• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NEW IMPROVED EVGA 970's ARE ON THERE WAY!!! **

I have done. Waiting for working days before I get my reply though :)

I did email them the middle of December and all I got was a reply with the hours they are working over xmas. Not had anything since. Until I emailed them last night and my mail has been forwarded to support after seeing the one I sent mid dec.

Last edited:

I did email them the middle of December and all I got was a reply with the hours they are working over xmas. Not had anything since. Until I emailed them last night and my mail has been forwarded to support after seeing the one I sent mid dec.

That's very poor from a so-called 'great company'.

Hi Craig

I am shocked to hear this as most people know EVGA do endeavor to respond quickly to all queries. Please can you send a copy of your emails to the CS team to my email address directly ([email protected]) and I will take this up with the team.

In defence to the team we have had some illness in the CS team and also a number of additional German bank holidays over Christmas and the New year but you still should have received a timely response.

Please forward me your mails and I will take this up with the team personally.

Thanks
Ben

Hi Guys,

so generally about the price of our cards, when you compare this to other manifacturer please do keep in mind that we do run 3 years of basic warranty that is also valid for second hand purchaser! Which still give you a good price in case you sell your card after 2 years or if you keep it have an extra year of warranty. We do also have other programms available like the Step Up programm where you can upgrade your card within the first 90 days if you are not available plus direct customer support hotlines and direct RMA service with a replacement time of 1-3 business days and we do offer an advanced RMA service. About the support hotline during Chrismas: There you have received an automated message explaining about the working days, this was because we did during the christmas time only run "accident service" so during the chirstmas and new year time there was a delay with the response time because of this and after that we needed to catch up. Now we are back to standard answering time.
In case of a problem with our products or the service I would always suggest to contact customer support directly to get quick help, of course you can also still post here but our focus is on our costomer support hotlines so you will get an answer there quicker.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with or you would like to get to know about EVGA.

Thanks for the EVGA rep replies, what I and maybe many want to know is where you stand on coil whine, OCUK have collaborated with Galax/KFA2 or whatever they are called this week, do you have a firm solution to stop whine when run by a power supply that meats the overall power requirements specified for a 970.

Hard facts are needed, yes a rev 2.0 should be better than a rev 1.0 but the "buff" I have read on here for whine free and the results of not being whine free I would like to hear from EVGA.

I have lost faith in the OCUK/KFa2/Galax/ACME cards, do you have any hard data that resolves the issue?

We released two new models and the focus was also on fixing this problem. We did improve the power management to a 6+2 phase design, the card do now come with a bigger power input 6+8 pin, a cooling base plate that is touching the power management and RAM and we do use an impoved cooler with straight heatpipes for better cooling. All this together helped pretty well to improve performance as well as get rid of coil noise. Generally the feedback from the community is pretty good about this new models and people that experienced issues with the "older" models and stepped uped to the new SSC model do also report that they are pretty happy. Generally we do accept coil wine as RMA reason and send pretested models in RMA for this reason. Within the first 30 days we do also offer UPS Pick Ups so you will not have shipping costs in case there is an issue with the card out of the box. The P/N of the new models are 3975 and 3978 Here you can find more information about the new models
http://eu.evga.com/articles/00897/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-970-FTW/
http://eu.evga.com/articles/00892/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-970-SSC/

well sunday night i sent my e-mails off to Ben. got a reply the next day.

they say they have sent my backplate out with better delivery this time (tracked delivery) and previously it was just normal post so was not tracked.

i also got offered crysis 2 or duke nukem. :)

great support and i am thankful for it.

the main gripe i had with this experience over the xmas period (i understand it is busy and you respond to important matters first) was the fact that after being sent the automated response for xmas hours i also receive an e-mail asking me to rate the support i was offered. i had to laugh at it but then i wondered "maybe they forgot to respond".

over all it wasnt a bad experience. i have waited since november for the backplate, i dotn have any problems waiting another month :)

Yes, it is not just about the baseplate, the cooler is also designed in a different way. With the old cooler the heatpipes had been bent and with the new cooler the heatpipes are straight, this do transfer the heat better accross the whole cooler. The baseplate mainly keeps the temps of the mosfet down. At the other end the cards do overclock pretty good because of the changes at the power management so this will raise temps again. What I have seen under full load the cards run arround 70-75 degree max. It is also depending on which BIOS you use, BIOS 1 is semi passive while the OC BIOS do always spin.

Yes, it is not just about the baseplate, the cooler is also designed in a different way. With the old cooler the heatpipes had been bent and with the new cooler the heatpipes are straight, this do transfer the heat better accross the whole cooler. The baseplate mainly keeps the temps of the mosfet down. At the other end the cards do overclock pretty good because of the changes at the power management so this will raise temps again. What I have seen under full load the cards run arround 70-75 degree max. It is also depending on which BIOS you use, BIOS 1 is semi passive while the OC BIOS do always spin.

so is it still called acx2?
just now its rev2?

well sunday night i sent my e-mails off to Ben. got a reply the next day.

they say they have sent my backplate out with better delivery this time (tracked delivery) and previously it was just normal post so was not tracked.

i also got offered crysis 2 or duke nukem. :)

great support and i am thankful for it.

the main gripe i had with this experience over the xmas period (i understand it is busy and you respond to important matters first) was the fact that after being sent the automated response for xmas hours i also receive an e-mail asking me to rate the support i was offered. i had to laugh at it but then i wondered "maybe they forgot to respond".

over all it wasnt a bad experience. i have waited since november for the backplate, i dotn have any problems waiting another month :)

Hi Craig

We are really sorry for your delay but I hope you can now see action being taken and will get a positive conclusion with a game and a backplate within a week.

Thanks for taking the time raising the issue to us and giving us time to solve it.

Ben

I'm suprised how aggressive some of the negative comments have been in this thread. I've never owned an EVGA but the abuse thrown at them makes it sound like they blew some people's houses up, rather than just being made with plastic shrouds. Proportion people!

I too was surprised with the hostility, that is why I posted last night asking a useful question (to me at least) which has been answered today by EVGA people.

I have a GTX480 EVGA card that I want to replace due to old age/ever more demanding games.

I like the idea they have launched a new Revision. I am watching the 970 SSC+ and more likely the 970 FTW+ to land and then with a good deal I will make the leap.

Vendor reps are just that, I think sometimes it is easier to kill a discussion rather than help us get a product developed that we really want to buy.

plastic build and tacky appearance - check
Had to redesign cooler already (go google why) - check
No backplate included as standard - check
pretty poor packaging by all accounts - check

Yeah seems EVGA are going a bit down hill, legendary customer support and warranty for what looks like cheap hardware it's such a shame.

In an ideal world EVGA will take note to make backplates for each GPU (During the manufacturing of these cards not months after sent in post!), make the card feel more premium replacing plastic for metal etc sadly this is not an ideal world..yet

Last edited:
And who is paing it? From manifactuing point of view this is of course no problem if someone is willed to pay 200EUR more for a card. This is the entry series of gaming cards for those who take a look to get a good bang for a buck. The FTW+ Version of the card do have a backplate preinstalled and got the same premium cooler that is installed on the new 970FTW+ model too and this is really high quality. When you have the cards on hand you will notice that it is not cheap quality.

plastic build and tacky appearance - check
Had to redesign cooler already (go google why) - check
No backplate included as standard - check
pretty poor packaging by all accounts - check

Yeah seems EVGA are going a bit down hill, legendary customer support and warranty for what looks like cheap hardware it's such a shame.

In an ideal world EVGA will take note to make backplates for each GPU (During the manufacturing of these cards not months after sent in post!), make the card feel more premium replacing plastic for metal etc sadly this is not an ideal world..yet

Don't forget the cheap power regulation!! :eek:

Other brands have overtaken you eVGA, don't go the way of OCZ and rely on your brand only...

Back
Top Bottom