Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
was a weird game for me, we dictated play for long periods but once in the last 3rd we seemed to just sit and not do anything, not even zog or milner were taking anyone on.

still its nice to see us keep possession and pressure , havent seen that for a while, great result and the perfect time to play spurs

beat reading this saturday and we are 4th :)

As usual, we find ourselves with the WRONG manager appointed - thanks Mr Shepherd!

Another depressing season beckons.

It is simply UNACCEPTABLE to be thrashed so badly at home, to lose 1-4 to Portsmouth is a joke.

To lose to DERBY was a joke, to lose to READING a joke.

The playing tactics are negative, boring, hoof and hope style, all long ball.

Great idea playing a right winger on the left, and a left winger on the right last week Sam!

Even better, to play long balls to a central defence of 6'5 defenders. Im sure they had a hard time stopping those...

We don't demand 5-0 victories every week, but we do NOT want to see long ball grinding football at NUFC.

Anyone who thinks 'clean sheets' come before 'scoring goals' is an idiot.

The fatal flaw with the above statement, is when the opposition scores, which they usually do 99.9% of the time, we have NO COMEBACK plan.

Useless.

We beat Spurs, who were rubbish at the time, and being beaten by everyone anyway.
Same with Bolton, and we scraped a Wigan 1-0 win.

All 3 of the above clubs managers have now gone anyway!

We lost to Derby, Reading, Portsmouth (at home!!!!) and couldn't even beat the Smoggies.

BYE SAM, take your negative boring ineffective tactics with you.

I would prefer to see a better style of football but wouldnt be too bothered if its winning football but at the moment it isnt so that is a problem , if we lose to sunderland ( which could happen away from home ) :rolleyes: then it wont do big sam any good but i still believe he need time and in my opinion is a far better manager than souness - roeder , changing managers every 5 minutes is one of newcastles biggest downfalls .

fergie - wenger 2 of the best managers around and both been in there jobs a long time , the club needs stability , yes football is a results business but newcastle wont improve by doing what they have done for the last 10 years .

The problem with the 'give him time' comments are;

a) Fergie is a better manager, and these days you don't get 5 years anyway.
Mourhinho wouldn't have got 5 years if he didn't win anything in his first season.

b) BS has never shown he could win anything anyway! So what are we waiting 5 years for? To be the next Bolton, no thanks!

c) Going by that, we should have given Souness 5 years to ruin us!

He isn't much better than Souness or Roeder tbh, they all played players OUT of positions.

What we need to do is give the RIGHT MANAGER, time.

Not the wrong manager ie Allardyce, Souness, Roeder!

b) BS has never shown he could win anything anyway! So what are we waiting 5 years for? To be the next Bolton, no thanks!

neither have newcastle

mackems are going to have a field day tommorow tbh. good to see more mags waking up and seeing that their manager is
A) boring
B) small club suited

neither have newcastle

mackems are going to have a field day tommorow tbh. good to see more mags waking up and seeing that their manager is
A) boring
B) small club suited

Under a decent manager we could win things. Not under SA.

If we can't win against Derby, we certainly won't win any trophies!

wasnt all that long ago that the majority of mags jumped on the allardyce-is-a-good-manager bandwagon, and it was often said that the only reason HE hadnt won anything is because he had always dealt with smaller clubs.

To be honest we wont know whether newcastle are capable of winning anything until you do get a half decent manager, which i cant see happening to be honest. It was already claimed that fat sam was the manager to lead you to something, going round in the same old circle really!

At least give the man a chance, i'm not a huge fan of his but he's identified your weak areas and tried to sort it which no one else did. Lots of new players have come in and they will take time to get used to each other too. I'd keep him on and see how he does next season.

You should give him a chance, he isn't going to turn everything around in a few months with the squad he inherited.

Theres no one I can think of who would do a better job who would actually agree to managing Newcastle.

Cant believe people are considering Allardyce shouldnt be in the job.

Its only November. He IS a good manager. He has done all the right things regarding transfers...

The team needs time to get things right. Getting rid of the best manager since keegan/sir bobby is just ridiculous i'm afraid.

win or lose at sunderland.

Cant believe people are considering Allardyce shouldnt be in the job.

Its only November. He IS a good manager. He has done all the right things regarding transfers...

The team needs time to get things right. Getting rid of the best manager since keegan/sir bobby is just ridiculous i'm afraid.

win or lose at sunderland.

I'm with Lemon on this one, I'm finding it hard to accept just how fickle other Mags fans are. Jesus we've only played 11 premiership games with him in charge, did you expect him to turn it around on a penny?

I think most of what he's done has been positive and you can't really blame Sam for Cacapa's nightmare 15 minutes against Portsmouth.

Panzer

I'm with Lemon on this one, I'm finding it hard to accept just how fickle other Mags fans are. Jesus we've only played 11 premiership games with him in charge, did you expect him to turn it around on a penny?

I think most of what he's done has been positive and you can't really blame Sam for Cacapa's nightmare 15 minutes against Portsmouth.

Panzer

The STYLE of play is not what we want to see, negative tactics, holding our attacking players back.

He's trying to get us to defend first, which we can't do its as simple as that, he should give up now, we've never been renowned for a great defence, and as long as we score goals we don't need to worry TOO much about clean sheets and negative boring football.

A big problem I have is his team selection. He keeps picking an attacking midfielder at left back. Even worse, today he is using a striker as the defensive midfielder to cover the back four. :confused:

alan smith is hardly a striker, its been well established repeatedly that hes far from that.

oh and whoevers saying scoring goals is a better idea than worrying about defense.. you want to be the new tottenham next season? nuff said, thats the reason you're not manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom