New Star Trek series - 2017

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't think it's the showrunners. They have changed a couple of times since series 1 of Discovery was first announced, and made a lot of changes.
The new culture of writers that perceive what is currently cool and relevant? These days it like checkboxes they like to hit and comes of forced into the script.

Maybe they should get Ira Steven Behr back.

Soldato
Discovery dug a hole by intentionally basing it on a non-likeable character with no power to do anything about it. It would be like basing the whole story of Voyager from the viewpoint of Tuvok. Mary-sue and Tilly is just the female version of Tuvok and Neelix.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Discovery dug a hole by intentionally basing it on a non-likeable character with no power to do anything about it. It would be like basing the whole story of Voyager from the viewpoint of Tuvok. Mary-sue and Tilly is just the female version of Tuvok and Neelix.

You must be taking the Michael. Tuvok and Neelix were much better characters :p:D

Good idea, get different writers to come up with new ideas but have someone experienced with Trek to guide it.

Yea, that would be good imo. I watched his DS9 documentary and his idea for an episode for a season 8 of DS9 sounds like a lot more fun to watch than anything from STD and STP.

Soldato
Cannot be excited by this. Another prequal, spearheaded again by Klutzman, who's going to screw it up because he screws everything up. It's a big ol' bag of MEH from me.
I don't honestly think he will have much say in the day to day goings on. He is becoming the head of a growing franchise and will surely not have the time to give his full attention to everything. He will probably put someone else in charge of it.

Soldato
I don't honestly think he will have much say in the day to day goings on. He is becoming the head of a growing franchise and will surely not have the time to give his full attention to everything. He will probably put someone else in charge of it.

Yeah good luck with that. What's the two things Discovery and Picard have in common, other than Trek itself of course, ? Plagiarism...and Kurtzman. If he has his greasy little fingers in the pies still, then i'm not enthused at all.

JRS

JRS

Soldato

Though there is no fixed date for the release yet, everyone is hoping that Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 will hit our screens sometime this year. The show will consist of 13 episodes.

Useful :p

This is why Season 3 will be so radically different. We know the characters. We know the ship. We don't know anything else. 930 years into the future is a huge jump. The context of Star Trek will have to be entirely redefined. It's an exciting prospect, because it's something Star Trek has never tried. For the first time since The Next Generation took the franchise a century into its own future, Discovery is now speculating on that same future, nine centuries later. What it looks like, is still, anybody's guess.

I wish that I could believe that this was going to be good. But two seasons of **** with one truly decent episode to show for it suggests that this writing and production team aren't up to the task :(

Caporegime
Does Kurtzman have some dirt on whoever's in charge of Star trek? Videoed him doing a Richard Gere with a Gerbil or something? He seems to somehow be involved with everything Star Trek for some reason and he only every produces "average to meh".

Back
Top Bottom