Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quote from dannyd i think who started a newcastle crisis thread,

"Is it just me or does anyone else think newcastle united should ditch Glen Roeder and get someone new...After all we are one of the biggest teams in the prem but were still 14th..something needs to be done maybe get rid of freddy shepard i think his time as being on of the besty chairmans in the premiership has passed..what do you think?"

Wonder what other fans views are, is Roeder really the right man for the job.

Personally i think he is, I think he is doing a good job with really bad circumstances, We have been plagured with injuries since Souness, so that is 2yr solid now....its been constant bad luck.

I agree Souness was right to go whatever the injury crisis, Roeder is doing the right thing, he never moans about the injuries, although he is asked about them in every conference because we do have a serious problem with it,

regarding tonights game with Chelsea, our injury list is probably the worst its ever been with regards to first team players, so quite frankly im not expecting much, i just hope the young guys if played give a good account for themselves, im hoping we can somehow muster a draw but that seems very unlikely. If we had our first 11 against them then id be dissapointed to lose, if we had any sort of luck with injuries then 14th is hideous, but the benefit of doubt is deserved because Roeder in my eyes is doing the right things and there is some sort of stability here.

Not sure about the recent whispers of take overs in the last few months, i cant really be bothered to talk about that....it seems like its just some crazy phase for wealthy business men... If we do undergo a takeover id like it to be for the right reasons and have a clear goal of where the club will be taken not just some dodgy billionaire from the middle east.

I'm certain by the end of the season we will be well in the top10, if not 6th or something. Im certain Roeder will still be managing us too.

Pretty much agree.

I've said all along that Roeder may not be the man to lead us long term but his performance at the end of last season was more than a honeymoon period and he deserved the chance to lead the team into this season.

Apart from Carr, Baba being selected I agree with everything he's done and share in his obvious frustration of having loads of players injured. Now that we have fowards fit we are scoring more goals and that was a problem at the start of the season. I also strongly agree with Roeder that most of the performaces at the start were not reflected in the results and now they are starting to. That's aside from the bad games like Sheff Utd, etc. Many fans couldn't see that and assumed we would never get a decent position, some even saying we would be relegated.

I always maintained that it would pick up, especially when Martins and Dyer came back and it has. I really hope it continues though, I don't want to be proven wrong.

In relation to the Chelsea game. I don't really care what the result is. I would probably expect to get beat with hardly any injuries such is their quality. Therefore any result we get is a bonus.

I'm sort of glad we are playing Chelsea now. What better game for players to miss than the one you expect to get beat in. Parker, Duff, Dyer, Sib, and maybe Solano, Emre will be fit for Watford which is the important game.

Last edited:
The last few games have warmed me to Roeder - I kind of did blame him for our misfortunes (being second bottom at one point!!) But ever since the Man city game (a draw) we got a draw vs Arsenal and a win X3 to lift us right out of it for now, considering he did this with the worst injury crisis i've ever seen at any squad (no joke we can't even field a proper team have to use youth team players) hes done amazingly well.
Look at the likes of Everton, get a few injuries to key players start whining and falling down the table, 90% of our first choice players are missing and we're not complaining (Owen, Dyer, Solano, Emre, Parker, Duff, Ameobi, Moore, Bramble), theres a few million spent there to say the least and we're still moving up the table - I think the players needed a kick up the backside to start performing and it was seeing newcastle second bottom that hurt their pride (I know it certainly made me angry).

He seems to be able to do better in bad conditions :p

I think everyone at the club is probably angry with the way its gone, the luck etc. A good few gritty hard fought performances has got us on the right track...This game with chelsea is probably not even worth thinking about in terms of how well we have coped recently.

I just really hope our players start coming back to fitness and not continuing to be out. I hope that for the sake of the club fans, players and roeder himself, genuine good guy who is doing the right things in a big messy hole we are all in.

Just hope we dont get embarrassed tonight :p a 0-0, 1-1, or 1-0 defeat will be alright.

LOL, shame, with a fully fit squad maybe a win could have been thought of with the position Chelsea are in.. them needing nothing other than 3points

I think the 2 biggest misses are Dyer (you all see how Newcastle are a completly different side with him in) and Owen even though I don't like him I have to admit he'll put away the chances, them two back alone I reckon will make a massive difference.

What all this chat about Crouch, hope we don't buy him we need defenders - yeah we might keep a clean sheet once in a while but you always feel it was due to luck not good defending,

Geordie Faithfull, some good news

NO TITUS SHAMBLES

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder has revealed defender Titus Bramble has spent eight days in hospital after an alarming flare-up in his injured calf.

The 25-year-old's lower leg swelled to twice its normal size days after he picked up a knock during the 0-0 UEFA Cup draw with Eintracht Frankfurt in Germany on November 30.

Bramble was admitted to hospital last week and has been there ever since.

Roeder said: "Titus has spent eight days in hospital because we were very worried about the swelling in his calf - and when I say that you cannot probably imagine how large the swelling had become.

"The whole half of the bottom of his leg had doubled in size. Thankfully, the doctors got to him in time and saw what the problem was."

Bramble has now undergone treatment for the injury and is expected to be released from hospital in the next couple of days.

However, it could be next month before he is available for selection again.

Roeder told the club's website, www.nufc.co.uk: "He is probably three weeks away from being fit, which could take out until the new year.

"It is a real shame as he was having his best run when that happened."

Bramble is one of 13 senior players currently on the injury list and with Craig Moore also sidelined Roeder has been forced to turn to youngsters Steven Taylor and Peter Ramage, who have impressed.

Well I disagree. Solano, Taylor, Bramble and Ramage has been out strongest defensive line up this season.

Would happily see Carr and Baba injured though lol.

Solano puts Carr to shame at rb, Solano can start every game at rb for me, hope Emre is fit soon sport physio isn't saying how long hes out for.

Adum said:
Bramble has been playing fine lately, its not good news that hes injured at all.

He's still making his customary 'lapses of concentration' catestrophic mistakes though - it's just we haven't been punished recently for them.

Dont get me wrong, he's a good lad, and he could be a decent defender, but we've been saying that a long time now.

Agree with Nobby putting Carr to shame, he's been a rock when he's played RB - if he's happy stopping there, he can play there all season for us tbh.

Defence actually seemed quite solid today, Huntingdon had a very good debut, boring chelsea as usual scoring the odd crappy goal and keeping the cleansheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom