New OCUK Dark theme out now, get it while it's hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I try this in chrome again, does it have the annoying flash of blue on every page as it loads, before the style is applied? That was a total show-stopper for me last time, was really irritating.

Didn't do it when I was using it on chrome under linux.

I just tested it - works fine!

It's all great, not bad for readability compared to last time I tried it (I have a different monitor now, might explain it). My only problem is the post icons are too difficult to differentiate. It's hard to see if it's a thread with unread posts or not. Apart from that, great!

EDIT: Switched to the old icons, much better.

Considering this is an excellent forum with very little advertising, its a bit silly to be moaning about the advert at the top right. Its not in the way and it doesn't look bad anyway.

I personally love the blue though, I dont like the black at all. I dont really see what the gains are from having it, its certainly not any easier to read for me at least.

To install it in opera you need to go into the preferences and attach the .css. Can't remember exact details

Yep, go to Menu -> Settings -> Preferences

Then: Advanced -> Content -> Manage Site Preferences

At this stage you'll either need to edit (if you've applied a stylesheet before) or add if you haven't.

Within the site preferences go to Display and add the style sheet you want to use :)

Considering this is an excellent forum with very little advertising, its a bit silly to be moaning about the advert at the top right. Its not in the way and it doesn't look bad anyway.

I personally love the blue though, I dont like the black at all. I dont really see what the gains are from having it, its certainly not any easier to read for me at least.

As with most stylistic choices its matter of taste. I'm sure as a fellow computer forum user you can appreciate that people like to modify, fiddle and customize things.

As for the ad things, i havent seen anyone moaning about that, and i agree with you, its hardly flashing eye distracting stuff.

I just tested it - works fine!

It's all great, not bad for readability compared to last time I tried it (I have a different monitor now, might explain it). My only problem is the post icons are too difficult to differentiate. It's hard to see if it's a thread with unread posts or not. Apart from that, great!

EDIT: Switched to the old icons, much better.

I had that problem and is why i asked about using the old icons with sky. Luckily Sky is a gem of a bloke and tweaked it and more to other things i had tiny issues with and put them out as options when downloading the theme.

Nice one again btw Sky. :)

love the theme, i just cant get use to it, its been blue for so long, it just doesn't feel right in black
if i was a new member i would use it without a doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom