New Star Trek series - 2017

Associate
Depends which hate you're on about.

If you're on about the wanging on regarding wokeness and the 'LGBTQ++++?!# agenda' and pronouns and how there aren't enough straight white male characters on the bridge then yeah, that's absolutely unwarranted. If you're on about the strangled screaming regarding plot non-twists and the continuity issues and the absurdly high MCU-level stakes and the bat **** insanity that lies in trying to fit the USS Discoball interior to the exterior...
Yes true it is confussed, but its had its moments.

Associate
Last season of Discovery apparently, haven't they **** on Star Trek canon/lore enough already? Just let it die.

Best to just deny this abomination even exists.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a fondness for the first season of Discovery, I think because I was so hyped for a new Star Trek series. I managed to maintain positivity all the way through the second season but I cracked in the third and gave up on it in the fourth. The ever escalating stakes, most episodes ending with Burnham saving the day, the awful "witty" dialogue, and all of the heavy breathing and crying just ruined things for me.

Soldato
I tried to re watch the last season as I had most forgotten what happened. I think I know why now, it's so god damn forgettable...

Nothing actually happens for vast parts of each episode. It's almost 75% whispering about feelings and emotions, so much so that if you skip over it, then an episode lasts about 15mins.. Sadly in those 15 mins somehow the action is all about connections and feelings as well.

I managed to rewatch the whole season in about 4hrs, which I largely regret.

I am probably being a bit harsh here, but I think this is the worst written TV show I ever watched, and I don't mean because it's includes subject matter that is devisive, it's just absolute drivel, Burnham is probably the most annoy character that's ever existed because she's dues ex machina personified and an awful actress.

I'm not gona subject myself to a 5th season.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRS
Caporegime
Wonder what this season is gonna be about? Yet another galaxy ending threat maybe? I lost interest around season 3, then watched snippets on YouTube, one of which was of the ship and its detachable nacelles, asked WTF and never watched another moment.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Wonder ahat this season is gonna be about? Yet another galaxy ending threat maybe? I lost interest around season 3, then watched snippets on YouTube, one of which was of the ship and its detachable nacelles, asked WTF and never watched another moment.

Memory Alpha said:
The fifth and final season will find Captain Burnham and the crew of the U.S.S. Discovery uncovering a mystery that will send them on an epic adventure across the galaxy to find an ancient power whose very existence has been deliberately hidden for centuries. But there are others on the hunt as well … dangerous foes who are desperate to claim the prize for themselves and will stop at nothing to get it.

lr5dNwQ.gif

Soldato
Wonder what this season is gonna be about? Yet another galaxy ending threat maybe? I lost interest around season 3, then watched snippets on YouTube, one of which was of the ship and its detachable nacelles, asked WTF and never watched another moment.
That was a new feature of the ship after it got refitted in the future.

Soldato
Should have brought it out April first since it's such a joke. Some brilliant shows like The Expanse couldn't get funding but this crap fest manages 5 seasons. Incredible.

The new film they will be excreting is about Section 31. Interesting take on this and makes a lot of good points:

This is looking like more Discovery type rubbish. We want more Trek by Terry Matalas. I thought the last series of Picard was the way they would be going forward but it seems to not be the case.

Back
Top Bottom