** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Hi, I think my G7 32 inch has fault the right side of screen I see lines flicker when I have something bright open near that side I have attached Video of it , I have updated to latest Firmware from UK site I know korea has newer firmware but holding out just incase they say I shouldnt have updated from there , I also tried both display ports and tried different settings within the monitor itself

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx4a9skec207diq/VID_20200723_234701.mp4?dl=0

Thanks

Permabanned
I had flickering and also stuttering even in movies in VLC etc at any HZ but tonight I flashed the the Korean newer firmware and it seems to be gone though I did not see the range drop down from 60-240hz to 50-240hz in CRU like some claimed (I think the 32" G7 80-240 range was typo as the 27" G7 is 60-240).

Associate
However I am bit worried as I play a fair few fighting games. My son likes watching - just worried its too curved for that. I can see the advantages in racing games and fps the steeper curve though.

I wouldn't be worried I read that about 1000R curve and viewing angels too.
Was testing with MK11 fighter there I was presently surprised to be able to use this like a TV from 2-4 away I can see it all perfectly.
Only because an issue when I meters away to left or right, there no viewing or contrast issues its just the PHYSICAL part of that curve blocks what you can see.

Highly impressed, my started to get light bleed to left too, but its not noticeable and i am keeping it!

Soldato
I had flickering and also stuttering even in movies in VLC etc at any HZ but tonight I flashed the the Korean newer firmware and it seems to be gone though I did not see the range drop down from 60-240hz to 50-240hz in CRU like some claimed (I think the 32" G7 80-240 range was typo as the 27" G7 is 60-240).

Hi, was it the same flickering you see in the video I posted ? also wondering if I do flash the Korean firmware and doesnt fix will there be any issue when sending back for replacement ? because I didnt get it from the UK site

Permabanned
I seen your video and I did have some flickering all over the screen when I scrolled a webpage and a banner passed the middle of screen or moved a window up and down but something I did the other day seem to fix it and I assumed it was linked to Adaptive Sync or such.

I read they are same apart from Korea get the fixes first, it does not change your screens language, the person who posted that info has updated it with a changelog.

Remember your settings as your ideally supposed to do a reset and power off fully (pull the power plug) after a FW update.

Last edited:
Soldato
I seen your video and I did have some flickering all over the screen when I scrolled a webpage and a banner passed the middle of screen or moved a window up and down but something I did the other day seem to fix it and I assumed it was linked to Adaptive Sync or such

I read they are same apart from Korea get the fixes first, it does not change your screens language, the person who posted that info has updated it with a changelog.

Remember your settings as your ideally supposed to do a reset and power off fully (pull the power plug) after a FW update.

I have a 980ti plan to upgrade soon so gsync / adaptive isn't supported I just have it set to 144hz and tried all settings within the monitor

I did reset after I flashed the firmware from the UK site

I only get the flickering of white lines right side of monitor

Only other thing left to try is the newer firmware on the Korean site just worried if I have to return it and flashed the firmware from Korean site and not UK site

Last edited:
Permabanned
If its only one side it may be an issue, could be the backlight.

I would guess there will be a multi language FW with the same 6x build soon but imagine you would need one even newer with a 7x to flash it unless you can flash to an older build without any messing about.

Soldato
I'll just arrange to send back for replacement pretty sure it's faulty , also I noticed the back cover that covers the back stand had scratches on it but didn't complain about it

Soldato
Isn’t every monitor that has come out recently?
dunno I've only started looking for one last week lol. But there's plenty of videos now with flicker problems and horrible black light bleed.

I did have my eye on these but with that curve and the current problems don't want to have to deal with both. Especially since the 32/27 are priced at the higher end of the market.

Went for for the LG 850 but not sure how I will get on with IPS glow.

Associate
I wouldn't be worried I read that about 1000R curve and viewing angels too.
Was testing with MK11 fighter there I was presently surprised to be able to use this like a TV from 2-4 away I can see it all perfectly.
Only because an issue when I meters away to left or right, there no viewing or contrast issues its just the PHYSICAL part of that curve blocks what you can see.

Highly impressed, my started to get light bleed to left too, but its not noticeable and i am keeping it!

Nice - I am thinking of mounting the older one CRG9 to the wall and just having that for arcade fighters ! I would make a arcade cabinet but for obvious reasons I can't - the cabinet would be massive !

Last edited:
Associate
Hands down the worst monitor launch in the last few years. Issues galore, people complaining galore, from all websites, Add to that the premium pricing, at the top end of the market....

Seems to me it’s just Samsung being Samsung, trying to get by on its name.

1) Pi$$ poor quality control
2) Average quality
3) Samsung product
4) Sky high pricing

You might notice it’s a PASS from me :)

It really doesn’t look like a smart buy right now. Shame, such potential....

Last edited:
Associate
Hands down the worst monitor launch in the last few years. Issues galore, people complaining galore, from all websites, Add to that the premium pricing, at the top end of the market....

Seems to me it’s just Samsung being Samsung, tiring to get by on its name.

1) Pi$$ poor quality control
2) Average quality
3) Samsung product
4) Sky high pricing

You might notice it’s a PASS from me :)

It really doesn’t look like a smart buy right now. Shame, such potential....

I am tending to agree... most of these problems they could spot at the factory, as anyone with eyes can notice them. But they would rather send them out to customers and let them do the QC for them. Unfortunately we are all not on the Samsung payroll and do this at great annoyance and inconvenience to ourselves. Waste of everyones time and money.

Associate
I am tending to agree... most of these problems they could spot at the factory, as anyone with eyes can notice them. But they would rather send them out to customers and let them do the QC for them. Unfortunately we are all not on the Samsung payroll and do this at great annoyance and inconvenience to ourselves. Waste of everyones time and money.

Premium pricing for the pleasure!

Its not like Samsung don't have access to the same hardware and graphics cards we do, how can they miss these issues?, did some bloke named Dave pick one single unit out of 250'000, it worked OK so the other 249'999 got the QA PASS STAMP lol..

Associate
All these posts are worrying, seems I have the only perfect G9 in the world lol, but got me worried that something is going to break at some point, but for now, no flicker, no bad pixels, no bezel bleed, no bad light bleed, HDR in games that support looks awesome
Loving the much better blacks than my IPS acer monitor and love the 1000R curve
Udi g the 1005.3 fireware BTW.

So thumbs up to the G9 when it goes right lol

Keeping my, fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom