What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Soldato
Can only think of one thing, which I still cannot explain.

A few years ago, I had a bit of a mini breakdown (or meltdown of sorts), and jacked in IT work, took a few months off to pick myself back up - got prescribed medication to help, but I was adamant I'd not take it.

Anyway, whilst down in the dumps and funds rapidly running out, my Wife found me some part time work at a large wine retailer - it was initially 4 weeks of store/van driving work, but was utterly brilliant work. It turned into 4 months of employment, and them wishing to keep me on and put me through the management program - sadly, by motorcycle crash damaged body found the long shifts pretty hard, and I was on painkillers often (not good in a wine shop!).

Anyway, several months into the work, I was happily stocking up the pallets in store - it was just me and the manager in at the time, so we were both working at the back end of the store. A customer came in, so the manager went up to the other end of the store; I didn't know that at the time - as I asked "where shall I put these?", only to get a very clear and close by "I'm not sure"... I looked up to see that the manager was right at the other end of the store, chatting away to the new customer!

It was probably the only time in my life, where I have been stumped on how to explain it - unless the manager was a ventriloquist and could throw her voice that is.

Soldato
Can only think of one thing, which I still cannot explain.

A few years ago, I had a bit of a mini breakdown (or meltdown of sorts), and jacked in IT work, took a few months off to pick myself back up - got prescribed medication to help, but I was adamant I'd not take it.

Anyway, whilst down in the dumps and funds rapidly running out, my Wife found me some part time work at a large wine retailer - it was initially 4 weeks of store/van driving work, but was utterly brilliant work. It turned into 4 months of employment, and them wishing to keep me on and put me through the management program - sadly, by motorcycle crash damaged body found the long shifts pretty hard, and I was on painkillers often (not good in a wine shop!).

Anyway, several months into the work, I was happily stocking up the pallets in store - it was just me and the manager in at the time, so we were both working at the back end of the store. A customer came in, so the manager went up to the other end of the store; I didn't know that at the time - as I asked "where shall I put these?", only to get a very clear and close by "I'm not sure"... I looked up to see that the manager was right at the other end of the store, chatting away to the new customer!

It was probably the only time in my life, where I have been stumped on how to explain it - unless the manager was a ventriloquist and could throw her voice that is.

Tbh shortly after a breakdown and whilst on painkillers I'd say that was a trick of the mind.

Associate
Will try not to bore you all and keep it short.

To Give some background.

My Mobile phone has been broken for the last few weeks and i can't afford a new one or repairs at the moment. It's been very Irritating to say the least.
I've been setting my alarm on my computer through my speakers, using windows 10.

This morning i woke up to what i assumed was the new alarm going off every few seconds, i set alarm again last night before crashing out and it sounded different from previous ones but didnt think anything of it.
I got up and went for a **** whilst i was ******* it was picking up speed and going off quicker a bunch of times so it was pretty rapid.
I walked back to my computer across from my bed the monitors still on when i crashed out.
My desktop background showed 5.24ish which really confused me as i set my alarm for 8 so assumed i had set it up wrong.

I looked down at my desk and realized sound was coming from the hand wireless handpiece for the house phone from downstairs it was faced up the screen light on.

It was ****** dialing 66666666666666666666 and stopped when i picked it up, i pressed a button and looked at it and it dialled 6 once more and stopped.
Im shivering thinking about it.

Not religious nor do i believe in god (im open to anything) but i know the significance of 666 and this ****** me up. It's only been like 45 mins, not had too many creepy things happen to me i thought i'd share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Nothing that i can think of happened to me but i can tell you one which happened to my mum many many years ago.

a friend bought an Ouija board to her house..... they were playing with it as teenagers do and got the usual messages which are you assume at the time kids messing around......
one message was I watch you whilst you sleep and other stuff like that... just teen age pranks...

a short while later they moved out and new owners moved in and did some remoddelling of the house......... and they was a body bricked up in mums bedroom wall. the owners previous to them the husband knocked the wife about, and was by all accounts a right nasty piece of work. No one questioned it when the husband up and left, everyone in the area knew what he was like and so were just happy to see him go, one night it seems the wife snapped and stabbed him then bricked him in the wall..

I dont believe in ghosts - though i would not say i am certain either way and would not mock those who do............, and I still think it was likely just a coincidence..... but to this day, my mum, now 70 will not touch Ouija boards . either way its about the best creepy story I got.

Soldato
I'm not sure if I've told this story before. But many years ago when I was a young man, I was out in Bolton going to the nightclubs with my school friend. We'd booked a bed and breakfast place on one side of town. But by the time the night ended we were on the other side of town and ended up having to walk back at about 2am.

For the people who know Bolton, our bed and breakfast place was on castle street, and we were coming from Bolton town centre. We decided to cut through the red light district, down shiftfnall street. There were two weird incidents happened.

As we were walking down the street towards river street, a car suddenly come from the opposite direction at fast speed, slammed on his brakes and got out intensely. It felt like that android in the terminator come to get us lol.. I know my friend was thinking the same thing and we said to each other if he tries to attack one of us then the other will take him out. As it happens he walked behind us to a garage lock up, checked a lock then drove off at speed.

But the more weird creepy moment was when we'd got to the end of shiffnall street and we were turning the corner on to river street. I was walking behind my friend looking at the pavement. As we turned the corner suddenly I was looking at someones folded bare arm, which I thought was a prostitute on the corner with her arms folded. I thought damn, I've walked in to her, so was bracing myself for impact. Then I thought, "if I'm this close already then I should have made contact by now, something isn't right". So I stopped myself and stepped backwards keeping my eyes looking at 'her', and all I could see was a distorted mist. There is a drain pipe behind this mist that is clear to see, until it disappears behind the mist. I was self aware and knew if I blinked my eyes it will disappear, and thats what happened. Now, it could be said that maybe there was something in my eyes that were causing the mist. So I turned around to my friend, who was now standing in the middle of the road looking back at me and in the direction of what was the mist, and as I was going to tell him what I saw I could tell he'd seen something to. I asked, did you just see that? He said yes. At this point we walked even quicker and in the underground tunnel to get back to the bed and breakfast place.

We're both convinced something odd happened and he recalls a similar story to me. We thought maybe a prostitute got murdered at some point and its some kind of residual energy. It was weird and freaked us out.

Soldato
"We decided to cut through the red light district, down shiftfnall street. There were two weird incidents happened."
disappointing follow-up to that introduction.

Soldato
I'm not sure if I've told this story before. But many years ago when I was a young man, I was out in Bolton going to the nightclubs with my school friend. We'd booked a bed and breakfast place on one side of town. But by the time the night ended we were on the other side of town and ended up having to walk back at about 2am.

For the people who know Bolton, our bed and breakfast place was on castle street, and we were coming from Bolton town centre. We decided to cut through the red light district, down shiftfnall street. There were two weird incidents happened.

As we were walking down the street towards river street, a car suddenly come from the opposite direction at fast speed, slammed on his brakes and got out intensely. It felt like that android in the terminator come to get us lol.. I know my friend was thinking the same thing and we said to each other if he tries to attack one of us then the other will take him out. As it happens he walked behind us to a garage lock up, checked a lock then drove off at speed.

But the more weird creepy moment was when we'd got to the end of shiffnall street and we were turning the corner on to river street. I was walking behind my friend looking at the pavement. As we turned the corner suddenly I was looking at someones folded bare arm, which I thought was a prostitute on the corner with her arms folded. I thought damn, I've walked in to her, so was bracing myself for impact. Then I thought, "if I'm this close already then I should have made contact by now, something isn't right". So I stopped myself and stepped backwards keeping my eyes looking at 'her', and all I could see was a distorted mist. There is a drain pipe behind this mist that is clear to see, until it disappears behind the mist. I was self aware and knew if I blinked my eyes it will disappear, and thats what happened. Now, it could be said that maybe there was something in my eyes that were causing the mist. So I turned around to my friend, who was now standing in the middle of the road looking back at me and in the direction of what was the mist, and as I was going to tell him what I saw I could tell he'd seen something to. I asked, did you just see that? He said yes. At this point we walked even quicker and in the underground tunnel to get back to the bed and breakfast place.

We're both convinced something odd happened and he recalls a similar story to me. We thought maybe a prostitute got murdered at some point and its some kind of residual energy. It was weird and freaked us out.

This freaked me out because of post 849

Man of Honour
Had an odd one last night actually and not far off the first post - went to the toilet in the middle of the night just after I shut the door there was quite a substantial bonk against it from the other side - immediately opened it thinking something had maybe fallen over and hit it and nothing - absolutely no explanation.

Associate
a short while later they moved out and new owners moved in and did some remoddelling of the house......... and they was a body bricked up in mums bedroom wall.

Yikes. The fact there was a dead body bricked in to the bedroom wall is creepy enough without any ouija board hi-jinks :eek:

Back
Top Bottom