New World MMO

Soldato
I wish it was like Daoc, I really really wish it was like Daoc. But sadly, it was not to be.

nothing will be tbh, although depending on the community NW might still be fun. SAIC pvp took a while to tweak, it was pretty dire in alpha/beta and only really flourished months after release in the USA.

not sure the devs will listen or have the flexibility to make the changes necessary though, doubtful.

Associate
Played an hour, got to level 5 and will leave it there.

Had fun, will keep my preorder but don't wanna get too far to have to do it all again.

Hope to get to play with an ocuk NW guild.

Soldato
Played 3 hours of the beta and gotta say this really isn't for me.
What about it isn't for you? I'm curious as I'm interested but haven't played it yet.
Fair point, I am tempted to go back to it but I wanna experience all the stuff fresh if that makes sense? Probably puts me at a disadvantage come release though.
I think it's a sensible approach if you are in it for enjoyment.

Associate
What about it isn't for you? I'm curious as I'm interested but haven't played it yet.
The combat is pretty poor and the quests uninteresting
I can see that the game is banking on things like the economy and territory control systems being the main draws, but those just aren't things I care about. Who knows, perhaps it gets better after the first few hours but I can't be bothered to slog through it

Man of Honour
territory control systems being the main draws

Regarding the PvP, I've said this a few times in various places, they really need to make seperate PvP servers where the PvP flag is always on when you are outside of towns because right now I can already predict what will happen, the same thing we have seen in other MMOs with a flagging mechanic, once the players keep getting ganked repeatedly (or they become the lesser faction overall) they will simply stop flagging for PvP and the amount of PvP happening will diminish, which will then cause those seeking PvP to become bored and move on. Its what we saw once Ultima Online added in a land where you could avoid the PvP, players just went there instead of the PvP areas, you only have to compare the world pvp on something like WoW on servers where you can flag the pvp off in comparison to servers where you are always flagged. There will obviously be exceptions to that, people who run with the pvp flag on all the time but if past MMO history is anything to go by I can foresee the majority of players simply leaving the flag off so that they dont have the "hassle" of being ganked, a generalisation maybe but wolves tend to like to hunt sheep not other wolves. We'll see what happens but I'm not convinced that it will deliver the PvP experience that many want, unless they add in no-flag pvp servers. Its just that in my experiences if you give people a way to avoid PvP, the majority will elect to avoid it, at least until they outnumber the enemy at which point they all suddenly turn on their pvp flags :D

once the players keep getting ganked repeatedly (or they become the lesser faction overall) they will simply stop flagging for PvP and the amount of PvP happening will diminish, which will then cause those seeking PvP to become bored and move on.
Already happened to me.

I leave the town and 20 seconds later someone wants to fight for no reason. Happened 5 times in a row that I have disabled it now.

I just want to kill some turkey and some 25+ level player kills me before I even have a chance.

Why I don't get it. I don't get extra xp while I'm flagged, at least that might encourage me. Extra 10 percent xp for all tasks while pvp enabled. But nothing so it's gone odd

Associate
Already happened to me.

I leave the town and 20 seconds later someone wants to fight for no reason. Happened 5 times in a row that I have disabled it now.

I just want to kill some turkey and some 25+ level player kills me before I even have a chance.

Why I don't get it. I don't get extra xp while I'm flagged, at least that might encourage me. Extra 10 percent xp for all tasks while pvp enabled. But nothing so it's gone odd
Plenty of players just attack you on sight as well. I wasn't even flagged and everyone I passed started trying to burst me down

Back
Top Bottom