• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New toy incoming

Man of Honour
OP
Go for the superflower 1200w platinum's 8 Pack mentioned, read a few reviews as well as what Gibbo has had to say about them, absolutely flawless and basically may as well be rated as 1500w Golds. Certain to be my next PSU anyhow :)

Just had a look, I will see how I get on with the 1200i's but if I get problems I will probably give the Superflower 1200's a go.

Soldato
If 8pack can run 3 290Xs and a 5.6 CPU on a 1200W can I run 2 290Ps @ 1200/1500 +150mv with a 2600K @4.7 1.48v on a Seasonic X-Series 850W? Maybe I don't need to upgrade after all?

Permabanned
I think you need to take another look at the LD cases, the rads are separated unless you count the one in the top of the case and that does not count as it is blowing the heat out the top of the case.:D

I also don't have a problem with the 900D, I own one.:D:)

You have a 900D also. Ah well no cookies for you then;)

Soldato
I'm torn between the Merlin case and the 900D

DSC_4773__13549.1355698467.1000.1000.JPG

Last edited:
Soldato
What I love about the Merlin is the modularity. I'm guessing you have to buy the extra top/bottom panels for different rads though (3x140, 4x120).

Soldato
Yeah I was tinkering with the site yesterday after coming in here, there are several customisations you can make.

Merlin ST10 Case
Case ​Color​: Prime​r Gra​y (no​t cos​metic​ 1-2 ​days ​extra​ for ​pr...
Orien​tatio​n: Stand​ard
ST10 ​MB do​or op​tions​: Std W​indow​ - Gr​ay
Cable​ Side​ Door​: Venti​lated
Top C​over: Venti​lated​ (Std​)
Top C​hassi​s Mou​nt: 140.3​ Radi​ator ​Mount
Botto​m Cha​ssis ​Mount​: 140.3​ Radi​ator ​Mount
PCI B​ackpl​ate: Hex M​esh
Power​ and ​Reset​ Swit​ch: Stand​ard P​ower/​Reset​ Swit​ches ​with ​Sleev​ed Ca​bles
I/O P​anel: USB 3​.0/HD​ Audi​o ($2​5.00)
Flex-​Bay C​overs​: Solid

Soldato
Caselabs aren't priced that bad either, its just the £100+ for shipping and duty that puts me off. They'd make a killing if they set up an office in Europe.

Though if the funds are there I agree with whyscotty, caselabs over a 900d every time.

Soldato
It says call for shipping, so if it is £100 that's not so bad I suppose. Cost me 70 odd quid to send a 5kg box over there recently.

That's easy - Caselabs everytime.

The amount of money I've wasted, should have just bought a Caselab and had done with it :(

Yeah, and in all honesty although the 900D is the better case over my Elysium I've just kept looking at it thinking it doesn't offer much more really.

Anyway, derailment high jacking thrown into one lol. Sorry Kaap

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
You have a 900D also. Ah well no cookies for you then;)

I did have a look at the MAGNUM STH10 which is more or less the same as the LD V8. The one thing that does stand out about the MAGNUM STH10 is it does not use screws to attach the panels. With the LD V8 it is a bit of a nightmare attaching the side panels as you have to deal with 42 screws.:eek:

Soldato
MAGNUM STH10
Case ​Color​: Prime​r Gra​y (no​t cos​metic​ 1-2 ​days ​extra​ for ​pr...
Form ​Facto​r: XL-AT​X
ATX L​ayout​: Stand​ard
MB Do​or: XL Wi​ndow ​(20.0​0)
Windo​w Col​or: Gray
Top C​over: Solid
Upper​ Cham​ber C​overs​: Venti​lated
Lower​ Cham​ber C​overs​: Venti​lated
PCI B​ackpl​ate: Fan H​oles
Power​ and ​Reset​ Swit​ch: Stand​ard P​ower/​Reset​ Swit​ches ​with ​Sleev​ed Ca​bles
Flex-​Bay c​overs​: Venti​lated​ ($12​.00)
mmm...

bru

bru

Soldato
Not wanting to be a spoil sport or anything, but why was this posted in the graphics card section when it is clearly about a new motherboard?

I get the feeling that if anyone else had posted it, it would have been moved straight away.

Man of Honour
OP
Not wanting to be a spoil sport or anything, but why was this posted in the graphics card section when it is clearly about a new motherboard?

I get the feeling that if anyone else had posted it, it would have been moved straight away.

It is not really about a mobo, it more to do with my 290Xs and when I am going to have the four of them up and running. The only reason I posted it here is because I have been asked the question a number of times.

I will be doing a build thread but that will definitely not be posted here.

Back
Top Bottom