New Hitman game

Soldato
Nice! Running kb and m at the mo but may try controller usually works better for 3rd person imo!

Started paris last night and became instantly overwelmed! Having not played a hitman before i think i just need to adjust to the open ended structure of the missions rather than worry about right way of doing things!

Any pro tips? Also seems like a good headphone game to listen in on conversations

Soldato
Just roam around, listen to conversations, have fun and get to know the map and targets. Look for opportunities to assassinate them effectively but don't be too fussed about doing things perfectly. You'll discover plenty of options on your subsequent playthroughs:)

Caporegime
No love for his game here?

I bought it in the last steam sale and not oh boy is this game good!

Just got to Japan now and had a blast with the missions.

So much to go back and do in the other levels too, a real steal.

Soldato
No love for his game here?

I bought it in the last steam sale and not oh boy is this game good!

Just got to Japan now and had a blast with the missions.

So much to go back and do in the other levels too, a real steal.

I am only in Sapienza but I already know this game is amazing, GOTY contender. The only thing missing from Blood Moneyesque perfection is Jesper Kyd.

Soldato
I've got the Intro pack and I like it. Haven't got round to getting the upgrade pack yet though. I nearly did get it the other day, but went with Tyranny instead.

I will play through the whole game at some point, as it is obviously very good.

Soldato
I got the full season 1 pass at launch and thought I'd dive in a few days ago now all the content is out and I remember why I only did the first 2 levels now! This game runs horrifically for me and crashes when loading any level unless I choose "Fullscreen". I'm running on an i7 5930k @4.4ghz, 16gb ram, SLI 980ti's blah blah and no matter my settings I'm constantly between 15fps and 50fps. Horribly optimized game and a complete waste of money on my end as there seems to be no solution out there apart from people blaming my hardware... despite every single other game playing perfectly.

Caporegime
I'm running at mainly around 60 FPS on my i5 4690k,980Ti,16 Gb RAM at max settings at 1080p

Open areas do drop but it's not really bad. Have you tried just one card?

I am only in Sapienza but I already know this game is amazing, GOTY contender. The only thing missing from Blood Moneyesque perfection is Jesper Kyd.

I can't wait to go back to the levels with a little more knowledge and replay all the different settings.

Soldato
I got the full season 1 pass at launch and thought I'd dive in a few days ago now all the content is out and I remember why I only did the first 2 levels now! This game runs horrifically for me and crashes when loading any level unless I choose "Fullscreen". I'm running on an i7 5930k @4.4ghz, 16gb ram, SLI 980ti's blah blah and no matter my settings I'm constantly between 15fps and 50fps. Horribly optimized game and a complete waste of money on my end as there seems to be no solution out there apart from people blaming my hardware... despite every single other game playing perfectly.

2500K/8GB/1070 here and the game runs 60fps with some tweaking (most stuff high).

Caporegime
Finally got my office setup and useable, if not finished, and had a quick blast last night. Very enjoyable so far and feels like Hitman of old.

I spent ages in the first tutorial map, and on one of the runs - about 15 minutes in - I'd killed Ritter and was just bumming around examining the rest of the map before escaping when I walked past a guy on his phone leaning over a balcony rail, and the game baited me so hard with the pop up to "dispose of person" or whatever it was. I couldn't resist and pushed - and of course failed the level for killing an innocent :D.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Picked this up in the Steam Sale....and it has already annoyed me. You can't take a human shield anymore!!! WTF?

Why do they insist on stripping out things that made the previous games great! Just leave everything that was in Blood Money in and build on that. Stop taking away core moves/mechanics like taking a human shield.

In the very first part of the game where you have to kill Ritter I was going to take him as a human shield and shoot the other guy then kill him, like a badass :)p) - but I couldn't :(

A hitman game where the hitman can't grab someone and hold a gun to their head is utterly stupid : /

I will play on with it but already it seems like a backwards step from Blood Money....again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
...and no weapon customisation

no holstering animation (lol what!?)

no blood spatter/effects (on walls etc)

no light switches

no peeking through keyholes

no first person mode

This plays like it came BEFORE Blood Money!

Seriously, what does it add (rather than take away)?

Have requested a refund from Steam. Not impressed (as you may have guessed).

It is still better than the abomination that was Absolution but still a far cry from the glory days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom