** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Look amazing! What did you use to wall mount it?

I used a LOGIK LFSKM16 TV wall mount with Toggler toggle bolts, which are superb for hanging heavy items on internal plasterboard walls. Luckily I had some M4 10mm bolts which you need to screw the brackets onto the monitor.

Picture is fantastic, nice rich vibrant colours. Much better than my previous AOC IPS Professional 4K monitor, which surprised me. The blacks are black with no bleed from the edges on dark scenes which always annoys me with some monitors.

Gaming is on another level.

The only problem was getting the thing upstairs :D

Associate
I used a LOGIK LFSKM16 TV wall mount with Toggler toggle bolts, which are superb for hanging heavy items on internal plasterboard walls. Luckily I had some M4 10mm bolts which you need to screw the brackets onto the monitor.

Picture is fantastic, nice rich vibrant colours. Much better than my previous AOC IPS Professional 4K monitor, which surprised me. The blacks are black with no bleed from the edges on dark scenes which always annoys me with some monitors.

Gaming is on another level.

The only problem was getting the thing upstairs :D

I'm jealous! Lol I'll take a look at the mount thanks!

Associate
@TheOracle

Blacks are not really black on this G9 Neo, even with local dimming on. As well as on Oled, neighboring pixels get illuminated by pixels which are not turned off. So you will see also on oled a halo effect and washed out blacks in this area ;).
For a poor working 2048 dimming zone monitor like the G9 Neo the affected area is much bigger.

I don't know how bad your ips was, but my AW3821DW has pretty good blacks compared with edge led va's. Nothing i would complain regarding the price. The monitor works like intended. Nothing we could say about the G9 Neo or the older G9. Both have same diseases in common

Last edited:
Associate
Just got the Neo G9 direct for £1664 48 0% with Klarna . With £101.69 quidco .

Hope you really enjoy it. I have the standard G9 which I love, such an impressive display.

I bought mine in December last year, have had no issues at all that firmware updates haven't fixed and its jaw-droppingly beautiful.

I also ordered a 38" AW3821DW and had both at the same time for a few days.

My purchase was based on that I could return I had any issues but keep the best. It was the AW I sent back.

Associate
Hope you really enjoy it. I have the standard G9 which I love, such an impressive display.

I bought mine in December last year, have had no issues at all that firmware updates haven't fixed and its jaw-droppingly beautiful.

I also ordered a 38" AW3821DW and had both at the same time for a few days.

My purchase was based on that I could return I had any issues but keep the best. It was the AW I sent back.

you must be my twin lol ..im actually using a AW3821D right now and its going back even if i send the G9 back as its got very bad light bleed in bottom corners . The AW38 is being collected tomorrow as dell would only offer a refund and not a exchange as i do love the AW but the light bleed is awful and the HDR is even worse as washed all colors out even using it at 120hz 10bit 4.4.4 . i do believe that the HDR issues with the screens is Windows itself as it just cant cope .I will see what the G9 is like as its a gamble as at over £500 more expensive but i like and want the 2x screens option to use Xbox one x as me and wife can then play in same room and not have headsets on .(one of us will use G9 the other on the series x on LG C9) . if G9 ends up going back i will just wait it out and get the LG 42in OLED in 2022.

Associate
My AW3821DW has no lightbleed. Only very low ips glow in the corners. AW3821DW's hdr is trash because of only 12 dimming zones per edge led ;). G9's hdr is trash because it has only 10 dimming zones per edge led.

Colors at hdr are not washed out on my screen in bright scenes. In dark scenes you will see awful light strips.

If you want good hdr you need to buy a fald monitor with G-Sync Ultimate module or an tv with mini led fald or oled. But this is is only possible together wit fan noise.

The G9 Neo has no fans, but hdr which is complete garbage, even more as on AW3821DW. Because the brightness is low, the colors are generally flat and the dimming is not aiming for hdr highlights.

Last edited:
Associate
For sdr i use atm AW3821DW (selected out of 4 samples), (my X34GS is also perfect, but i think i will sell it, need the place for something else), for hdr i use 48" C1, 55" G1 (selected out of 3 samples) and PG32UQX (selected out of 7 samples)

Associate
I had 4 G9 Neo. All crap. Hdr is a bloody joke. It looks like the cheap hdr 400 monitors. No pop. All flat.

But the CRG9 will have a slow panel, flickering and all other diseases of G9/G9 Neo include dust lottery.

I wouldn't touch it. Buy a good ips instead. It will serve you much better.

If you want to know something about a wqhd - uhd monitor. Ask me. I had most multiple times since 2015 ;).

Back
Top Bottom