Newcastle takeover???

Don
You have to give these arab states credit, sportswashing does work. City fans won't admit to any wrong doing of Abu Dhabi and Newcastle fans are doing the same with the Saudi's.

That arabsat statement is nothing more than propaganda. From reuters:

A June 13 ruling by the Paris court, a copy of which was seen by Reuters, found that signals from beoutQ were available on Arabsat frequencies and accessible from French territory, based on findings by a firm retained by beIN.

“These elements are sufficient to establish that Arabsat has a charge to answer,” the ruling said.

But it also said beIN had failed to demonstrate the existence of “clear and illegal disruption or prove that there was immediate risk of commercial damage” that could justify forcing Arabsat to block beoutQ’s satellite signals in France.

The court found that Arabsat were transmitting beoutQ and there was a charge to answer however there wasn't sufficient evidence to prove lost revenue for beIN. FIFA, La Liga and the PL also carried out their own investigation and found that Arabsat were behind beoutQ.

Soldato
You have to give these arab states credit, sportswashing does work. City fans won't admit to any wrong doing of Abu Dhabi and Newcastle fans are doing the same with the Saudi's.

That arabsat statement is nothing more than propaganda. From reuters:

The court found that Arabsat were transmitting beoutQ and there was a charge to answer however there wasn't sufficient evidence to prove lost revenue for beIN. FIFA, La Liga and the PL also carried out their own investigation and found that Arabsat were behind beoutQ.
And do you think your owners or the owners of Arsenal or Chelsea are whiter than white, people don't become massively wealthy without doing some shady things, bit naive if you think otherwise, I just think you don’t want another team to challenge the so-called top6

Man of Honour
And do you think your owners or the owners of Arsenal or Chelsea are whiter than white, people don't become massively wealthy without doing some shady things, bit naive if you think otherwise, I just think you don’t want another team to challenge the so-called top6

Oh come off it, most owners aren't remotely comparable to the Saudis.

It's fine you're pleased to be taken over, but let's not start ignoring the fact they're a nasty bunch (to put it politely).

Soldato
Interesting how everyone has a moral compass about this.

Football lost its moral way long ago....

We either all go to grassroots community making tea at half time or we just accept this is the way it is.

Money talks, it's not always right but why now everyone seems to be Jesus when Newcastle are about to be taken over is... well interesting to put it kindly.

Richard Keys to start gobbing off is just comical, what a joke of a person.

Don
I don't know of Stan Kroenke murdering anybody, if that's what you're suggesting. And if you read what I wrote earlier, I clearly commented on the fact that the PL picks and chooses when it applies it's fit and proper tests, although Abramovic was around before these existed.

This is a discussion forum and a very big story broke last night that is worth discussing. Obviously you don't want to discuss these things and instead would rather close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and scream but I'm happy to. Now if your argument is simply "he done it too" then that's fair enough and yes, there's a lot of dodgy people running football clubs however saying there's no reason to block the deal, as Bigpig did, or denying the Saudi's were invovled in beoutQ as you tried to do, is simply not true. Arabsat have been found on numerous ocassions by courts and Leagues to have been broadcasting beoutQ and the US senate found MBS ultimately responsible for the murder of Khashoggi - there are PL rules in place right now that would allow the PL to block this takeover if they wished.

Now again, I know full well that the PL has ignored issues around other owners in the past (although not quite so serious) however this beIN story is different because it involves the one thing that the PL care about most, money. Whether it will ultimately lead to the deal being blocked, I don't know but it would be incredibly stupid to think that there's not a number of PL sides that are consulting legal teams and discussing this with the PL right now. You say I don't want Newcastle to challenge (which isn't true), do you think the other 19 clubs want to see Newcastle challenge? Of course not and they also don't want to lose hundreds of millions from beIN sport.

Soldato
Oh come off it, most owners aren't remotely comparable to the Saudis.

It's fine you're pleased to be taken over, but let's not start ignoring the fact they're a nasty bunch (to put it politely).
So it’s ok to just overlook it then if its not as bad as the Saudis, the glazers have some shady figures(I’m not saying they go around lobbing people’s heads off) but have still done some questionable things, so you are being a bit hypocritical. Every billionaire has a shady past

Man of Honour
So it’s ok to just overlook it then if its not as bad as the Saudis, FSG have some shady figures(I’m not saying they go around lobbing people’s heads off) but have still done some questionable things, so you are being a bit hypocritical. As I said you just don’t want another team to challenge where you are

As you even said yourself, there's a huge difference between 'some shady figures' and:
  • Torturing people for being homosexual
  • Beheading people in public
  • Murdering journalists
  • Jailing journalists
  • Treating women as subhuman
And that's just a handful of things.

I'm not being hypocritical as I understand why fans would overlook these things, but let's not pretend others are comparable - they aren't.

As for other teams challenging, I would welcome a strong league with lots of competition, actually. It's more enjoyable.

Don
I'm not even sure woppy knows of any shady things the Glazers/FSG have done, he's just blindly trying to defend the Saudi's. Buying a football club really does go a long way to improving your image - in woppy's eyes the Saudi's torturing and murdering journalists is comparable to the Glazers or FSG making a late tax payment :D

Soldato
As you even said yourself, there's a huge difference between 'some shady figures' and:
  • Torturing people for being homosexual
  • Beheading people in public
  • Murdering journalists
  • Jailing journalists
  • Treating women as subhuman
And that's just a handful of things.

I'm not being hypocritical as I understand why fans would overlook these things, but let's not pretend others are comparable - they aren't.

As for other teams challenging, I would welcome a strong league with lots of competition, actually. It's more enjoyable.
I’m not saying they are comparable at all they aren’t, what I’m saying is every other club with multi billionaire owners will have a very shady past and seem to be forgetting that city’s owners were almost as bad as the Saudis until recently, Abramovich still can’t go into certain parts of Russia and there are rumours of him having people killed, people seem very quick to jump on the bandwagon but forget about there own clubs owners

Soldato
I'm not even sure woppy knows of any shady things the Glazers/FSG have done, he's just blindly trying to defend the Saudi's. Buying a football club really does go a long way to improving your image - in woppy's eyes the Saudi's torturing and murdering journalists is comparable to the Glazers or FSG making a late tax payment :D
Yeah I looked at the wrong post so had to change to it was to, I’m sure there are far more shady things than a late tax payment, I’m surprised as a scouser you know what a tax payment is :D:D:D

Don
I’m not saying they are comparable at all they aren’t, what I’m saying is every other club with multi billionaire owners will have a very shady past and seem to be forgetting that city’s owners were almost as bad as the Saudis until recently, Abramovich still can’t go into certain parts of Russia and there are rumours of him having people killed, people seem very quick to jump on the bandwagon but forget about there own clubs owners
People have commented on issues around City's owners and Abramovic for years, as they did Shinawatra. I even mentioned earlier in this thread how Shinawatra was a signature away from investing the equivalent of £600m+ in todays money into Liverpool only for that deal to be called off due to the reaction from Liverpool supporters.
Yeah I looked at the wrong post so had to change to it was to, I’m sure there are far more shady things than a late tax payment, I’m surprised as a scouser you know what a tax payment is :D:D:D
I'm not a scouser and I'm pretty sure the North East has the highest rate of unemployment in the UK. Can you name any of these shady things the Glazers or FSG have done, just to show that this is not a blind defence of the Saudi's.

Soldato
People have commented on issues around City's owners and Abramovic for years, as they did Shinawatra. I even mentioned earlier in this thread how Shinawatra was a signature away from investing the equivalent of £600m+ into Liverpool only for that deal to be called off due to the reaction from Liverpool supporters.

I'm not a scouser and I'm pretty sure the North East has the highest rate of unemployment in the UK. Can you name any of these shady things the Glazers or FSG have done, just to show that this is not a blind defence of the Saudi's.
I thought you might have grasped by the emojis it was a joke(remember those)
I’m not giving blind defence to the Saudis(would I prefer someone like FSG yes I would), the actions and views on some things they don’t like are abhorrent and don’t have a place in this world, But if the takeover does happen like city’s owners they might start changing how they act to make Saudi more in line with the rest of the world.
of course I don’t know what FSG/glazers have in there closets but as is said you don’t become a multi billionaire being whiter than white.
Anyway I won’t matter anyway because I have a feeling it will fall through in the next week or so

Last edited:
Don
I thought you might have grasped by the emojis it was a joke(remember those)
I’m not giving blind defence to the Saudis(would I prefer someone like FSG yes I would), the actions and views on some things they don’t like are abhorrent and don’t have a place in this world, But if the takeover does happen like city’s owners they might start changing how they act to make Saudi more in like with the rest of the world.
of course I don’t know what FSG/glazers have in there closets but as is said you don’t become a multi billionaire being whiter than white
I know you were joking, it was just an odd joke to make when Newcastle is in a region with the highest level of unemployment.

I have no idea what you're talking about regarding City's owners changing. The UAE is still a backwards state, all they've tried to do is change how they're viewed by involving themselves in sport. And I'm not aware of any shady things John Henry has done - iinm he made his money by developing a statistical formula for trading in corn and soyabeans :p Maybe you're just a massive carnivore and hate soyabeans and vegans.

Soldato
I know you were joking, it was just an odd joke to make when Newcastle is in a region with the highest level of unemployment.

I have no idea what you're talking about regarding City's owners changing. The UAE is still a backwards state, all they've tried to do is change how they're viewed by involving themselves in sport. And I'm not aware of any shady things John Henry has done - iinm he made his money by developing a statistical formula for trading in corn and soyabeans :p Maybe you're just a massive carnivore and hate soyabeans and vegans.
It’s the north east with the highest level, I can’t remember where I read it but Newcastle’s unemployment rate is much lower than the rest of the north east, yes UAE is backwards but is definitely further ahead of where is was 10-20 years ago.
I definitely hate Vegans, so yes John Henry is worse than the Saudis :p:p

Man of Honour
Why would Saudi Arabia try and change just because they own a football team? They won't care. They're happy being savages.

Soldato

Genuine question as i havent googled it. Is one of Citys owners a general in an army at war in Yemen which has resulted in the death of over 100k people?

Back
Top Bottom