** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Surely if there is a potential danger to users then it would be recalled immediately and made public, but it smells like its a defect , but a safe one at that?
*reading between the lines*

Associate
Comments seem to suggest the 27" isn't affected by the same issues.
Thanks for the bit of info. I hope these issues get ironed out fast. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to spent 1200 quid on a monitor to get it and potentially having to send it back/ having your preorder delayed more due to a recall

Associate
my g9 was supposed to be getting picked up by yodel today but still states we are expecting your parcel soon beginning to wonder is it being held at the retailers end :( suppose if there is any issue there samsung wont be wanting to take any risks after the whole galaxy note battery fiasco
Mine shows that its now been picked up and is at my yodel local depot

Caporegime
Thanks for the bit of info. I hope these issues get ironed out fast. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to spent 1200 quid on a monitor to get it and potentially having to send it back/ having your preorder delayed more due to a recall
Yeah, it's a joke and Samsung have again really dropped the ball and will suffer justified reputational damage. With proper and thorough sample testing this kind of thing should not be happening.

Associate
Recall seems to be in the states only so far right? I’m not sure if it’s in other countries also but the reddit threads are American.

I’m kinda kicking myself for selling my CRG9 early, but I didn’t want a situation where I had two 49” beasts at the same time, so I sold early to make space.

Trouble is, now I’ve tasted 32:9 I don’t want to go back to anything else, otherwise I’d be ordering the predator X35, which was my monitor of choice before trying the CRG9...

Associate
Recall seems to be in the states only so far right? I’m not sure if it’s in other countries also but the reddit threads are American.

I’m kinda kicking myself for selling my CRG9 early, but I didn’t want a situation where I had two 49” beasts at the same time, so I sold early to make space.

Trouble is, now I’ve tasted 32:9 I don’t want to go back to anything else, otherwise I’d be ordering the predator X35, which was my monitor of choice before trying the CRG9...

I feel your pain mate. I can't even play on my 34 alienware now it just feels constricted !

Associate
spoke with Samsung, they refused to give any clear information, when asked about recall the guy took ages responding to me then said they didnt have any information to give from head office. So i asked why they delays/not shipping and he again took ages and said we cant give any information on this and just point blank refused to offer any clear advice. So i will be called OC at 9am and cancelling my order £1300 sat in someone elses bank with no one giving any updates/info is ridiculous

Associate
spoke with Samsung, they refused to give any clear information, when asked about recall the guy took ages responding to me then said they didnt have any information to give from head office. So i asked why they delays/not shipping and he again took ages and said we cant give any information on this and just point blank refused to offer any clear advice. So i will be called OC at 9am and cancelling my order £1300 sat in someone elses bank with no one giving any updates/info is ridiculous

I have worked in CS before and we got told things at the last moment or information was given which we were not allowed to release. Give the poor guy a break. Not sure what you expected him to say.

He probably had no idea what was going on.

Associate
I have worked in CS before and we got told things at the last moment or information was given which we were not allowed to release. Give the poor guy a break. Not sure what you expected him to say.

He probably had no idea what was going on.
spent 10 years working in CS we got told to withhold information from customers if it meant not causing a issue

Associate
spent 10 years working in CS we got told to withhold information from customers if it meant not causing a issue

Same as their social media / twitter people - They would not be the first to know about any recall etc unless head office or comms told them - especially if its a 3rd party paid by samsung .

Back
Top Bottom