** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Permabanned
This time its from Amazon for me (not stock last time), if its is as poor QA as the G7 32" it can go straight back with no hassle, not going through hassle and threats like last time with ******.

Associate
I had my heart set on, Acer Predator XB323U GX 32" IPS Panel 270hz

The only reason I held off from the Samsung is all the flickering problems people seem to be having, also not sure if I would like the curve?
I've got no flickering on mine. And the curve at, first was, like.. Oh.... But its really not that bad at all. Thing that bugs me is when in HDR mode via dp.. It'll go HDR on/off/off/on then stay on. But build and image quality is superb

Associate
Mine is also free of flickering and seemed to be a good one, none of the issues that I've read about...
That was until I noticed one dead / bright pixel about 6cm left of centre, only noticeable on dark images but once seen it cannot be unseen so it's gone back for a replacement.

It's a real shame as everything else was spot on and the monitor is a joy to use

Associate
Anyone gone from a regular 16:9 4K Monitor to one of these? I am concerned about the drop in image quality going from essentially 157 pixels per inch to 108. Any thoughts?

Edit: Primary usage will be gaming

Associate
I've had my G9 since just before Crimbo.

Came from 2 x 27" 1440p and I've never looked back, the G9 is totally amazing.

Had zero issues and 100% satisfaction.

It's bloody awesome.

Associate
You are right, (face palm) I currently have 2 AOC i2769vm 1080p 60hz 27 inch. Had a quite a few years now.

I don't know much about that screen, but (forgive me) it looks like a cheap 60Hz IPS. I'm pretty sure the G9 would absolutely blow you away by comparison. Plus you'd be going to a single screen, so other advantages there too, depending on what you use it for.
Not sure how that IPS is for colour coverage? That's the only possible advantage I can see that an IPS may have, but the G9 (QC quality issues aside) is a fantastic monitor in every respect.

Associate
I don't know much about that screen, but (forgive me) it looks like a cheap 60Hz IPS. I'm pretty sure the G9 would absolutely blow you away by comparison. Plus you'd be going to a single screen, so other advantages there too, depending on what you use it for.
Not sure how that IPS is for colour coverage? That's the only possible advantage I can see that an IPS may have, but the G9 (QC quality issues aside) is a fantastic monitor in every respect.

Hit the nail on the head lol they are cheap IPS 60hz monitor. As for colour I dont think my current monitors are great as they about nearly 5 years old I would say.

Caporegime
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/repairtech.co.uk

This company has been assigned for my repair by Samsung. Based on the reviews I don't feel very confident giving it to them.. anyone else had a g9 repair from this company?

I've just sent my Samsung monitor (not a G9) back due to a dark spot on the backlight slowly worsening. How did you get along? The trustpilot reviews are awful.

Associate
Samsung will finally release g7 flat version, the only thing that is missing to be perfect. The only thing that is bothering me is viewing angle, lets all hope Samsung will make it good.

Associate
So after sending my monitor off for repair almost a month ago now, they contacted me and said they're going to give me a replacement. They mentioned a week ago that they were having issues getting parts from Europe so I guess that's why. Not really sure if that's even a good thing since the new one will most likely have the same scanline issues.

I was expecting the entire process to take 2 weeks or so. They even said the exchange process will take another 7 to 14 days lol. They already have the monitor with their repair team, why can't they just send me a new one like I was purchasing it.

I think I've definitely wasted my time doing this, but who knows, maybe the new one won't have any issues. I'm definitely not optimistic about it though.

Associate
So after sending my monitor off for repair almost a month ago now, they contacted me and said they're going to give me a replacement. They mentioned a week ago that they were having issues getting parts from Europe so I guess that's why. Not really sure if that's even a good thing since the new one will most likely have the same scanline issues.

I was expecting the entire process to take 2 weeks or so. They even said the exchange process will take another 7 to 14 days lol. They already have the monitor with their repair team, why can't they just send me a new one like I was purchasing it.

I think I've definitely wasted my time doing this, but who knows, maybe the new one won't have any issues. I'm definitely not optimistic about it though.

That's a nightmare mate, my sympathies.
My last 'return' was literally 8 days, from me sending it back and getting a replacement, but that was within the 28 day return period, which is almost certainly a different process.

I think I might have said before, but IMO they all have the 'scanline issue'. For your sanity, the trick is in trying to be objective in what the monitor does and whether it's good value for money compared to the alternatives.
I've been down this path before (with televisions as well) and at the end of the day, despite what the internet and various impassioned individuals say, it's about what's acceptable to you.

Associate
That's a nightmare mate, my sympathies.
My last 'return' was literally 8 days, from me sending it back and getting a replacement, but that was within the 28 day return period, which is almost certainly a different process.

I think I might have said before, but IMO they all have the 'scanline issue'. For your sanity, the trick is in trying to be objective in what the monitor does and whether it's good value for money compared to the alternatives.
I've been down this path before (with televisions as well) and at the end of the day, despite what the internet and various impassioned individuals say, it's about what's acceptable to you.

Yeah, the only reason I sent it back was because someone else who did said their technicians said it was a mainboard issue. So I was hoping that they were aware of the issue and they'd replace the mainboard (but then it was damaged in transit which made the entire experience 10x worse). Unless they've started fixing it in newer builds, I'd assume my new one will have the same issue.

I definitely think the positives outweigh the negatives with the negatives with the G9. This was the one thing that really bugged me though. For gaming, it's fine since you can't see the scanlines during that. But for regular desktop use, I just always noticed them. I honestly do think mine were worse than most others though as I could even faintly see them at 120hz.

COVID and Brexit definitely haven't helped with the repair (at least that's why they said they were having issues getting the parts). It was definitely a wrong time to send the thing back lol. I'm curious if my warranty resets now that I'm getting a new one or if I keep my old warranty from November 2020.

I've been holding off playing certain games since I didn't want to play them on my old 4K 60hz monitor, so I'm just eager to get the thing back.

Associate

Dan, you might just get lucky with the way things have turned out.

I've read of a couple of cases now where people who had scan line issues and received a replacement unit (manufactured in Jan 2021 or later) have reported the issue resolved. Fingers crossed, it will turn out that way for you too.

Associate
Dan, you might just get lucky with the way things have turned out.

I've read of a couple of cases now where people who had scan line issues and received a replacement unit (manufactured in Jan 2021 or later) have reported the issue resolved. Fingers crossed, it will turn out that way for you too.

Well that's good that newer models have fixed the issue, hopefully that's the case with mine. I'll stay cautiously optimistic for now. Thanks for the info!

Suspended
Me to..thats what im waiting for and look for every day ..LOL!
4K is needed for that perfect 32 inch size. And the rest - MiniLED And REAL HDR. Sounds like my dream monitor and cant come soon enough!

And for couch pc gaming and movies I will buy the QN90A Tv. Oh man it will be frikking Perfect. Best Tv and Best Monitor

Back
Top Bottom