**** New Official DayZ Thread *****

We wont be removing the 50cals, there will be a way of keeping them in. We agree - especially on a mod like Epoch where you can buy high powered vehicles you need a counter measure. People just dont like being one shotted but if you put yourself in an open enough area to be sniped then you deserve to be sniped.

Too much carebear around and not enough actual survival going on

you will be removing them ;) even if you add them in what ammo you using :D

sorry devs have already thought of everything :p you wont be using them if you using upto date patches.

why is it not right they develop the mod.

majority want them removed anyway. it will make the mod better and more people will move about explore. dayz mainly now is get a big sniper sit on belly for a week for many.

with next patch loot is more rare now it is finally how it started out and not just a race to get a as50 or m107 then sit down for next month :p

you will have to fight to stay alive . no more just run to hospital 5 blood bags you lucky if blood bag is even there at all. no bags every where or even simple loot like food. i think a lot of players will probably rage tbh as they have had it so easy for so long and used to many servers just giving them gear or buying loadouts on spawn :rolleyes:

Definitely needs to go back to how it was before the mod took off. Finding an AKS variant should be classed as high end!

Agreed but removing high powered weapons all together is daft in my opinion. All they need to do is allow 1 per server or something, therefore the person who has it has to be very careful, as if it's heard firing then everyone is gonna chase them down for it.

best thing is a dmr is ten times better than those guns and you can hip fire very accurate with them.

im on a pub server now where i have 80 kills with one :p

Can't get Breaking Point working, keeps trying authentication then gives up. Are there server problems at the moment?

The Canadian servers are working, shame they have pings of 200+.

Gonna give this a proper try over the weekend, looks like fun.

Last time I played I nicked a M107 from one of the griefer clan members backpack in CPC, grabbed a load of ammo too and now it's going? :(

Last time I played I nicked a M107 from one of the griefer clan members backpack in CPC, grabbed a load of ammo too and now it's going? :(

We are not planning to remove them, they may get removed from the loot table, but they won't be lost forever ;)

Had my first proper night back playing dayz last night and it was awesome :D I got myself a little bird, 3 higher grade m4s, a coyote (this was from spdy's dead corpse but he said I could have it), a dmr, and all the other good stuff in normal gear like rangefinders and gps :D

Oh! and I got a safe too :D

If they take away goof gear, you may aswell 'survive' around the farm buildings and just hunt yourself a few animals.

Nope, if the good guns go, I think I'll be gone.

Does Wasteland have high end rifles?

its not cod lol its a survival game .

i dont get why so many are getting mad over high powered snipers you would never even see in real life lol.

they just trying to make it more realistic. rifles you would probably find would be ww2 rifles and shotguns thats about it.

as50 = never m107 = never.

There will be ways to amend the code dgee, everything is moddable with variables. There will simply be some code in the server files that say that if m107 = spawned = delete (primitive but thats all it is) you just change the list of disallowed weapons. Modding arma2 is relatively simple.. well, the syntax is awkward but the meat of it is easy to spot.

Until it is standalone, dayz will be anything you want it to be thanks to many different scripts and addons and there is no way of stopping that at all. Not for private hives.

apparently razor has done it so it wont spawn ammo regardless of adding it modding it.

obviously what one man does another can do but...

in standalone remember things are locked ;)

so server admins wont be abusing adding things or looking at people on the map live . thing is by time the patch comes out with the removed guns the standalone alpha will probably be here or very close so the mod side will die off very quickly while everyone jumps on standalone.

at end of day its preference i prefer without the big guns . some like em fair enough.

tbh I am much more looking forward to the Arma 3 mod and its progression rather then standalone. Although I will be buying it I just think the Arma 3 version will get modded to do exactly the same (and more once they port over all the other mods) and look and play 3 times better. But hey I could be wrong

Last edited:
arma 3 version will not get go ahead just yet as rocket has the say on that

so hes hardly gunna say hey yeah release that for free no one buys standalone or it will effect sale of standalone thats okay just do it.

hell say youll have to wait lads standalone is ready or do some kind of tie in to do both arma 3 and dayz standalone sales.

all you have to remember its all about money forget the i love video games its all money orientated. so whatever makes money the best will govern what happens .

arma 3 version will not get go ahead just yet as rocket has the say on that

so hes hardly gunna say hey yeah release that for free no one buys standalone or it will effect sale of standalone thats okay just do it.

hell say youll have to wait lads standalone is ready or do some kind of tie in to do both arma 3 and dayz standalone sales.

all you have to remember its all about money forget the i love video games its all money orientated. so whatever makes money the best will govern what happens .

But it already has a version out you can try does it not?

question, i'm being really dumb here I know, but how do I find the servers listed in the OP? I don't see an option in dayz commander to search IP?

couldn't really get on with this first time I tried it a couple of months back but fancy another blast at it

Back
Top Bottom