gb ram.

Actually, I'm still not so sure about the gpu card either! Im in two minds between the 2gb gfx670 and the 3gb 7970.

What makes it all the more confusing is the different brands available!

At the moment in the spec i have selected, i chose KFA2 GeForce GTX 670 EX OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card, however there is also HIS HD 7970 3072MB GDDR5.

Again im not sure if KFA2 and HIS qualify as the best ones in their respective cards.

Last edited:
Soldato
well i can't speak for kfa2 but on the his front i used to own an HIS iceq turbo 5770 about 4 years ago it was my first real g-card it work well and it cooled really nicely, quite quiet and is now owned by my friend. HIS do good solid coolers. this one is has some excellent reviews http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-063-HS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=938. http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/51...x2_overclocked_video_card_review/index20.html.

the kfa2 card http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/kfa2_geforce_gtx_670_ex_oc_review,1.html a good review too

Associate
OP
Wow your right, actually im quite impressed with the KFA2 GeForce GTX 670 card. Looks very quite and has a good cool temp too. Plus very high frame rates!

Probably will go for this one. Thanks for the links.

Soldato
How comes? Im sure Leprechaun312 mentioned that it was actually more convenient to use 4 slots instead of 2? as it gets spread across the channels - seems to make more sense aswell that way?!

it just helps level out the bandwidth across 2 channels using 2x8gb is fine plus you can go to 32 if you ever feel the need

Associate
OP
Hey guys,

Just a quick question (as it seems faster to get a responce here then using OC email system :D) - the window on the case is on the left side, is there any way to switch this window to be on the opposite side instead? Because the left side of my PC will be next to a wall.

Soldato
Hey guys,

Just a quick question (as it seems faster to get a responce here then using OC email system :D) - the window on the case is on the left side, is there any way to switch this window to be on the opposite side instead? Because the left side of my PC will be next to a wall.

In a word, NO.

Even if it was possible, it would be a waste of time, as all you will see is the back of the mobo tray and cables.
The other alternative is to place the case on the right hand side of your desk.

Associate
OP
Yeah i thought it wouldnt be possible :D oh well! I find it weird that almost all cases are only really designed to have the openings/windows on the left side of the case.

Soldato
yeah there are very few pc cases that have the mobo tray on the left hand side and the windows on the right hand side, tis a shame but...it would be a little wierd putting together IMO as i have always had the standard cases

Associate
OP
Guys, whats the best way to choose a Gaming Keyboard and Mouse? Was thinking that atleast one of the two should be wireless (probably mouse makes more sense if not both).

A configurable backlight on the keyboard for dark room would be beneficial!

thanks

Associate
OP
Yeah cool, what a coincidence i was actually looking at the same ones but the newer models! :D

Was looking at the v7 keyboard, have to say though that the v5 has a much better shape, although the new functions on the V7 are good!

Theres also like 9 models for the RAT mouse! I have no idea yet on what the differences is.

Back
Top Bottom