New Look on the rocks

Soldato
Na. Homebase is now owned by Sainsburys along with Argos and Habitat. Sainsburys may bring them more in-store. But they are not going bust
No it's not. It's owned by some Australian group who made a complete hash of the takeover. Totally ****** it up.

Probably won't go bust, they've got enough cash, but the brand might disappear

Associate
Ah my mistake. I knew homebase were owned by Home Retail Group, which was then bought by Sainsburys in 2016 (Inc. Argos etc). Looks like HRG sold homebase a few months before the takeover.

Caporegime
Ah my mistake. I knew homebase were owned by Home Retail Group, which was then bought by Sainsburys in 2016 (Inc. Argos etc). Looks like HRG sold homebase a few months before the takeover.
It's super confusing isn't it, the way these companies keep changing hands. I thought Sainsbury's owned Homebase a few years ago, when they were actually owned by HRG.

Caporegime
Homebase is quite good. They sell a lot of stuff that is too big /heavy to ship cheaply via courier.
I've bought plant pots that were significantly more expensive on amazon.

I dunno who will be next. But it is amazing smiths is still going.
Maybe Holland and Barrett. So overpriced and niche. Maybe carpetwright.

So many must start to fall soon.

Soldato
Before the bunnings takeover, I would have put my house on homebase going. I actually quite like homebase again after using them for my kitchen.

Man of Honour
Na. Homebase is now owned by Sainsburys along with Argos and Habitat. Sainsburys may bring them more in-store. But they are not going bust
Homebase is now owned by Bunnings and in the middle of a programme of work to convert over the stores to their brand name. Apparently they did just make a loss though.

I think they are a good bet to go under within the next 2 to 5 years.

Man of Honour
Maybe we should bin the idea of a "high street" and change most of it to housing instead. What's the point of large globs of charity shops, pound shops, fast food shops and niche shops that go out of business in a few months? We could probably cut the size of "high streets" in half and still have more shops than people actually use.

Associate
I don't know how pc world and Curry's even survive I legit go in to look at things in real life for then to Google and instantly find cheaper and buy.

I wonder if PCWorld are being propped up by manufacturers peddling their products like HP, Lenovo etc. Without PCWorld their product window to the public would shrink.

I think Currys and PCworld should drop their names and relaunch as just one large merged shop.

Caporegime
Maybe we should bin the idea of a "high street" and change most of it to housing instead. What's the point of large globs of charity shops, pound shops, fast food shops and niche shops that go out of business in a few months? We could probably cut the size of "high streets" in half and still have more shops than people actually use.
I'm 100% in agreement in areas where the high street is already dead/dying. In my town it hasn't reached that point, although the "churn" factor is certainly high. But here we aren't living in the charity shop/betting shop/estate agent dystopia just yet. Over the road in Helston they very much are (which is a shame, I grew up in Helston, but it's not the same place now).

Permabanned
Nah it's cool. You seem to be quite bitter about something, so I'll leave you to your misery and get on with life.

AEtTgn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom