Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
OP
@woppy101 you still about lad? :)

Done deal. Multiple sources from Multiple sides.

PIF themselves entered into talks with the PL in July to get the deal done and to prove separation.
It's the first time they themselves entered into talks instead of a 3rd party. Yasir Al-Rumayyan himself was at the table.

Deal would have been done quicker but Mike doesn't trust the PL and won't drop the CAT case until its sealed. Still wouldn't surprise me if he still pushes for some compo. His case is strong and the Judge seems intent on making everything public.

The PIF must really want the Toon to play a big part in their Saudi Vision 2030.

So major investment on and off the pitch. The Ruben brothers are heavily involved and Newcastle UTD will be the crowned jewel with major investment incoming into the City not just the club.

Intent to rebuild the club over time into a powerhouse. Not a PSG but top players and manager will be on the list.

Belotti could be the first to sign :)

They had lined up Immobile before the PL did the well documented U-Turn on the takeover 18 months ago.

Edit:
Also 1 billion to Bein sports as compo.

Newcastle have cost the PIF 1.3billon

Let that sink in hah

Last edited:
Soldato

PIF themselves entered into talks with the PL in July to get the deal done and to prove separation.
It's the first time they themselves entered into talks instead of a 3rd party. Yasir Al-Rumayyan himself was at the table.

Deal would have been done quicker but Mike doesn't trust the PL and won't drop the CAT case until its sealed. Still wouldn't surprise me if he still pushes for some compo. His case is strong and the Judge seems intent on making everything public.

The PIF must really want the Toon to play a big part in their Saudi Vision 2030.

So major investment on and off the pitch. The Ruben brothers are heavily involved and Newcastle UTD will be the crowned jewel with major investment incoming into the City not just the club.

Intent to rebuild the club over time into a powerhouse. Not a PSG but top players and manager will be on the list.

They had lined up Immobile before the PL did the well documented U-Turn on the takeover 18 months ago.

Edit:

Let that sink in hah

I hope it works out for the best. I remember the excitement when Ashley bought the club...

Pet Northerner
Don

Edit:

Let that sink in hah

It's nice to be excited again :)

Soldato
I'm really struggling to get excited about this.

I think partly because it's been so on-again, off-again — I won't actually believe it's real until the paperwork is signed and Ashley is gone.

I'm also cautiously sceptical about it actually making us contenders again. I appreciate it's not going to happen overnight in any event, and we may well 'do a City' eventually, but as @Vandle says, we've been here before when Ashley bought the club.

Basically, a lifetime as a Newcastle supporter has taught me not to get my hopes up. :)

Soldato
As a long suffering nufc fan I am praying for this to happen and not do the typical nufc thing and dissapoint. It would be massive for this city this club these fans. So let's all hope it's Christmas day in room land this morning. #cans

Soldato
Why on earth do fans of other teams think Newcastle fans give a **** about the human rights issues involved with a takeover of their club by a state backed entity? Man city certainly don't, PSG certainly don't. Man utd fans don't when they're begging for oil backed states to buy the club. Human beings are fundamentally hypocrites.

Soldato
A penny for the thoughts of any LGBT Newcastle fans.

Or well any females.

"There is still no justice for Jamal’s murder. I urge the Premier League not to cave in now — this is the moment to show courage and principle" Hatice Cengiz, widow of Jamal Khashoggi

Why on earth do fans of other teams think Newcastle fans give a **** about the human rights issues involved with a takeover of their club by a state backed entity? Man city certainly don't, PSG certainly don't. Human beings are fundamentally hypocrites.

Because you should. You can’t have former players etc pushing for equality then completely ignoring the people behind this takeover.

Caporegime
It's pointless getting worked up over it, the deal is going through as it was clearly only the TV rights issue preventing it.

It won't be anything like City's takeover IMO, their owners got in at the perfect time. Newcastle won't be playing champions league football anytime soon.

Man of Honour
Where have you been for the last 10 odd years of social media? People just don't care about issues when it directly benefits them

So we shouldn't discuss it then?

As omnom says, matters around equality are being pushed heavily by clubs and players, and the Saudi's are allowed to ride roughshod over everything.

It's pointless getting worked up over it, the deal is going through as it was clearly only the TV rights issue preventing it.

It won't be anything like City's takeover IMO, their owners got in at the perfect time. Newcastle won't be playing champions league football anytime soon.

Yes, it'll be interesting to see how they go about it - some dodgy sponsorship deals will be on the horizon no doubt, to increase revenue.

Back
Top Bottom