Outs
Viana Undisclosed Valencia
Parker 7milWest Ham United
Bramble Free
Sibierski Free
Dyer 6m Westham if agrees terms

13m

Safe to say he has really improved Newcastle squad for 1million

I agree that is impressive Bigpig, but I wish they would release some bloody money. All the other teams are buying big, and I'm worried we are getting left behind. I'm not asking for Sam to waste money, but we desperately need a good pair of fullbacks.

Paul

Jofujofu said:
I agree that is impressive Bigpig, but I wish they would release some bloody money. All the other teams are buying big, and I'm worried we are getting left behind. I'm not asking for Sam to waste money, but we desperately need a good pair of fullbacks.

Paul
Mort the chairman said on the offical website today or yesterday that there is money and big money if the right players come along but they wont wast huge amounts of cash on the wrong players.

But I agree with need 2 FB

Edit: Think Sam was looking Prem Exp players for defence but that din't go to well now he looking at champ league EXP players

Last edited:
I suppose it's as much to do with NUFC not being as big a draw for big players as it once was. I'm just getting desperate now, lol ;)

I have to say though, that I've got more faith in Big Sam than most of our previous managers, so I know things will start developing soon!

Paul

Hmm i can imagine it is really tough in the transfer market ....

At least with the ins and outs we have been doing they are the right ones..

Its better than spending 10m here and there on the wrong players.

We are getting battlers in the team... something we haven really had for time. Just hope Barton dont go down :)

hmm i see...

looks like good experience in the back 4.

Our central defence would look alrite, Taylor, Cacapa, Rozenhal, Ramage...

Its the LB and RB is a bit disconcerning.

If big sam wants 4 or 5 more players i reckon 4 would be defensive players that are wanted, not just 1 or 2.

Could do with right midfielder too, with Solano ageing.. cant rely on Milner all the time

Bigpig said:
Am Very Impressed With Big Sam atm

In
Cacapa Free if he passes Medical
Smith 6m if he agrees Terms
Barton 5.8m
Viduka Free
Geremi Free
Rozehnal 2.9m

14m

Outs
Viana Undisclosed Valencia
Parker 7milWest Ham United
Bramble Free
Sibierski Free
Dyer 6m Westham if agrees terms

13m

Safe to say he has really improved Newcastle squad for 1million

Viana left in 2006 and Sibierski refused to stay not really much to do with Allardyce.

Signing Smith is a waste of money, if Allardyce wants an attacking midfielder then bloody buy one, we've got plenty of strikers.

Visionary said:
Signing Smith is a waste of money, if Allardyce wants an attacking midfielder then bloody buy one, we've got plenty of strikers.

I disagree. Sam uses different players and formations for different opposition. Basically if we try to play Man U off the park in an all out attack style similiar to ManU, they will beat us because they are a better team at that style of play. However, if we pack our midfield with fiesty tackling types and kick the crap out of them, we will get a point.

I feel that Smith would be a good signing. Him and Barton and Butt in midfield for those types of games? Sounds good to me!

Paul

Jofujofu said:
I disagree. Sam uses different players and formations for different opposition. Basically if we try to play Man U off the park in an all out attack style similiar to ManU, they will beat us because they are a better team at that style of play. However, if we pack our midfield with fiesty tackling types and kick the crap out of them, we will get a point.

I feel that Smith would be a good signing. Him and Barton and Butt in midfield for those types of games? Sounds good to me!

Paul

that's all well and good but smith is not that type of player in truth, although he brings elements of that to his front play. i think smith will want to play up front and that might restrict newcastle in getting him. the only possibility is that sam might play a 433 with luque and smith on the wide forward spots. might spell the end of ameobi though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom