New World MMO

Man of Honour
Been sitting in the queue for an hour and still 1700 people in front of me

It sickens the hell out of me that time and time again MMOs underestimate demand, I mean they must have sale data/beta account data, so they must have a pretty accurate figure on how many people will be logging in, so why on Earth dont they stop trying to cut costs and ensure that there are enough servers for everyone to get on in a reasonable timeframe. See this happen all the time. There really is no excuse for it in 2021, this isnt a new genre with no forerunners to take examples from.

Associate
It sickens the hell out of me that time and time again MMOs underestimate demand, I mean they must have sale data/beta account data, so they must have a pretty accurate figure on how many people will be logging in, so why on Earth dont they stop trying to cut costs and ensure that there are enough servers for everyone to get on in a reasonable timeframe. See this happen all the time. There really is no excuse for it in 2021, this isnt a new genre with no forerunners to take examples from.

I agree. the only thing i can think of is they want to stress test the servers to the max.

Man of Honour
I agree. the only thing i can think of is they want to stress test the servers to the max.

They should communicate that then, announce in advance that the 20th July is a stress test day. Whats happening at the moment just seems like a complete lack of foresight and planning, which isnt the ideal first impression to give.

How can they predict that 9k sales means 9k will login exactly the minute it goes live?

Maybe they expected 4k now, more in a few hours, but by then 3k have dropped off.

Man of Honour
Seems that a lot of people are getting permanent ban messages and being kicked off now, has happened to a few streamers (Burke , Sacriel etc)

Man of Honour
How can they predict that 9k sales means 9k will login exactly the minute it goes live?

Maybe they expected 4k now, more in a few hours, but by then 3k have dropped off.

Because its obvious, because its happened in most MMOs on day one, like I say, its not like this is new ground , they have loads of previous examples to guide them and its frankly irrelevant how many they think might log in, if they have , to use your example, 9k accounts , then have enough servers available to handle 9k accounts. Its not like the company is strapped for cash.

Man of Honour
Server infrastructure is almost always based on what they predict the concurrent player count will be after things have settled down and not on launch day highs

Exactly my point and thus we repeat this cycle every MMO release. Why not, just for once, especially when your company has the sorts of finances of Amazon behind it, break the cycle and get some good press on day one rather than negative press?

I mean how many players can the game handle at once on a server, is it still only 500? Or has that increased since last time?

Caporegime
Seems that a lot of people are getting permanent ban messages and being kicked off now, has happened to a few streamers (Burke , Sacriel etc)
seems burke was getting people to send gold so they could buy land.

maybe some algorithm flagged it as a gold seller/buyer

Man of Honour
just look at a US server...some of them have pings of less than 60 and queue wait times are <10 minutes. Its just a Beta

Could be fewer people logging on in the US, still at work I imagine, still midday-early afternoon there. I imagine that accounts for some of it, will be interesting to see how their queues are at around midnight tonight once they've finished work for the day.

Soldato
Could be fewer people logging on in the US, still at work I imagine, still midday-early afternoon there. I imagine that accounts for some of it, will be interesting to see how their queues are at around midnight tonight once they've finished work for the day.

True. Just putting it out there. I joined a useast server with a few of my twitch followers, had logged in under 10 minutes, had low ping and buttery smooth experience, no lag rubber banding nothing.

Gotta say also, this game is great, lots of potential, so much to unlock it would seem, had a great time. Although, anyone else tried to verify their twitch account through the game to get the bonuses? It kept saying unable to link, wasn't logged into twitch which I clearly was as I was streaming.

Gotta say also, this game is great, lots of potential, so much to unlock it would seem, had a great time. Although, anyone else tried to verify their twitch account through the game to get the bonuses? It kept saying unable to link, wasn't logged into twitch which I clearly was as I was streaming.

wasn't working for me either.

also congrats on the baby announcement :)

Man of Honour
This game is awesome

Can you elaborate more for those who arent in the beta? Is it the graphics, the audio, the quests, the combat, the crafting system, the loot, the co-operative group play, the pvp, the guild mechanics, character customisation, the combat skills/abilities etc, a brief rundown on what you are finding awesome for those who are maybe curious about the game and sitting on the fence.

Back
Top Bottom