Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lemonkettaz said:
Shame we have lost out on Baines, he has gone to his love club :p understandable.

I don't understand why it keeps getting reported that he's an Everton fan:

Leighton Baines said:
As a boy I supported... Liverpool. As a local lad I used to watch from The Kop when Robbie Fowler was making his name. I started out at Liverpool's Centre of Excellence and although it was disappointing when nothing came of it, I was lucky that both Wigan and Wolves wanted to sign me.

http://www.fourfourtwo.premiumtv.co.uk/page/TheBoys/0,,11442~587312,00.html

We'll have to wait and see what happens with the other fella, big Sam has been ignoring him whilst signing Enrique, but now he's back on the case things might turn around again.

lemonkettaz said:
Hmm a liverpool fan?

Im not sure, i read it on either nufc.com of ssn. I thought the deal to everton was done and dusted...... more or less

I'm sure it is, but all the papers and most websites say it's because he's an Everton fan, when blatantly he's not. He just wants to stay in the North West.

When I said 'the other fella' I meant Dragutinovic.

Dragutinovic Move is off i hear due to his wage demands.

Also FatMark is set to be our leading man this season. While Owen has been told he has to fight for his place vs Martains Goodstuff

Bigpig said:
Dragutinovic Move is off i hear due to his wage demands.

Also FatMark is set to be our leading man this season. While Owen has been told he has to fight for his place vs Martains Goodstuff

thats pretty funny, your free transfer is your leading man instead of your world-class wonder boy(most mags i know still claim he is still THAT good etc)

peetee said:
thats pretty funny, your free transfer is your leading man instead of your world-class wonder boy(most mags i know still claim he is still THAT good etc)

Well upfront for places it will be FatMark Vs Shola and Martains Vs Owen. Be silly to bench Martains after the season he give us so the wounderboy has to figth for his place. Smith will be used where needed mf or upfront or maybe in front 3 of Luque/Mark/Smith Lots of options is always a good thing.

And we finaly got some reforcments for our defence Enrique "The Bull", cacapa and Roz who has had a great pre season. Not to mention Car looks like a new player the way he been playing

Looking forward to this season. Top 7 Finish and a very good cup run and i be happy

lemonkettaz said:
Big Sam going after that bolton defender now... forgot his name..

anyone read anything about this rumour of chinese takeover of the club?

Yah 20mill profit on top of what he paid for it but it was turned down by Ash. Who is in it for the long time investment

He cleared 35mil of debt so far as well as investing in smith and enrique

Hmm funny.

glad it was turned down tbh...

Id rather a british owner than foreign investment.... im glad we have a british billionaire at the top.

but money is money.

Geremi to be Newcastle captain this season.

What you guys think of it?

He been outstanding and very comanding in preseason a very sound pick for captain

Bigpig said:
Geremi to be Newcastle captain this season.

What you guys think of it?

He been outstanding and very comanding in preseason a very sound pick for captain

Very happy with this,he has been outstanding so far.

If we can wrap up Abdoulaye Faye Defensive MF/CB( Big strong and very consistent players giving good performance week in week out very underrated player imho) and a new Rb I be over the moon at our summer signings and goings. Also give Martains that new deal he looking to remove that 13mil clause!!!!

NokkonWud said:
I'd never have picked Geremi as captain personally, I think there are certainly better picks in the Newcastle squad.

I Disagree the only other options are Given would have been a cert but he a goal keeper! Taylor to young but will become captain at a later date and Barton

Geremi has earned it in preseason with his workload and everything he is saying getting people motivated fans and players!! What more do you want for a captain?

NokkonWud said:
I'd never have picked Geremi as captain personally, I think there are certainly better picks in the Newcastle squad.

I guess Sam chose him because of the performances he put in during pre-season which were very very good,by far the best player during pre-season.

Ive no complaints with Geremi being captain.

[DOD]Asprilla said:
I don't understand why it keeps getting reported that he's an Everton fan:
Because Baines admitted he is on Sky Sports. He said he used to watch and Support Liverpool as a kid with his dad, but when he was a young teen he decided he didn't like Liverpool and preferred Everton, sneaking into Goodison Park with his mate when there were 15 or so minutes left.

Dyer Gone to westham!!!

Woot that 80k off our wage bill

Kieron Dyer has completed his move from Newcastle to West Ham after the two clubs reached an agreement.

The England midfielder had looked set to join The Hammers earlier this month after announcing he wanted to leave St James' Park to be closer to his family.

The transfer fell through at the last minute when Newcastle changed their valuation of the player, forcing West Ham to reconsider.

The two clubs have now settled on a fee, believed to be in the region of £8million, leaving Dyer available to make his West Ham debut against Birmingham on Saturday.

He will be reunited at Upton Park with a number of former Newcastle team-mates.

Dyer did not feature in Newcastle's 3-1 victory at Bolton on the opening day of the Premier League season.

I belive the deal is 6mill up front and 2mil depending on apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom