New Hitman game

Soldato
Loving it as well. I'm really surprised how much longevity it has. I've already poured around 22h into it according to Steam and a lot of the challenges to tackle. The game can be quite wonky in terms of animation/AI and pretty unrealistic at times but it's really fun and I guess I don't expect anything more of it. The maps and available options are mind-boggling and I've already got my money's worth since I didn't pay that much for my key.

I

Soldato
I can't wait for this one, bought it on release but decided to wait until whole game is out. But everything I saw of it looks so good...finally proper sequel to Blood Money.
I just hope it sold enough to warrant a sequel/season 2.

Soldato
I can't wait for this one, bought it on release but decided to wait until whole game is out. But everything I saw of it looks so good...finally proper sequel to Blood Money.
I just hope it sold enough to warrant a sequel/season 2.

You know you want to play it now... DO IT!:D

Seriously though, it's not a perfect game when it comes to AI etc. but it's really fun and if you like mastering levels/finding new tactics/completing challenges, you should have a blast.

BTW, Thailand should be out today if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Yup, it's out

Last edited:
Soldato
I love the hitman franchise but the large amount of negative reviews on steam have put me off.

Is this game worth it and how bad is the always online DRM?

Depends on what you expect. If you like replaying levels in different ways/completing challenges and want something similar to Blood Money, then I'd say it's worth it. There are loads of challenges, tactics etc. The maps are really big with quite a lot of verticality, the game really feels like an assassination sandbox.

I bought it without huge expectations and really like it. Didn't expect to get so much out of it, 22h out of three levels is twice the campaign length of many AAA games. I still haven't finished Marrakesh even once and completed maybe 1/4 of all the available challenges without even touching escalations or contracts.

Regarding always online, I have yet to be disconnected from the game so no complaints on my part. Of course I still think it's stupid but at least it doesn't seem to cause much trouble so far.

Soldato
Damn, Thailand has some seriously beautiful graphics. Kinda hoped it'd be a bit more open like Sapienza though, with bits of the city avaliable to explore but it's just a hotel and there are just under 70 challenges - the lowest number of all missions. It's still nice but I hope USA and Japan will be properly big.

Soldato
Last night I threw an explosive golf ball at a clown, pushed a priest down a well and shot six inflatable crocodiles with an assault rifle all whilst dressed like a hippy. Tonight, I will be playing Hitman.

Soldato
If that hotel is anything like Traditions of the Trade in Hitman 1/3, it should be fantastic.

This is one aspect of the episodic release that I hate though. Knowing all the mission locations beforehand due to marketing etc. I loved when I bought Blood Money at launch, and never knew where would next mission take me. And the White House at the end? Mindblowing.

And I just cannot start playing this knowing I would have to wait months for the rest of the missions :/ At least I do have a lot of stuff to play (TW3 expansions, then Deus Ex comes out, plus I have Division and Arma 3 backlogged, and then there will be Mafia 3 and Dishonored 2...busy year).

Soldato
And the White House at the end? Mindblowing.

Oooo I might have to replay Blood Money soon - I absolutely loved that level!

I'm sure I'll end up playing Hitman, but I'm still waiting for all the episodes to be released...

Apparently they're hoping to release more than one season too!

Soldato
I love the hitman franchise but the large amount of negative reviews on steam have put me off.

Is this game worth it and how bad is the always online DRM?

What are the negative reviews about, is it the DRM? Yeah I hate always on DRM but haven't had any problems in months, there was one problem right at the launch of the first map when I lost some saves but I've had no issues since then.

The game itself is brilliant, the maps are gorgeous and there are so many ways to be creative with your, eh, work. Some of the accidental kills are actually hilarious. Brilliant game with massive replayability.

Soldato
I think they were mostly about the always-online DRM and performance issues. Granted performance can be a bit dodgy at times for no apparent reason, I've never had any problems with always online (as much as I hate the idea of it even being there in th first place). Other than that, it's a great game and a complete time sink. I think they've hit a real jackpot with the level layout and challenges.

Soldato
Ok may have to try this game! Keep hearing about it but as above the steam reviews originally put me off but on closer inspection its just people complaining about drm and episodic structure.

Whereas the positive reviews really make it sound great

Never really played a hitman before! Tried absolution via a humble bundle i think and found it a bit generic, i hear this is more like blood money which i understand to be a series high point?

Soldato
Yup, the maps feel like assassination sandboxes with lots of approaches available. You'll be completing them multiple time's because challenges are really addictive:p

I also complained about the episodic format but after realising I've now spent more time on those three maps (there are four now, excluding training missions) than it takes to complete and forget many AAA games, it became a complete non-issue. By the time the next episode comes out I still won't have done all the curent content (I try to get all challenges on every mission).

Not a perfect game but totally worth the money and easily one of this year's highlights.

Associate
I like this game. I try to do things stealthily and hiding bodies but I always end up shooting them in some way. Always take sniper now on the elusive targets, have to find them first and then find a vantage point out the way but it's nice when it all goes to plan. All my elusive targets I've completed have been this way - I tried other ways but just end up getting discovered and shot to bits :D

Soldato
Controller as I game on a fairly big screen and sit at a distance. I rarely use guns and even if I have to for the challenges, I'm a decent shoot with a controller so no biggie:p

Back
Top Bottom