New Warcraft Guild for OcUK

Soldato
Any and all content.

I am currently running all the older stuff for Transmog gear, achievements, Mounts and Pets (BWL, Tempest Keep, Black Temple, Maggy, Grull, Sunwell, NAXX, ICC (with help), Ulduar (with help), OS+3) but as of yet have not started on cata raids as I need more people and healers

Associate
Really didn't like priest healing so I've started playing my paladin again.

Currently just gearing him up to an acceptable level, at which point I'll transfer him over to CoA. Can hopefully give you guys a hand healing then later this week

Soldato
I am currently leveling a Warlock (74 I believe) and a shaman (30) so will be able to come raid as Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS or healer lol.... I will also be starting a Druid once my shammy is 90 although I have not touched my shammy in some weeks, Although think I have a Druid that is 82 that I may transfer over and start leveling it as a healer

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have my original Orc Hunter on Argent dawn he's at 85 and just started the MoP quests. He was stripped naked ages ago as I never used him and so is now geared in MoP greens from the AH. I may consider bringing him over at some point.

The thing is I have NO idea how to play the hunter anymore. When I logged on him lots had changed from the last time I played with him.

Associate
Nearly finished my Sigil grind on my priest and onto Runestones stages of legendary quest with my warrior so hopefully get that done in the next week or 2.

Slowly gearing my priest in ToT and SoO LFR. Up to ilvl 510 now with her for Disc healing.

Woogie has me on BattleTag so if you need a body for raiding let me know. Cleared all parts with warrior and all but part 4 with my priest. Would have done it last night but got to Garrosh and had no tanks left.

Associate
I've been mulling it over and im going to resub and join you guys :)

I was thinking of joining crossrealm but im not sure how well that feature works, do you think i would best just making/moving a character to CoA?

Soldato
Really didn't like priest healing so I've started playing my paladin again.

Currently just gearing him up to an acceptable level, at which point I'll transfer him over to CoA. Can hopefully give you guys a hand healing then later this week

Priest healing is the only one I can get on with really, levelled a shaman up at the start of Mop and did the whole lfr thing through SoO and found the healing really dull. Played a Holy paladin through LK and a Resto druid in Cata for the brief time I was in, but always come back to the priest. Were you Disc or Holy?

I do need to pull my finger out and level up my priest in the guild (Lyrehs), just been pulled to my DK recently doing Operation Shieldwall rep grind and working on Shadowmourn..

Associate
Priest healing is the only one I can get on with really, levelled a shaman up at the start of Mop and did the whole lfr thing through SoO and found the healing really dull. Played a Holy paladin through LK and a Resto druid in Cata for the brief time I was in, but always come back to the priest. Were you Disc or Holy?

I do need to pull my finger out and level up my priest in the guild (Lyrehs), just been pulled to my DK recently doing Operation Shieldwall rep grind and working on Shadowmourn..

I used disc for leveling and played with both disc and holy at cap.

I find healing dungeons no problem, it's quite fun as priest. But I just couldn't be competitive in lfr healing (even when taking into account the gear disadvantage).

I will probably revisit it, but I'm liking the paladin so I'll stick with it for the moment so I can help contribute towards some raiding.

Soldato
Strange, back when I was raiding on my sham if we went with a 2 heal set up our disc priest outhealed everyone by a massive margin (and by massive I mean nearly 40-50% of the healing done, then who ever else was healing woud be in at 25-30% with the tanks and other bits and bobs making up the difference). The thing was he still pumped those numbers with a 3 heal set up.

Maybe they have finally been nerfed at cap, God knows they needed it.

Last edited:
Associate
Playing Disc after raiding holy in TBC and the hardest thing I find is the concept of atonement healing. Disc is such a non-reactive build you need to know the encounters to pre-shield with Spirit Shell and PoH plus using your holy fire, smith and penance aggressively to smart heal. When I started I was awful as it just felt so wrong. Which T6 talent did you use? I tend to find Cascade is the better option. Either dropping it on the raid for heals or event better on the mobs for AoE damage whilst still spamming your PoH, Penance and dmg spells.

Associate
Strange, back when I was raiding on my sham if we went with a 2 heal set up our disc priest outhealed everyone by a massive margin (and by massive I mean nearly 40-50% of the healing done, then who ever else was healing woud be in at 25-30% with the tanks and other bits and bobs making up the difference). The thing was he still pumped those numbers with a 3 heal set up.

Maybe they have finally been nerfed at cap, God knows they needed it.

Priests are still healing machines, I just don't have the skill / mindset to optimize my priests capabilities at the moment.

I'm still in the WotLK mindset of holydin healing. Reactive healing with massive heals

Playing Disc after raiding holy in TBC and the hardest thing I find is the concept of atonement healing. Disc is such a non-reactive build you need to know the encounters to pre-shield with Spirit Shell and PoH plus using your holy fire, smith and penance aggressively to smart heal. When I started I was awful as it just felt so wrong. Which T6 talent did you use? I tend to find Cascade is the better option. Either dropping it on the raid for heals or event better on the mobs for AoE damage whilst still spamming your PoH, Penance and dmg spells.

I was using cascade for fights with people spread out & the 'other one' can't remember the name, for when people were stacked.
It feels massively wrong to be smiting mobs and pre shielding people to me. Still hasn't quite sunk in

Soldato
OP
I have a new recruit joined to day. He saw the thread on the wow forums. Hes Turkish and has been playing for 3 months. He was in Eat my Crit which is a perk guild and he has only done LFR, hes pretty well geared compared to most of us :p. He speaks good english but not heard him yet talk. He is polite and seems eager too. I told him about our epic attempt last night :) and also mentioned be patient with us. I think he will be ok. I did mention LFR are easy compared to normal and flex. Those he has not done yet. He has SoO completed many a time in LFR.

Here he is

Back
Top Bottom