• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NEW IMPROVED EVGA 970's ARE ON THERE WAY!!! **

No and is why I asked "Is this true" and have said @reps, before I start making wild statements, sent my card back for a refund ect ect..

I also had no issue with my XFX for 12 months then magically few days after warranty ran out the thing had really bad issues would dork out and restart when gaming or hard lock, then all of a sudden pink and yellow pixels all over the screen, we all know what that is :(. It was basically the same issue badly designed heatsink.

So my question still stands. Is there a problem with the old heatsink, if so are evga doing anything about it for current customers. If not that's cool. Ill give my money to MSI or Gigabyte next time.

Hi gents

Just to put your mind at rest there is nothing wrong with the old heatsink design at all. We have used this with hundreds and thousands of cards over the last few years and our returns remain at one of the lowest levels in the industry.

We have been concerned however with the perception of the consumer and the media. Thus we have gone to the extreme of making some changes and improvements to bring to the market. We plan to continue the old models also as we have no concerns with the design at all but those with the poor perception can go for the ACX 2.0+ Cooling. The new cooling is at extra expense though and so would have a slight premium is price.

I hope this puts minds at rest and helps your understanding.

Ben

Brilliant Ben that's the kinda response I was after and from someone at EVGA, Im sick of forum know it all's on this place, Just look at the 970 thread above 70 pages of girls arguing and trying to out nerd each other. 1 page of actual facts.

I guess I can go back to enjoying my new card instead of worrying the Vrams about to melt.

If it helps I will say I'm more than happy with the card. It doesn't look cheap and nasty in the flesh and was packaged pretty well (not the best boxing or extras inside) But more than adequate.

Hopeully that helps put a few minds at rest.

PS mine also Boosts to 1392mhz stock :P so quite a good card imo :D

In what way have I rubbished them ??? You want to see rubbish page 1-2 or the 70+ page nvidia VRAM 970 thread.

Least I own a 970gtx by EVGA, most the time on this place people talk rubbish yet don't even own the hardware.

A lot of the time people jump on the bandwagon before analysing the truth. We all like to make assumptions but if anything it makes it more difficult to seperate fact from fiction. You were getting ahead of yourself a bit there.

Wow! What's happened evga?

I've always perfected to buy evga cards in the past. This thread has now put me off.

Think you need to up your game a little to restore our conference :-)

Also as mentioned ocz used to be decent Then I had to return 5 psu's at my cost :-(

I have found this thread useful, as in some ways have the vendor reps hopefully, their company has to take on the feelings of the enthusiast and nothing here says they are not.

Maybe in time we will see FTW+ Enthusiast editions with all the shroud bells and whistles many seem to want.

Brilliant Ben that's the kinda response I was after and from someone at EVGA, Im sick of forum know it all's on this place, Just look at the 970 thread above 70 pages of girls arguing and trying to out nerd each other. 1 page of actual facts.

I guess I can go back to enjoying my new card instead of worrying the Vrams about to melt.

If it helps I will say I'm more than happy with the card. It doesn't look cheap and nasty in the flesh and was packaged pretty well (not the best boxing or extras inside) But more than adequate.

Hopeully that helps put a few minds at rest.

PS mine also Boosts to 1392mhz stock :P so quite a good card imo :D

Glad your enjoying the card... GTX970 is a superb card and will have plenty of life in months to come playing all the games at optimum settings.

Hope you remembered to register and get your EVGA 5 year warranty.

Ben

I have found this thread useful, as in some ways have the vendor reps hopefully, their company has to take on the feelings of the enthusiast and nothing here says they are not.

Maybe in time we will see FTW+ Enthusiast editions with all the shroud bells and whistles many seem to want.

I manage sales in UK, Nordics and France. I report directly to the EVGA CEO who owns and founded the company. We are not a huge monster like MSI or Asus despite selling large numbers of VGA and PSU this is our niche and relatively small TAMs so we are not a monster company.

This means all useful thoughts on these forums I report directly back to the CEO during calls and meetings. Look at the changes we made to the heatpipes for example, this is all about perception of the enthusiasts on forums such as this.

The shroud and packaging have been raised as points of concern in recent weeks and are being discussed for points in future designs.

Thanks for all the useful comments and keep them coming.

Ben

I manage sales in UK, Nordics and France. I report directly to the EVGA CEO who owns and founded the company. We are not a huge monster like MSI or Asus despite selling large numbers of VGA and PSU this is our niche and relatively small TAMs so we are not a monster company.

This means all useful thoughts on these forums I report directly back to the CEO during calls and meetings. Look at the changes we made to the heatpipes for example, this is all about perception of the enthusiasts on forums such as this.

The shroud and packaging have been raised as points of concern in recent weeks and are being discussed for points in future designs.

Thanks for all the useful comments and keep them coming.

Ben

That's exactly what this should be about, no one can say it will get the enthusiast what they demand but its a solid representation of feedback :)

Glad your enjoying the card... GTX970 is a superb card and will have plenty of life in months to come playing all the games at optimum settings.

Hope you remembered to register and get your EVGA 5 year warranty.

Ben

Dam i haven't know can this still be done ? I got cards end of November - start of December time.

Ben/Dominik: I see on your website that there are now 2 versions of the 970SC so did that get a redesign with more power phases too?

Hi

We do have 2 versions now in the UK but they are different.

We have part code 04G-P4-2974-KR - This is the EVGA GTX970 SC with ACX 2.0 Cooling.

Then we have recently launched the 04G-P4-3975-KR - This is the EVGA GTX970 Super SC or SSC with ACX 2.0+ Cooling.

We have made some changes to the cooling for the ACX 2.0+. There is a nice preview of the new Cooling at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65mjPjodnnk

This shows the GTX960 SSC card but the features are all the same.

We are no longer making cards 04G-P4-0974-KR and 04G-P4-0972-KR as this was the old ACX 1.0 Cooling so please ignore these models.

The above GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 and GTX970 SSC ACX 2.0+ will be the two SC models for the UK market.

Thanks
Ben

Hi, yes we extended this promotion!!! As long as you register your cards till the 21st of March you get the 5 years for free

hi dominik, I was wondering if you could help me.

I have been having problems with my 6g 780 I sent it back to my original supplier which offer 1 year warranty for the first year and the remaining 2 years is with yourselves. So I thought I would send it back to them with them being in the uk and it' was the cheapest option for me. although I did op to the extended 5 year warranty.

I sent my card back to them just over 2 weeks ago and they said there is nothing wrong with the card and there is no fault, but I have video proof of the gpu making a rattling/vibrating noise at a certain fan speed it has been happening for a few months now on and off and has gradually got worse, to the point where I can even hear it over my headset.

Once I showed them the videos they were quick to send it back to yourselves for either a replacement/repair or to get credited.

I was wondering how far along is the process? the supplier said it could take 2 weeks. I will list the videos below of the problem I am having. When I play games like cod aw, crysis 3, battlefield 4 ect this sound happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0KTStiMsN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gj0RGp1ts4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-tJBBNaK0Y

Regards,

Guy

Evga are awesome regardless of the plastic whatever, yous are just being picky.

My evga 780 idled at 18c and never went above 60c! Great quality/cooling

It's all about customer support and warranty, hands down evga are the best out there for support and their extended warranty is awesome.

I heard about someone that had a 480 got given a 680 as a replacement! How good is that. Germans are the best at making good all round solid products even their cars are engineered to perfection. Be quiet is also a great company for cpu coolers and psu's again a Germany company!.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom