New water build for 1080ti

Permabanned
I'm using Varder F4-120ER's in my build 5 of them in fact. They work brilliantly for me right now they are spinning at 420rpm and are inaudible, they start to get noisy once upto 1000-1200 rpm but you shouldn't really need to run them that high.

Good fans for a good price.

Associate
I hated the ML's with a passion, over priced and absolutely useless at low rpm, as the fan no longer "Floats" and starts to make horrible noises.
Your mileage may vary.
Overpriced for £12.5? Even vardar, which was always recommended as cheap option, are more expensive (and to me louder). I didn't notice any noises even while running at 480 and using pwm.

Permabanned
I think he's referring to the single fan pro version which are £20 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...remium-magnetic-levitation-fan-fg-052-cs.html

Your referring to the dual pack premium what ever that means. You can buy a 3 pack of Vardars for £12.30 each so not much in it really. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thre...locks-ek-vardar-f4-120-2200rpm-bu-004-ek.html
Either way they are both decent choices with similar specs and perform give or take the same. Fan choice is subjective. I have EK's I'm happy with them and wouldn't change them for ML's. Maybe If I was to buy again but to be honest the only reason I'd replace is if they were broken or if I was moving up to 140's.

Associate
Sorry should have been more specific, yeah the pro version, comes with little blobs of rubber to remove vibration supposedly (didn't work for me)
I found at low rpm they slightly grinded and the noise instantly went into my case which was horrible :(
I'm actually a noise blocker fan .. but then .. they aint cheap either.

Horses for courses !

Associate
OP
Thanks for everyone's input. I went for the EK fans at the end as it the same that goes with the kit so i guess I'll keep them consistent. I'll start building Saturday.. god help me

Associate
Hi. I've been following this discussion with interest. I want to do the same but my case will not accommodate the big radiator. It will take 2 240 radiators internally with no problems. Will this suffice for cooling the CPU and a 1080ti? Oh and I think I can mount another 240 rad on top of the case too. Cheers.

Associate
OP
ok so i thought id show you the final thing (still need to add come coloured cables, etc)

im quite pleased! needed less to say i ran into about 200 problems and a lot of late nights... i actually did it twice! anyhow, temps are all good, no leaks.. and i added a drain valve!! big mistake i left out on first attempt

pc.jpg

Associate
OP
CPU is about 26 to 30 on normal usage. In games goes up to 40 /45 max

The 1080 ti is 20 - 22 generic usage. In games max I've seen it is 38 after few hours gaming.

Associate
Nice temps:)

Within my first 3 months I drained my loop like 5 times as constantly got different ideas...change the bent, add fitting, put radiator other way round etc.

Just observe if there is no gunk floating in the loop (as everything is new).

Associate
OP
Did you have a drain valve? Or you literally pulled everything out. It's so time consuming. I'm so tempted to use pastel but i see how filthy that makes your system so i left it for now

Back
Top Bottom