Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van_Dammesque said:
Eats hat, and it tastes good! :D

Dyer and co. are looking good. Let us hope the run continues, next stop chelsea :(

I think not having carr and babers in defense is probably why we are solid at the back.

Next stop Chelsea? What about Reading and Blackburn :confused: Or am I missing something?

doubtful, reading are on a good run atm full of confidence and doing very well considering there a new team.

blackburn however are on a downer in the league but like us doing well in the cup, but blackburn is always a tricky game cause there scrappers.

EasyG said:
doubtful, reading are on a good run atm full of confidence and doing very well considering there a new team.

blackburn however are on a downer in the league but like us doing well in the cup, but blackburn is always a tricky game cause there scrappers.

RE: Reading; We did just beat a team 13 places above us in the table :p while they are on a good run their last 3 games have been Fulham, Charlton and Spurs... I think we stand a chance :D

Panzer

but that was before our run of 4 unbeaten games.
Considering we have beaten Pompy, Palmero, Celta Vigo, drawn with Arsenal (away!) since then. I think the last run of results have boosted the players confidence and with Dyre and Martins looking like they are pairing up nicely I think we stand a good chance. It's a shame about our new bout of injuries but i think we can overcome them.

Panzer

I think the pace of our attack will be key having dyer/martins/nzogbia/milner running at a defence will create a lot of chances for someone like sibierski just to be in and around the box to slot them in as martins doesnt seem to be that kind of player, he likes to do things himself.

I think the injuries of Babyaro/Carr and Duff have been a good thing as i've never rated Carr & Babayaro they're useless Solano is a lot better than Carr at RB he played that role before he came to newcastle.
Duff has been rubbish since his move from Chelsea whereas Nzogbia was argueably our best player last season but was still dropped because he was young and we signed Duff.

We've been playing alright the last coupla games.

I was encouraged by yesterdays performance, but you all are getting too ahead of yourselves.

Portsmouth are in a false league position, there is no way they will finish top half this season IMO, seriously folks, these were relegation contenders last season, don't kid yourselves that they are battling for 3rd! They will finish about 12th.

I don't care that it was portsmouth, it was the performance is what all I care about against them and it was great, the way it should be.

speaking of dyer he's such a class player, i really hope he can avoid any more serious injuries and gets a good run of games, as a non newcastle supporter he's one guy in the prem i enjoy watching when in full flight.

SeanyK said:
Portsmouth are in a false league position, there is no way they will finish top half this season IMO, seriously folks, these were relegation contenders last season, don't kid yourselves that they are battling for 3rd! They will finish about 12th.

Yes we won't be going for top 4 but top half finish is quite possible. You witnessed our worst performance of the season by far and hopefully when our injury problems improve we'll improve our consistancy like the start of the season.

how the **** has Dyer come back and looks faster than anyone on the pitch.

impressive. i couldnt see him coming back but kudos to him. he must have worked hard in training.

shame he's the most injury prone player ever since the days of Darren Anderton.

Clerkin said:
how the **** has Dyer come back and looks faster than anyone on the pitch.

impressive. i couldnt see him coming back but kudos to him. he must have worked hard in training.

shame he's the most injury prone player ever since the days of Darren Anderton.

I think he has made sure he hasnt come back too soon this time...

i hope he lasts.. because he looks better than ever....which is surprising for someone who has been out for so long.

Good to see Dyer playing, and playing well again. There was an article a few months ago in which he mentioned he felt "suicidal" at times with regards to his injuries. He can be a bit of a **** sometimes, but he is a decent lad really.

Clerkin said:
thing is with Dyer, if he does stay fit and keeps up his current level of performance (i know its only been 2 games) i cant see him staying at newcastle long.
He'll stay, good thing about Newcastle is we don't let go of our top players like other clubs trying to make a profit (Like PSV if you like) or if they get a large offer, we have the ambition and the players normally want to stay aswell as they know they will never be appreciated anywhere elseif they succeed like they do here, i'm sure Given/Shearer could have chosen any team in the world if they're heart desired.
Even players like Bellamy etc were forced out, I can't see any team wanting him that badly now he's soo injury prone, good on Roeder for not rushing him unlike Souness.

Just read on the BBC website that Luque was in a road accident on his way to the airport! His Porche collided with a lorry. He is ok though and will still be available to play for the Frankfurt game!

linky

Panzer

Panzerbjorn said:
Just read on the BBC website that Luque was in a road accident on his way to the airport! His Porche collided with a lorry. He is ok though and will still be available to play for the Frankfurt game!

linky

Panzer

this sounded believable till the end bit where it says he will be available for the frankfurt game HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

J/K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom