New Hitman game

Soldato
Massive Hitman update downloading, presuming it's the new Marrakesh episode.

All I want to know is HAVE THEY FIXED THE ****ING REFRESH RATE BUG YET WITH THIS PATCH???

Shouting? Yes. Annoyed? Yes. I've got a 900 quid superwide sat here that will do 100Hz, and this stupid game is still locked at 50Hz on it. I will put money on it there is still no ****ing refresh rate option in the launch options/ game. Watch this space....

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine locks at 30Hz with exclusive full screen on my X34 freesync monitor. It's fine if I choose regular full screen though.

Halleluja! Someone else with the same problem. X34R then if freeysnc? In exclusive fullscreen the game seems to max out at half the monitor's max refresh rate. So that's 50Hz in my case (x34) and 30Hz for you (though should it not be about 37Hz for yours, half of 75?)

Anyway, the point is that this game only works smoothly, and with proper gsync in full screen exclusive mode, like most games. I can get higher Hz and frames if just using 'fullscreen' but it's jerky as **** compared to how it should/ can be. Sigh.

Soldato
Halleluja! Someone else with the same problem. X34R then if freeysnc? In exclusive fullscreen the game seems to max out at half the monitor's max refresh rate. So that's 50Hz in my case (x34) and 30Hz for you (though should it not be about 37Hz for yours, half of 75?)

Anyway, the point is that this game only works smoothly, and with proper gsync in full screen exclusive mode, like most games. I can get higher Hz and frames if just using 'fullscreen' but it's jerky as **** compared to how it should/ can be. Sigh.

Yeah now you come to mention, whilst it said it's fine in standard fullscreen, the refresh rate displayed in yellow in top right corner stays at 75 - this means that either I'm getting more than 75 FPS (which I'm not as the benchmark averages around 57) or that freesync isn't working. I'm struggling to get really in to the game though so haven't been that bothered - it's my first Hitman experience and while it's quite fun to mess around with and I did do the first few levels up to Paris, there is no real draw for me to play it that often. Probably as my gaming time is quite limited and the game requires a bit of time and thought to play properly. Or maybe that's just an excuse because I'm too lazy to play it...

Edit: Oh and my monitor is the XR341CKB

Last edited:
Soldato
^^

new patch new target today..

Starting at 15:00 CEST today, Elusive Target #3 will arrive in Sapienza.
You'll have 72 hours to eliminate him.

Before that time, a game update for PC (approx 200mb) will be released that includes preparations for this Elusive Target. We've also included two fixes:

• Fix for an issue that was causing the game to lock at 30hz for certain monitors.

• Fix for an issue that caused texture streaming to not function properly on DX12.

Associate
Have they sorted out the issues this suffered from at launch now? Really tempted by it as I love the Hitman series but this episodic stuff is putting me off. I was watching a youtube video of the Morocco mission and he had to kill 2 targets which was completed in less than 20minutes - is that the whole episode aside from replaying it different ways? Seems rather pricey if so...

Soldato
When it says 72 hours for the elusive target - if you were away on holidays have you just missed it?

Sounds like an interesting game mechanic alright. Must be tense while playing it.

Soldato
Finally got round to picking this up yesterday, but my god what is up with the performance?! I'm running on an i7 5930k @4.4ghz, SLI 980 ti's, 16gb ram and one minute I can be in a large location with what looks like 100+ people and my fps stays at 144fps and then the next minute I'm in a tiny empty room and my fps is in the 20's?! It's constantly up and down like this to the point it's becoming unplayable. This is in DX11 mode with most settings dropped to high as well!

Soldato
Caved in and bought a cheap key for the full experience.
I agree about the sales model but the game itself is pretty fun.

The maps are fantastic. Gigantic, alive, full of opportunities and hugely replayable.

I love all the challenges and different approaches, exploring and thinking up tactics feels great if you turn off hints.

I wish it was a full release, though.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Massive Hitman update downloading, presuming it's the new Marrakesh episode.

All I want to know is HAVE THEY FIXED THE ****ING REFRESH RATE BUG YET WITH THIS PATCH???

Shouting? Yes. Annoyed? Yes. I've got a 900 quid superwide sat here that will do 100Hz, and this stupid game is still locked at 50Hz on it. I will put money on it there is still no ****ing refresh rate option in the launch options/ game. Watch this space....

Mine does 100hz in benchmark but 60 in game :eek::confused:

HAz

HAz

Soldato
When it says 72 hours for the elusive target - if you were away on holidays have you just missed it?

Sounds like an interesting game mechanic alright. Must be tense while playing it.

Hmm I knocked into some **** woman so she ran to some guards who tried to arrest me then killed me. Mission failed and game over I'm afraid.

Soldato
Just bought this a couple of weeks ago. Loving it so far, with the exception of one thing - Leaderboards. Would I be correct in saying that it's pointless trying to beat the high scores because they have either been exploited or were acheived before certain game mechanics were corrected? Example being, I completed Sapienza in 3:40, no bodies, no alerts etc. Despite this I was still around 2mins over the person at number 1. I just can't see how getting a quicker time would be possible.

Back
Top Bottom