Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
We all know that FFP is a load of ******** and they'll also have new sponsorship deals to as well.

They couldn't get it to stick on PSG or City, no chance they'll get it to stick for Newcastle either. It only matters if they get into European competition and they're at least 2 season away from getting into the CL.

Soldato
OP
We all know that FFP is a load of ******** and they'll also have new sponsorship deals to as well.

They couldn't get it to stick on PSG or City, no chance they'll get it to stick for Newcastle either. It only matters if they get into European competition and they're at least 2 season away from getting into the CL.
It's seems that's already lined up. New Saudi Airline is about to launch.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...-takes-aim-emirates-qatar-airways-2021-07-02/

It's only a matter of time anyhows before clubs start to challenge them FFP rules in court.

Don

You are aware that UEFA reduced City's claimed sponsorship values by approx 50% when City breached FFP? In addition to the fine, they also imposed a spending cap on City for the subsequent seasons.

Man of Honour
Confirmed by the PL

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2283712

The Premier League, Newcastle United Football Club and St James Holdings Limited have today settled the dispute over the takeover of the club by the consortium of PIF, PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media.

Following the completion of the Premier League's Owners' and Directors' Test, the club has been sold to the consortium with immediate effect.

The legal disputes concerned which entities would own and/or have the ability to control the club following the takeover.

All parties have agreed the settlement is necessary to end the long uncertainty for fans over the club’s ownership.

The Premier League has now received legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control Newcastle United Football Club.

All parties are pleased to have concluded this process which gives certainty and clarity to Newcastle United Football Club and their fans.

Don
I hope we get pictures of drunk Newcastle fans with tea towels on their head 'walking like an Egyptian' as we did when City were taken over.

Soldato
You are aware that UEFA reduced City's claimed sponsorship values by approx 50% when City breached FFP? In addition to the fine, they also imposed a spending cap on City for the subsequent seasons.

Yeh, fine the club with almost unlimited money. Hasn’t stop them spending though either has it? I guess you could argue that they didn’t pay £150m+ for Kane but they always said they wouldn’t do that.

Soldato
Yeh, fine the club with almost unlimited money. Hasn’t stop them spending though either has it? I guess you could argue that they didn’t pay £150m+ for Kane but they always said they wouldn’t do that.

Im sure the reason City weren’t punished more severely because the case was so old the evidence couldn’t be used. Newcastle will obviously have more money to spend but I wouldn’t expect them to go crazy with it like some are predicting.

Id expect Everton levels previous to the last window

Soldato
OP
He knew

kevin-keegan-quote-banner-no-advertising-newcastle-united-nufc-bw-650x400.jpg

Don
As I said, in addition to the fine City were given a spending cap for the following year after they breached FFP. IIRC they were also given a smaller CL squad size limit too. Other than the first couple of seasons, where they breached FFP and were charged for it (with fines, spending & squad limits), City haven't taken the **** when it comes to FFP.

FFP isn't bullet proof but it has successfully put some speed bumps in the way of your City's of this world to stop them spending even more and or quicker than they have.
Im sure the reason City weren’t punished more severely because the case was so old the evidence couldn’t be used.
This was a 2nd, different charge to the one I'm referring to above. City were initially charged and punished for failing to meet FFP spending limits. The 2nd more recent charge was for providing false information to UEFA.

Back
Top Bottom