New system for my lad

What PSU did you go for?

The 40 series has a different connecter to previous GPUs, where has before they used 2 x 8 pins or more the new ones have 1 connecter.

Have you checked the gpu box for an adaptor? my 4070Ti came with 1 that allowed me to convert 2 x 8 pin in to 1 x 40 series connecter
Posted below , ASUs tug gaming 850 gold

Re the big ATX POWER SUPPLY , would I need to power this and the cpu port as marked in attached image ?

I’ve apparently reached the new user daily limit , not sure if it will work yet, but BIG THANKS to Gray and Ben and threepwood , tetras and Freddie . Basically all of you that have helped me .

Last edited:
would I need to power this and the cpu port as marked in attached image ?
I'd just do all of them if you have the connectors available, but of the connectors in the top left, you MUST have the EPS12v 8-pin (you can usually make an additional 4 pin by splitting an 8 pin in half). The 20/24 pin is also required.

It looks like you're still using the adapter for the graphics card, it doesn't really matter (I wouldn't bother untangling everything), but you didn't need to do that.

Nice lookin' build though, by the way :D
Oh , I see both yourself and Freddie have mentioned this , it is a bit cumbersome , but I did not see a matching cable , but will check that tomorrow , as would be better if I did not need that.

Well got the usb boot ready, so will probably try and fire it up tomorrow . Once I have it set up in the wee ones room .

Don't use the adapter cable that came with the GPU. You have a dedicated cable that comes with the PSU, as seen in this video and will be so much neater.

So remove this and there is a corresponding cable in the 850 kit already ? Ok will look again tomorrow when time permits , as would be nicer without that large splitter type cable

So remove this and there is a corresponding cable in the 850 kit already ? Ok will look again tomorrow when time permits , as would be nicer without that large splitter type cable
Oh and also , if anyone has this board , what is the enter bios command on boot , it has been a while ,

My wife had to goto the shop yesterday , and get me a crappy integral usb key , for window boot to load onto , hoping it all works now .

Any recommendations on what led light controller system to use , ie mystic etc ?

Well just came home and switched it on, nothing has really lit up yet apart from the mother board light which is slowly pulsing , no fan spin yet no fan light ?

Appreciate you said it might take a while to come to life gray , so sitting watching

Ram has not even lit up , suspecting power to mb is not right ?
Did anything happen at all when you pressed the power button?

You might want to run a finger nail around the point that the power connectors connect to the plugs (after you cut the power to the PC, obviously), sometimes they're just not quite seated, especially around the point the 4 pins of the 24 pin split off.

Back
Top Bottom