** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Hello, I am in the process of getting the 32 inch G7.. Can someone please confirm that the LC32G75TQSRXEN is the latest one (manufactured 2021), with issues probably resolved instead of the LC32G75TQSUXEN ??
Thanks in advance

Soldato
Hello, I am in the process of getting the 32 inch G7.. Can someone please confirm that the LC32G75TQSRXEN is the latest one (manufactured 2021), with issues probably resolved instead of the LC32G75TQSUXEN ??
Thanks in advance

Mine is LC32G75TQSRXXU if that is any help and it came with firmware 1010.3 i could not find a manufacture date on it or the box.

Associate
I've had the G9 since November and (touch wood) had none of the major issues that have been documented.

It's bolted to my simrig and mainly play Dirt Rally 2.0, iracing and AC. The whole rig can shake around at times, so it gets a far more rigorous work out than sitting on a desktop.

The only thing I have noticed is in the pause screen of Dirt Rally 2.0 there's a weird flickering graphical glitch on the middle left of the screen. It doesn't show up when recording in OBS, or any other time/game. Could possibly be the DP cable as I've had a few of those fail.

Updated firmware last night from 1008 to 1013 and I no longer have the glitch I had a year ago. I'll take that! :D

Associate
Got the G7 Odyssey monitor now for a week. Switched from a 34" 3440x1440, NO VRR, VA, 60HZ Only.

Awesome upgrade. VRR and 240HZ are a game changer. It came with 1010 Firmware. Just installed the newest one. 1011.0 and now I can see defintley more banding in Youtube for example. **** me, why did just installed the newest firmware.

Associate
So after having a G7 32 that I returned ages ago due to terrible scanlines and other problems I bought a gigabyte ultrawide but this got broken by the little one (not had much luck with monitors)

So now I have performed the panel lottery again on the G7 and it seems so far I have got a good one, no flickering or major scanlines at the moment so will see how it goes, the original one I had took a few months to mess up so I hope this one ends up being OK

Associate
Been tempted to buy one of these for ages and with the current price even more so....

Question is has the problems with dead pixels and popping bezels etc been addressed and fixed? Or is it still a lucky draw?

Associate
What's the turnaround time for RMAs with Samsung? Do they provide you with a stop-gap monitor like ASUS do? My G9 is occasionally dimming and flicking at random intervals, unfortunately it's not the standard flickering issue which 1010.3 part solves.

Already been through one G9 replacement (flashing line down the screen) 5 months ago with retailer but it looks like they're out of stock now so it's either a refund or straight to Samsung.

Associate
Okay so I got a full cash refund from the retailer and bought my third G9.

It appears the 2021 revision is a lot better, the standard flickering and scanline issues are not present and the unit is a lot more efficient (50w vs 100w of the previous model). The heat reduction is actually very notcible, used to feel like I had a heater in front of me - this in turn fixes the popping bezels problem. Hopefully this is 3rd time lucky.

The revision is denoted by the 4 digits after G9x, I.e. my model is LC49G93TSSRXXU with the older revision being TSSU.

Associate
I have a quick question about the 49". I understand you can have 2 inputs into the monitor displaying equally as 2 screens. Is there a way to have 1 16:9 video source (Games console) in the middle of this monitor at the 2560 x 1440.

Essentially I plan on getting on of these for my racing cockpit. PC games support the Ultrawide resolution but consoles dont. Could I run a games console and have it running in the middle of this monitor (Obviously with black bars at each side.

Associate
There are 3 connections, DP + DP + HDMI

You can either have either of the connection side by side covering half screen each or one covering the whole middle.

In latter case if your single signal is not wide enough to cover the whole screen you will have black bars on either side.

This is how it looks like on my screen:

Associate
Hi All.

Just got a Neo G9 delivered after a short stint of being out of stock everywhere. Looks like they are pre shipping with the new firmware.

So far so good. no issues that people have reported... and man does this thing rock... working from home and having my PC and laptop on the same screen side by side rather than 2 monitors is so much more prodcutive.

So anyway I have a couple of questions for those who have used this for prolonged periods of time.

• Front to back this thing is huge. any recommendations for a wall or desk mount? prefer it to be as slim as possible
  • I run windows 11 with HDR on 24/7. any recommendations for both monitor settings and Nvidia settings? I have it on HDR Dynamic and Local dimming auto currently
  • For when I run PC/Laptop side by side HDR is off. recommendations for SDR colour settings?
Played a few games last night in 32:9 blew my mind... was like wearing a VR headset with the amount of FOV. Although i still suck at FPS games ;)

Back
Top Bottom