New member? New build! Shinobi XL white + orange

Soldato
OP
first and formost

Has anyone got a good logo or name for my build?! The prize is urm.... il use the name and logo :p

This looks amazing, really well done. The attention to detail on everything really sets this build apart from others. Good job!

Thanks man, ive spent quite a few hours on it, and for me on a computer build thats unheard of, usually, i just throw it together and leave it at that!

Thanks for info regarding temps and cable management.

The 24 pin cable does look really good like that with just four main wires, makes it look really neat.

How's the rest coming on? Anymore updates?

there will be.... soon, ive booked some more time off work in march, a week before i take my machine the i-series, so il hopefully be finishing everything then!!!

Nice work :)

What was done to make your coolant more 'Orange', just add red dye? I'm about to use Mayhems Pastel Gigabyte Orange :)

well mike from mayhem sent me some yellow, orange and red dye, i just played around with it until it went how i wanted, just adding a drop in at a time, i used all 3 of the dyes. tbh, i didnt really look at how much of each i used. I have just checked the bottles and if they all had the same in at the start, it would seem i used more orange than anything!

I have now bought another bottle of pastel orange as i have an idea with a different pump/rez and would need more, it seems its the perfect colour without any dye so you should be ok!

I own the same case and I have a few fans coming in a couple of days to add to the top, would cutting the holes in the uppercase like you have be that beneficial?

If nothing is in the airflows way, then i would imagine it being better, but i dont think it would make a massive difference, i prefer it like it is now though!

Looks EPIC :D fair play to you youve got balls to mess around the psu :O

Thanks man, it hasnt been without hickups, but im relatively confident when it comes to electrics so thought id give it ago, it seems to have paid off nicely!

Wow nice job on the PSU sleeving and custom lengths! Never have I seen a white and orange build before!

thanks dude, thats the only reason i chose white and orange if im honest! at all the lans ive been ive never seen a nice white and orange build!

Now for a little update!

My CPU died on me!!!! luckily for me, i bought it from overclockers and they sorted me out very quickly and without fuss, one reason why i make sure i use them!

Im about to either make, or order (not decided yet) a custom GPU backplate, but i want a logo and maybe even a project name, which leads me back to....

Anyone got a good logo or name for my build?! The prize is urm.... il use the name and logo :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
project orange it is!!!! (ok il let you keep it for now ;) )

and no worries, if you do have any problems with your orange, give mlwood37 a message and he will sort you out, but this new batch seems perfect, the exact same colour as my mobo details

Soldato
OP
the way i got mine when it was out of stock was to grab one of the ones with noise dampening in it... cost me a few quid extra, but i saved it in other places so it made no difference to me.

Associate
Yeah the only thing that's missing is a vesa mount, I know a lot of the cheaper monitors don't have them nowadays, but still, I'd love to get them on either my wall or on a 3 monitor stand. I hate having my monitors on my desk lol. I suppose il get used to it though!

I had the same problem with a monitor . So for mounting I bought a regular tilt mount .Measure the back of the monitor and cut a piece of 3ply I then bolted the ply to the bracket . Then I got hold of some Gorilla glue mounting tape (the super glue of tape) and just stuck it to the ply . It was rock solid,when It needed removing I just used pure alcahol on a paint brush.
Awsome build mate , I'm seriously thinking about orange but with black , when I finally upgrade to water .

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That's not a bad idea apart from I take my monitors lans quite often (only 1 or 2 depending on the lan so I'd have to re apply a lot! However, I do have 2 spare 19" monitors and a 17" monitor knocking around that could be lan monitors instead leaving my bigger boys on the wall!

Certainly food for thought! Cheers!

Soldato
OP
just ordered this....

gtx680davidolabido.jpg

hopefully it will be a little darker orange, but il see when it arrives

Soldato
OP
Im FINALLY(!) off for a week, so hopefully im going to finish my build.

sfsdfg.jpg

insidei.jpg

this arrived in the post a while back, but ive been away working from home as per usual, so only just got my grubby fingers on it!!!

ive also ordered some aluminium mesh stuff to try and do some bits and bobs with, whether it will work or not is another matter.

i also will be finally finishing off all those cables, re doing the ones that have now gone dodgy because of the angle i have had to put them at (making the heatshrink come away from where i want it) but hopefully, i shall be ready for i series in 2 weeks time!!!!

Associate
I like it a lot. It's not about how a backplate looks on its own but how it works in a build. And that one looks exactly right for you build. Really nice and clean design that suits your white build with orange accents!

Soldato
OP
cheers Tim!!

i finally finished off most of the braiding today, and fit fit the backplate to the graphics card!

dscn0346wv.jpg

davidolabido.jpg

frontkh.jpg

inside2oq.jpg

ive also done some cable management around the back of the motherboard tray, and hid 2 SSD's there. so they are now out of the way.

Ive pretty much finished this build now. Only one or two more things to do. Relatively happy with how it looks, although i do still need to do something about the amount of cables that can be seen, extremely happy with how it performs!

Cant wait to get it to the next LAN i go!

Last edited:
Soldato
Dude, loving he build.
Any chance of additional pics?
was wondering how you've tucked the SSDs and how the fans at the top turned out?
I'm making decisions for my own shinobi build and was lloking for and tricks you might have used :p

Associate
David for optimal performance you should put the gfx card into the black PCi-E slot and flip the switch on the bottom end of the mobo.

Also I think you should also paint the PCI slot of the gfx card white as well.

I love the overal clean feel of the build. For example the completely clean white PSU. Very fresh look. Top job mate.

I have other things I would personally add as well but this build is not about me. I really like it, enjoy it a lot!

Back
Top Bottom