** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Sorry for the delay... but no, I just phoned up. Took a couple of goes as I think I woke the first guy up from his nap/smoking session. Second person said it was a goodwill gesture so no admission of wrongdoing. Seems fair enough to me though: you order a thing at price A, send it back because it is faulty for a replacement, you should get a replacement at price A.

If you haven't sorted it out yet the G93 is £1099 on the public/non-discounted store, £70 off that would get it pretty close to the £1023.

No probs, thanks for the reply. I managed to get a £100 voucher, which I used to get the G93 at the new reduced price, so ended up paying £880!
It's arriving today.

Associate
Does anyone else have any issues with the height adjustment on the G9? Mine doesn't seem to be able to hold the weight and will slowly fall down so I can't set it to the maximum height. If I swivel the monitor it seems to hold it in place and work properly, but not if it's straight.

Associate
Does anyone else have any issues with the height adjustment on the G9? Mine doesn't seem to be able to hold the weight and will slowly fall down so I can't set it to the maximum height. If I swivel the monitor it seems to hold it in place and work properly, but not if it's straight.

No issues with height adjustment here. Perhaps there is an adjustment bolt in the arm that is loose on yours?

Associate
Two odd things have been noted on FM 1008:

1) I was putting the G9 through its paces and found that occassionally the left half of my screen would dim. Sharp demarcation line down the middle of the screen. It was late at night and I didn't document the exact configurations/testing that produced it though, and I can't remember now! :(

2) Just now while trying to reproduce #1, I did various testing using my gaming rig (connected via display port). I couldn't get it to happen. I switched back to my laptop (HDMI). When I fired up 3DMark and attempted to run Night Raid - BLAMO!! Completely white screen!! My laptop screen was still functioning thankfully. I found no way to get the G9 back, so I did a graceful restart. G9 is functioning properly now.

I am about to try 3DMark again on laptop, this time without doing all of the reconfigurations of Adaptive Sync/refresh rate I had just done via the gaming rig testing. I will post up results.

Associate
I have definitively identified DisplayFusion as the cause of my G9 switching to a completely white screen when running a 3DMark benchmark from my laptop. I am running the 9.7.1 beta 6 to help them with testing, so I will report the issue to them.

I still have been unable to reproduce the left-half-dimmed issue. I saw that someone posted about using FM 1009, so I will apply that and see how it goes.

Associate
Guys I know this has been mentioned before but looking through the pages I cannot find it. I am just about to pull the trigger on the G9 but want to check if anyone has used it with a PS4 or PS5 and what it was like, is it acceptable ?. I really only play destiny 2

I don't play consoles, but assuming they have the ability to set their monitor resolution I would think you would be fine. There is no way they can drive the monitor at full resolution though.

More importantly, I think it would be a waste of money to get this monitor JUST for console gaming, even if you are planning on upgrading to Series X/PS5. Neither of those will come close to taking advantage of the features this monitor provides. There are MUCH cheaper and MUCH more appropriate monitors out there for a console gamer.

Just my partially-informed $0.02. YMMV

Associate
I don't play consoles, but assuming they have the ability to set their monitor resolution I would think you would be fine. There is no way they can drive the monitor at full resolution though.

More importantly, I think it would be a waste of money to get this monitor JUST for console gaming, even if you are planning on upgrading to Series X/PS5. Neither of those will come close to taking advantage of the features this monitor provides. There are MUCH cheaper and MUCH more appropriate monitors out there for a console gamer.

Just my partially-informed $0.02. YMMV

No it's for PC the console is just a side as I play destiny 2 with friends just wanted to make sure there were no problems with it

Associate
No it's for PC the console is just a side as I play destiny 2 with friends just wanted to make sure there were no problems with it
nice touch now is also the ability to run 2 inputs both at 120hz now would be handy if you wanted to use pc 1 side and consoles on the other though you are limited to 2560x1440 in this mode

Associate
Well got my 3 x 32inch G7s, set up my first one, seems to be a perfect panel, minimal back light bleed on a pitch black screen. No pixel defects at all, no scan lines and no flickering. Have not updated firmware yet as I believe if it ain't broke....

Edited to add: Panel is stunning, amazing colours, the curve feels great and immersive, it’s fine for browsing too, finally the 240hz is just like butter with the g sync.

Other 2 will be going back.

Last edited:

S2k

S2k

Associate
Received my 32” G7 this evening that I bought in the Black Friday sales and it’s only friggin faulty.. Anyone else had a heat related problem? Mine will work from cold fine for around 20mins and then the screen goes blank. (only LCD backlight is still visible) Unplug mains and leave for a couple mins to cool a little and it will work again for maybe 1 min. Luckily, they had another in stock and it will arrive in the next couple days. (Not sure where it’s from mind as they don’t have any stock on their UK site!)

Associate
Anyone having problems with the G9 not waking up from sleep mode like reported here?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...yssey-G9-will-not-wake-up/td-p/1432931/page/2

I'm having this issue since enabling HDR setting in Windows display settings. It's entirely reproducible - if it's switched off, no issue, with it on, it won't switch back on from sleep and I end up having to hard reset my PC..

The first question to any issue such as this is are you on the latest firmware, and/or did you go through a deliberate upgrade process while replicating the cause of the issue you are witnessing?

Associate
Well got my 3 x 32inch G7s, set up my first one, seems to be a perfect panel, minimal back light bleed on a pitch black screen. No pixel defects at all, no scan lines and no flickering. Have not updated firmware yet as I believe if it ain't broke....

Edited to add: Panel is stunning, amazing colours, the curve feels great and immersive, it’s fine for browsing too, finally the 240hz is just like butter with the g sync.

You got lucky dude congrats, buying in 3s is the only way with the G7s, crazy isn't it

Associate

Glad you got a good one, mine had 0 defective pixels and 0 light bleed but flicker was present. recent firmware update cured that. Awesome monitor!

Soldato
I think I got really lucky with my launch G7, no dead pixels, bleed is barely existent, the only issue was the flicker but that's gone since the latest firmware update, great monitor. Only paid £550 for my 32" panel at launch.

S2k

S2k

Associate
I think I got really lucky with my launch G7, no dead pixels, bleed is barely existent, the only issue was the flicker but that's gone since the latest firmware update, great monitor. Only paid £550 for my 32" panel at launch.

Sadly, for the 20 mins monitor number 1 worked it looked on basic inspection to be good for dead pixels and bleed. Monitor number 2 arrives this afternoon.. Fingers crossed it surpasses 20 minutes operation with all it’s pixels and no bleed!

I was also blown away by the Black Friday price reduction on this as I don’t think there are actually many around to sell. £499 for the 32” was a bargain as far as I’m concerned where I was going to buy one on Black Friday even if there was no reduction in price!

I think I had it in my basket and paid for about 30 seconds after midnight! :D

Associate

£550??? By here that was a steal!

Back
Top Bottom