• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NEW IMPROVED EVGA 970's ARE ON THERE WAY!!! **

Well I for one really like my EVGA SC card. It doesn't have a backplate. But it only cost me £270. It doesn't feel cheap at all. I was surprised when I got the card that it was in a plastic box inside the case. But that box felt rather sturdy.

I would love to be able to try another card from another brand to see what the difference is (I've come along way in the past year from believing what people tell me on the Internet, even so called PC enthusiasts).

The card looks really smart. I would never have known of the bad heat sink pipe positions if I hadn't read the Internet. It doesn't really affect me anyway. Ofcourse I would love to try the newer cooler and see the difference for myself.

I would love to see some pictures of the new cooler. I did watch that video but that was the 960 wasn't it?

Don't forget the cheap power regulation!! :eek:

Other brands have overtaken you eVGA, don't go the way of OCZ and rely on your brand only...

So as I can see we have on the FTW Version a 6+2 power phase design, like with our 970 FTW Version, not sure if anybody else is using a design like this on 960s. We are of course open for feedback and things we can improve but you should also take a look at the products first!

Would be nice to see EVGA move away from the plastic box insert but their customer service and support is second to none. The warranty is transferable, thus holds a higher resale value and unlike other manufacturers they're not a bunch of ***** about removing the stock cooler to fit a water block. It beats me why people whine considering the above really puts them above and beyond most of the alternatives.

Last edited:
Well I for one really like my EVGA SC card. It doesn't have a backplate. But it only cost me £270. It doesn't feel cheap at all. I was surprised when I got the card that it was in a plastic box inside the case. But that box felt rather sturdy.

I would love to be able to try another card from another brand to see what the difference is (I've come along way in the past year from believing what people tell me on the Internet, even so called PC enthusiasts).

The card looks really smart. I would never have known of the bad heat sink pipe positions if I hadn't read the Internet. It doesn't really affect me anyway. Ofcourse I would love to try the newer cooler and see the difference for myself.

I would love to see some pictures of the new cooler. I did watch that video but that was the 960 wasn't it?

Hi Craig,

Yes this was the new GTX960 SSC which is just launched but the new GTX970 SSC is the exact same new design.

The changes we have made certainly seem to be having favorable results for the overclocking headroom of the card. This review from Hardwareluxx, albeit in German has some great results showing very favorably EVGA topping the OC charts on the GTX960:

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.ph...-nvidia-geforce-gtx-960-im-test.html?start=24

Thanks for the positive feedback we are reading all comments and do value all input and do make changes as we are able from feedback from consumers as much as possible.

Thanks
Ben

Just requested a step up on the EVGA site for my 970 FTW purchased from Overclockers to get it replaced with the new FTW+. Just gotta wait on response. Optimistic of a good outcome to this :)

Last edited:
Just requested a step up on the EVGA site for my 970 FTW purchased from Overclockers to get it replaced with the new FTW+. Just gotta wait on response. Optimistic of a good outcome to this :)

Hi Swagger

I will get Dom to look at your case on Monday morning when they return to the office in Germany.

The first stocks of the FTW+ are just about to arrive in our warehouse so hopefully we can sort a quick change for you.

If you run into any issues please let me know

Thanks
Ben

Hi Swagger

I will get Dom to look at your case on Monday morning when they return to the office in Germany.

The first stocks of the FTW+ are just about to arrive in our warehouse so hopefully we can sort a quick change for you.

Thanks
Ben

On a Sunday, good effort!

Hi Swagger

Thanks
Ben

Definitely a good effort, thanks a lot man. I did email Dom actually because I couldn't get the step up to show up but spoke to some dude in America and had to buy the extended warranty, due to me being out the country just after my card arrived and then Christmas, need I go on :p

My name is James Jackson should he need it :)

Step up accepted and paid :)

Glad this was sorted quickly for you. We only have a small amount of stock of these initially for the whole of Europe, will be a more exclusive card so only for OCUK and one other customer in the UK.

Please let us know your thoughts on the new features if you get time once you have the card.

PS I usually work Sunday evenings so if you need anything weekends don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben

I will be sending it out tomorrow as I don't have time today and will be with you by Wednesday hopefully. Would I be one of those receiving a FTW+ straight away? Obviously my PC will be without a card during this time. Will post my thoughts for sure.

Hi Ben

I will be sending it out tomorrow as I don't have time today and will be with you by Wednesday hopefully. Would I be one of those receiving a FTW+ straight away? Obviously my PC will be without a card during this time. Will post my thoughts for sure.

HAHA Swagger I meant one other major reseller not just one other customer.

We do always prioritise our Step Up customers early after launch so you should get stock pretty quickly. It just depends on how many took the step up option on the card.

You are the first I heard from so hopefully it will ship out pretty quick.

Thanks
Ben

Yeah yeah, got that much haha, was kinda checking the latter of your reply, on demand and supply etc.
Sweet, thanks man, no chance of shipping one now :p, jokes, I know there is no chance :)

Last edited:
Generally for step ups you only get the notification to send your card in when we have a unit allocated for your name, so basically the card is then sitting here and waiting for the old card. Normally when we receive this the new card will get shipped the next working day to keep downtime as short as possible.

While we have some EVGA reps in here. I purchased my first EVGA card in years end of November 2013 from OCUK. its the SC 2.0 edition.

Now I'm reading on this board that you guys have really scrimped on your 970 edition so much so the cards heatsinks and heatpipes have issues. Such an issue they needed a re design. IE the new improved EVGA cards advertised in this very thread.

Now I had this same issue with XFX on my 8800 and the dam thing burnt out 12 months later leaving me 350 quid out of pocket.

Is this true and is this the same issue and if so what are you doing for customers who have already purchased one of your 970's ??? I take it nothing ?

knew I should have got the MSI or Gigabyte. :(

Last edited:
Generally for step ups you only get the notification to send your card in when we have a unit allocated for your name, so basically the card is then sitting here and waiting for the old card. Normally when we receive this the new card will get shipped the next working day to keep downtime as short as possible.

Thanks Dom, I did get the step 4 notification to ship and the pdf with address etc so I have done exactly that and I am told it will be with you guys on Thursday and is trackable and needs signing for so all good there.

While we have some EVGA reps in here. I purchased my first EVGA card in years end of November 2013 from OCUK. its the SC 2.0 edition.

Now I'm reading on this board that you guys have really scrimped on your 970 edition so much so the cards heatsinks and heatpipes have issues. Such an issue they needed a re design. IE the new improved EVGA cards advertised in this very thread.

Now I had this same issue with XFX on my 8800 and the dam thing burnt out 12 months later leaving me 350 quid out of pocket.

Is this true and is this the same issue and if so what are you doing for customers who have already purchased one of your 970's ??? I take it nothing ?

knew I should have got the MSI or Gigabyte. :(

Huh? Not had any issues with my FTW heating up or anything of the sort.. I would just like the latest one that has a backplate and redesigned cooler for improved cooling over the already very good one. Do you believe everything you read?

Huh? Not had any issues with my FTW heating up or anything of the sort.. I would just like the latest one that has a backplate and redesigned cooler for improved cooling over the already very good one. Do you believe everything you read?

No and is why I asked "Is this true" and have said @reps, before I start making wild statements, sent my card back for a refund ect ect..

I also had no issue with my XFX for 12 months then magically few days after warranty ran out the thing had really bad issues would dork out and restart when gaming or hard lock, then all of a sudden pink and yellow pixels all over the screen, we all know what that is :(. It was basically the same issue badly designed heatsink.

So my question still stands. Is there a problem with the old heatsink, if so are evga doing anything about it for current customers. If not that's cool. Ill give my money to MSI or Gigabyte next time.

Back
Top Bottom