• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New toy incoming

Man of Honour
OP
What speed are your pumps set to?

My hearing is not very sensitive so I have them on max (5).

Having said that in a system with high flow rates like my GTX 690 system where all it has to do is cool the CPU, this maybe is a mistake. The reason I say this is the pumps really thrash the water around the system and aerate it which in turn I suspect can lead to things growing and discolouring the tubing.

Soldato
My hearing is not very sensitive so I have them on max (5).

Having said that in a system with high flow rates like my GTX 690 system where all it has to do is cool the CPU, this maybe is a mistake. The reason I say this is the pumps really thrash the water around the system and aerate it which in turn I suspect can lead to things growing and discolouring the tubing.

Permabanned
The Little Devil cases are nice with room for 3 x 480mm rads plus some smaller ones.

Yeah there ok but you have increased ambient heat because of there design. The caselabs have a pedestal which keeps this to a minimum. I used to have an M10 but i sold it to put a 900D in its place. I still think Caselabs are the best though.
You dont need a Dual loop guys there is no difference in temps. Also with regard to the d5 pumps, get this reservoir because it can fit 2xMCP 655 pumps to this so even the most restrictive loop(s) will not have any problems with regards to head pressure because of the custom waterblocks that can cause slight decrease in head pressure.The beauty of this reservoir is that it dont need a pump top to increase head pressure because once the plastic housing that comes with D5's/MCP655's as stock is removed from the pumps,the output is immediately forced through a 90-degree bend. When you mount the pumps to the koolance bay res the bay also acts as pump top.
http://koolance.com/rp-452x2-dual-5-25in-reservoir-for-1-2-pmp-450-s-pumps

This is how i had my Caselabs m10 setup and plan to do the same in the 900D.

Last edited:
Permabanned
What ambient heat, my LD V8 system runs only two or three degrees above room temp on the GPUs.:D

There is more Ambient heat in the LD more than the Caselabs because of the separation of radiators and psu's. Thats got nothing to do with your personal temps. Also you can put 3 psus in it all completely hidden from view like behind the mobo tray and in the pedestal and more importantly in parts of the case where heat is kept to a minimum. Its a nice case but there are better cases in my opinion. Its very bland looking case for one, but again that is my opinion, just like your opinion favours the LD.

The 900D spanks it in my opinion for looks and also what its capable of especially for the price. The LD your just paying for the name.Atleast with Caselabs you pay a high price but you get the best regarding case design and cooling functionality. Aslong as YOU are happy with your LD, then none of this matters at all.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Tri SLI Titans are quite happy to run on a single Corsair 1200i PSU, unfortunately 3 x 290Xs had no problem bringing the same PSU to it's knees.:D

I will probably run two cards off of each PSU.

I will be starting one when I get going.:)

Superflower 1200w 3 x 290x (1200\1600) and 6.2 CPU fine!!! Corsair need to bring back the AX in its none digital form.

Permabanned
Superflower 1200w 3 x 290x (1200\1600) and 6.2 CPU fine!!! Corsair need to bring back the AX in its none digital form.

Yeap the original 1200AX is better than the 1200i, i remember reading it somewhere that extreme overclockers prefer the 1200AX cause the 1200i basically aint as good. I cant remember where i read it but i did read it somewhere. A classic case of "Just because something is newer in design, does not necessarily mean its better" although most of the time it is;)

Man of Honour
OP
There is more Ambient heat in the LD more than the Caselabs because of the separation of radiators. Thats got nothing to do with your personal temps. Also you can put 3 psus in it all completely hidden from view like behind the mobo tray and in the pedestal and more importantly in parts of the case where heat is kept to a minimum. Its a nice case but there are better cases in my opinion. Its very bland looking case for one, but again that is my opinion, just like your opinion favours the LD.

The 900D spanks it in my opinion for looks and also what its capable of especially for the price. The LD your just paying for the name. Aslong as YOU are happy with it, then it dont matter.

I think you need to take another look at the LD cases, the rads are separated unless you count the one in the top of the case and that does not count as it is blowing the heat out the top of the case.:D

I also don't have a problem with the 900D, I own one.:D:)

Soldato
Go for the superflower 1200w platinum's 8 Pack mentioned, read a few reviews as well as what Gibbo has had to say about them, absolutely flawless and basically may as well be rated as 1500w Golds. Certain to be my next PSU anyhow :)

Mei

Mei

Soldato
they are great not seen them used much in the uk
coolermaster vanguard i can recommend too but they not as huge powah :p
but nice in a small case

Back
Top Bottom