** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
DPD very helpfully lost the package with my monitor, rang OCUK and they have dispatched another with no fuss. Top class service from them, can't say the same for DPD! Will have to wait until next week now for it to arrive, if they don't lose this one!!

Associate
I got my LG 27gl850 last week and it's a brilliant monitor. The difference gaming from my Dell 24ea 60hz to this is night and day! The quality of the picture is much better and the smoothness (likely from refresh rate), is noticeable better! Really pleased with the purchase

Associate
Hi all

So I have been a console gamer all my life I have a playstation 4 (base) and I plan on getting the ps5 but I have also been thinking of getting a gaming pc for 1440p gaming I have never had a gaming monitor before so I have been keeping my eye on this one the thing is because I still game on console a lot of the content I play would be 1080p and I'm wondering would this gaming monitor be good for both 1080p gaming (console) and 1440p gaming (pc) I have no interest in 4K just 1080p/1440p, thanks

Associate
I have Dell s2417dg, is it worth to change to LG 27gl850?

Spicy take away shop just lower the price and just reserved one for collection. Should I collect it by end of tomorrow?.:(

Soldato
I have the Dell s2716dg, and I work at the "spicy take away shop" so could get the 27GL850 for £360 now...

Think I will buy it today, the Dell has served me very well, has nice colours for a TN panel, but it has 2 stuck green pixels now and the burn in test pattern is stuck on which is a bit annoying.

The other monitor I was looking at was the Asus Rog Strix XG279Q but that is double the price almost.

Associate
I have been following this thread with great interest as it appears to be the go-to pick for a 27" screen. If i'm planning to use it for lightroom & photoshop + gaming will the lower contrast be an issue?

Associate
I have the Dell s2716dg, and I work at the "spicy take away shop" so could get the 27GL850 for £360 now...

Think I will buy it today, the Dell has served me very well, has nice colours for a TN panel, but it has 2 stuck green pixels now and the burn in test pattern is stuck on which is a bit annoying.

The other monitor I was looking at was the Asus Rog Strix XG279Q but that is double the price almost.
S2716DG also has banding issues in dark scenes. I got the GL83A, great monitor with no issues in my book so GL850 is a great deal

Soldato
Well we had 3 in stock and they were all reserved\sold before we opened. 1 for me :)

Do you happen to know what the returns policy is for monitors with the company you work for? Specifically, could I use the monitor for a day and then return it simply because i dont like it/dont think its worth the money etc.?

Thanks

Soldato
Do you happen to know what the returns policy is for monitors with the company you work for? Specifically, could I use the monitor for a day and then return it simply because i dont like it/dont think its worth the money etc.?

Thanks

As it is an in-store collection item you would have to return the item in unopened condition, so no.

Associate
Not sure that’s correct, from memory I’m pretty sure that if you order and pay online even if you collect it in person from a store you’re still covered by dsr/ccr.

I did ask when I collected mine last night, he said in store collection is different to online order, only exchange or refund if fault with the item. But on the back of the receipt it's show no question ask 21 return if change of mind .........

Anyway, so far so good but need to get use to going from 24" to 27" :D:D.

Soldato
Not sure that’s correct, from memory I’m pretty sure that if you order and pay online even if you collect it in person from a store you’re still covered by dsr/ccr.

No, you are not.

I did ask when I collected mine last night, he said in store collection is different to online order, only exchange or refund if fault with the item. But on the back of the receipt it's show no question ask 21 return if change of mind .........

Anyway, so far so good but need to get use to going from 24" to 27" :D:D.

That is correct, the 21 days return is only on unopened items, so if you used it already it doesn't count.

Soldato
No, you are not.
yes, you are.

Returning click and collect purchases
So, what if you bought or ordered something online and then picked it up in-store?

The determining factor in this equation is where in the process you parted with your cash. If you paid online, you're covered by CCR. If you paid in-store, the regular consumer rights laws apply.
i've highlighted the part that's taken directly from the CCR. so if the payment is completed online, whether you collect in person or not is irrelevant, you are covered by CCR.

Back
Top Bottom