** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Hi Guys,

I've finally managed to get one. Can anyone provide me with the best settings for gaming and watching movies, please?
Can someone also advise me why whenever I plug in the Flash drive, it does not show up and there is no reaction?

Many Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Soldato
I really like mine. The stand is a little wobbly so I’ve got an arm for it. Much cleaner.

lg_27gl850-b.jpg
have to say that looks mighty nice. gonna jump on one as soon as the exclusivity deal ends to see if the price comes down as they can be had EU wide for substantially cheaper.

Associate

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Many Thanks for the link.

No , the Monitor is not connected to the PC , at the moment I use it with the PS4. I have some movies on a Flash Drive and I thought I'll be able to plug it in to the Monitor and watch... Correct me if I'm wrong.

You need to use the included USB cable to make the monitor a USB hub.

Associate
Sorry to be pain...The included USB cable cannot be plugged in to the flashdrive. I use flash drives on my Samsung Telly with no problem. What's the difference then?

Soldato
As far as I know the connected USB device can be only used as extended storage on the PS4.
really? i thought the ps4 was also a 'media player' - could be totally wrong but that was always my understanding.

from a quick dirty google (not checked authenticity)

The PlayStation 4 finally has a new media player that allows video, music, and pictures to be streamed from a PC or USB stick. ... You can stream files off of a home server or a USB stick that you plug into the system. Many of the major file formats you'd hope for are supported, such as MKV, AVI, and MP4

rn2

rn2

Associate
It's a shame that the 27GL850 is not G-Sync and is only G-Sync compatible. If anyone gets one let us know if it suffers with the usual flickering a lot of the G-Sync compatibles have.

Associate
It's a shame that the 27GL850 is not G-Sync and is only G-Sync compatible. If anyone gets one let us know if it suffers with the usual flickering a lot of the G-Sync compatibles have.
It works perfectly for me on GSync. I also have 3 of them so I can also say that GSync works across them all.
I get some very occasional backlight flicker when the screen saver stops and it goes back to desktop but never in game

rn2

rn2

Associate
It works perfectly for me on GSync. I also have 3 of them so I can also say that GSync works across them all.
I get some very occasional backlight flicker when the screen saver stops and it goes back to desktop but never in game

Thank you.

I also found this for anyone who buys one.

PSA LG 27gl850 owners: Energy saving mode is on by default and was causing what I thought was flickering

Associate
Have a 27GL850 ordered. I need to connect to both my PC and Mac (for work). I can apprently only get 120hz on macOS via DisplayPort. If I do that, can I get G-Sync over HDMI with my GTX 1070?

Associate
Have a 27GL850 ordered. I need to connect to both my PC and Mac (for work). I can apprently only get 120hz on macOS via DisplayPort. If I do that, can I get G-Sync over HDMI with my GTX 1070?
Pretty sure Gsync only works over DP. I have one connected to PC over DP and it gioves 144hhz as expected. the other caps out at 100hz over HDMI to my laptop.

Back
Top Bottom