Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
So we shouldn't discuss it then?.
People are free to discuss it all they want, Newcastle fans don't care anymore or they'd be out protesting this takeover, sky don't give 2 ***** about these issues, the premier League don't give give 2 *****. The only reason opposition fans care is because in 5 - 10 odd years Newcastle will be up there with man city and psg spending obscene money.. hell we've just found out Pep's next club

Soldato
A penny for the thoughts of any LGBT Newcastle fans.

Or well any females.

I'm neither LGBT nor female, but I will say that I'm not particularly happy about it.

However, there's not a huge amount I can do.

So just like when the F1 goes to questionable countries or the World Cup is held in Qatar next year, I will criticise but still watch because I'm a hypocrite, just like everyone else.

Pet Northerner
Don
Last edited:
Don
I'm disappointed in the lack of jokes about the Saudi's and Steve Bruce's big fat head!

On a serious point, no state should be allowed to purchase a football club, let alone one as backwards as Saudi but football doesn't care. Maybe not to the same extent but there's been countless people and groups that shouldn't be allowed in football that have bought clubs and supporters of that club, on the whole, haven't cared who they are or what they did as long as they spent lots of money. Newcastle fans don't care about Mike Ashley's business practices at SD, why should they care about the Saudi's butchering a journo? And if the Saudi's were taking over another club, it would be the same with that set of fans too.

As I said right from the start, the only thing that was going to block this deal was the bein situation and it's no surprise that as soon as that was resolved the PL spread their legs.

Soldato
I'm disappointed in the lack of jokes about the Saudi's and Steve Bruce's big fat head!

On a serious point, no state should be allowed to purchase a football club, let alone one as backwards as Saudi but football doesn't care. Maybe not to the same extent but there's been countless people and groups that shouldn't be allowed in football that have bought clubs and supporters of that club, on the whole, haven't cared who they are or what they did as long as they spent lots of money. Newcastle fans don't care about Mike Ashley's business practices at SD, why should they care about the Saudi's butchering a journo? And if the Saudi's were taking over another club, it would be the same with that set of fans too.

As I said right from the start, the only thing that was going to block this deal was the bein situation and it's no surprise that as soon as that was resolved the PL spread their legs.

Maybe im wrong but i dont think deal goes down well at all at Anfield. Remember when the NUFC fans were fuming at wonga being a sponsor? lol.

Big Phil Coutinho to come in Jan is my bet.

Caporegime
It is going to be mental. Premier League is basically going to walk over Europe for the foreseeable future.

90's to mid 00's is where football peaked. How the hell are old giants like Ajax, Benfica, Milan etc going to compete?

Champions League is just becoming more and more pointless as the Prem gets richer and richer.

Don
Maybe im wrong but i dont think deal goes down well at all at Anfield. Remember when the NUFC fans were fuming at wonga being a sponsor? lol.

Big Phil Coutinho to come in Jan is my bet.
It wouldn't have gone down well among a section of our (or Everton's) support but relatively speaking, that section would have been a minority. I said a similar thing regarding the Utd fans protests against the Glazers - 1% genuinely cared about what the Glazers were doing and wanting to "take back football", the other 99% only cared about spending more money on transfers.

And I don't recall much of a backlash from Newcastle supporters re Wonga. Like this, a minority were alarmed by the nature of the deal but 99% of supporters didn't care.

Anyway, I think this tweet says a lot about the state of football:

Don
It's been well over 10 years that she's been trying to get a slice of a football club. She was fronting a Dubai deal for Liverpool around 2008/2009.

Soldato
Rumour has it MBappe visited Redcar for his summer holidays had a parmo and that was enough for him to push his agent for a move.

Those figures posted above...im sure there is a lot more to it then that. You'd have to look at the current year as well which will almost certain be a heavy loss. They will have to offload Joelinton to Al-Halal for £200 mil first.

Don
The PL's FFP works in 3 year cycles. Based on previous profits and the allowable loss, Newcastle can afford to lose £190m in this years accounts and still meet FFP. If Newcastle did lose £190m this year (for arguments sake), they would then need to make a circa £70m profit next season to meet FFP then. If Newcastle qualified for Europe, they'd have to make a £140m profit next season to meet UEFA's FFP as they only allow losses of around £30m as opposed to the PL's £100m odd.

Back
Top Bottom