Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
skly said:
Let see how he cope with the pressure and expectation in big match. He needs some games to get back to match fitness.

He has played in much bigger matches than Newcastle will do for the next couple of seasons and performed more than adequately (1 sticks in my mind :(). He has the attributes to do well in the prem too so i see no reason why he wouldnt do the business if played correctly.

CliffyG said:
He has played in much bigger matches than Newcastle will do for the next couple of seasons and performed more than adequately (1 sticks in my mind :(). He has the attributes to do well in the prem too so i see no reason why he wouldnt do the business if played correctly.

He is quick and can score goals with both feet, also have experience in Champions league games. If someone like Duff/Carr keep feeding him with good pass, he could bang few goals. Rossi is still inexperienced and couldn’t link up with Duff and other players..

Mr Nice said:
6) Is your idea of a good atmosphere to sit in brooding silence for minutes at a time, before bellowing like a moose in rutting season when the referee doesn't give you that vital throw-in at the halfway line?

The ONLY original line in there, the rest, old re-hashed tripe served up by another xenophobic ****** with brains smaller than his testicles.

Martins is a very good player, what are we expecting him to do.. a hat trick in every game?

just cos he is a newcastle player and newcastle's history with transfers and the fact we are doing so rubbish so far... everyone assumes he has lost it...he isnt that good...he is rubbish.

not a chance. he is 22.... and has 10years in him.... am sure over that period he is going to do very well and score a fair few goals.

whether its 10yrs with us or somewhere else.

he has only been here for 3month....not 3year.

lemonkettaz said:
Martins is a very good player, what are we expecting him to do.. a hat trick in every game?

just cos he is a newcastle player and newcastle's history with transfers and the fact we are doing so rubbish so far... everyone assumes he has lost it...he isnt that good...he is rubbish.

not a chance. he is 22.... and has 10years in him.... am sure over that period he is going to do very well and score a fair few goals.

whether its 10yrs with us or somewhere else.

he has only been here for 3month....not 3year.

Well said.

Redman said:
Well said.

yeah but sadly we don't have the time nor are in the position for a young striker to find his feet. admit it or not we need an experianced striker with a proven record in the PL, not la liga ,not serie A, no where except the PL will do, we dont have time for some1 to "adjust" to the PL style of play.

what was that danish player who we bought who was supposed to be awesome, he was bloody rubbish for us then he went back to Italy and got good again. John dahl tomasson it may of been. basically what am saying is just cause ** great in a diff league doesn't mean anything till u can be consistent in the PL if that is where u are.

EasyG said:
yeah but sadly we don't have the time nor are in the position for a young striker to find his feet. admit it or not we need an experianced striker with a proven record in the PL, not la liga ,not serie A, no where except the PL will do, we dont have time for some1 to "adjust" to the PL style of play.

what was that danish player who we bought who was supposed to be awesome, he was bloody rubbish for us then he went back to Italy and got good again. John dahl tomasson it may of been. basically what am saying is just cause ** great in a diff league doesn't mean anything till u can be consistent in the PL if that is where u are.
Yeah it was John Dahl Tomasson (remember cos I had his name on one of my shirts!) did total rubbish for us then ended up with AC Milan!!

Theres been so many expensive foreign disasters at Newcastle (Marcelino, Silvio Maric, Tomasson, Boumsong and Luques hardly set the world on fire) that I suppose it's not suprising people write guys off so quick.

yeh martins is young... and i dont believe he should be expected to be our saviour by scoring a shed load of goals....he hasnt the experience yet....the number 9 on his back is too heavy at this moment in time.

we need an experienced striker there with him....shame owen is out for so long...but in the january window we should look for some PL experience...whether that means a 30+yr old...just to tie things over...but also get another young striker in too for the future, i.e. Nugent.

personally i think letting chopra go was a big mistake tbh.... we should have sold ameobi.

Van_Dammesque said:
If we pay 10 million pounds for a footballer, he should be able to settle reasonably immediately!

Very few foreign footballers do regardless of their value. Even English players take time to adapt to new clubs usually.

Van_Dammesque said:
If we pay 10 million pounds for a footballer, he should be able to settle reasonably immediately!

arsenal paid 12million for Walcott...

is he scoring 20+goals a season.

no.

he couldnt even if he played all the time.

the price is for the potential... i think martins has great potential...therefore he isnt going to be cheap.

players are generally overpriced anyways

Some pages purporting to be from Lee Clark's coaching notebook have come into my possession (someone else wrote this but i found it amusing)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gaffer told me to start this notebook. “That’s what I did with everything I learned at Leyton Orient and Gillingham, and look at me now.” Will help with me coaching course too. Howay Clarky son!

How to keep up spirits

Good lesson from the gaffer today. He gets all the players in a line and says “Step forward all those who think they’re good enough to play on Saturday.....Not you Albert”. Then everyone falls about laughing. Albert Lucky’s keeping all wor spirits up!

JOB PROMOTION!!!!! Now I do the cones!

Be Positive

Like the gaffer. “Always be positive. You must never talk about how you CANT do something” he says. Saw this at the team meeting today. “YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF CANTS” the gaffer shouted and walked out.

ANOTHER JOB PROMOTION!!!!! After Dyers accident, Terry Macs been taken off flags! (remember the gaffer wants the flags spaced out proper like).

Saw the gaffer looking in his Gillingham coaching notebook today ahead of the Sheffield game - working on the tactics. Must ask the gaffer about that.

BE CALM. The gaffer does not get nervous or angry. Very important when it’s not going well - the gaffer says he’s very experienced at things not going well. Your learning all the time Clarky son.

Asked the gaffer about tactics after the Sheffield game. He told us to pee off (try when he’s not angry?) He called all the players CANTS again. Also called Lucky a Spanish CANT. BE POSITIVE!

Keeping up spirits

The gaffer is brilliant at this. The players always point and laugh at him when he goes past. Must ask him what he says to make them do it. They do it with Terry Mac too!

Is going to the bookies part of coaching like? Terry Mac says so but no-one else on the course does it. Must ask the gaffer.

What’s the point of Baba like? Must ask the gaffer.

Saw a brilliant coaching session with the first team today! The gaffer worked on Titus passing. “Long and short” he says over and over. Coming on a treat. Worked on Titus defending too. Looked amazing!

Overheard Gaffer calling Titus a useless long ball CANT. Also called Lucky a useless Spanish CANT. Also called the chairman a fat stupid CANT (that must be about transfer money). Too many CANTS around here still.

Tactics

Not getting the hang of this tactics business. Cant work out how it works for us. That makes me a CANT too. Asked the gaffer but he was too busy to help. Asked Terry Mac and he laughed. Must stay calm and positive

Gaffer has asked to borrow my course notes on tactics. Must be to see if I’m learning the right stuff. I’m lucky to be working for a top coach like. I’ll start learning tactics from him soon I bet.

DIET

Are meat pies part of our diet? Saw a load in Stevie Carrs bag. Must ask the gaffer.

ANOTHER JOB PROMOTION!!!!! Have taken over tea making after Terry Mac scolded his nob on a prank. Remember milk and 2 sugars for the gaffer.

Last edited:
Good result for us today, massive conferdance booster, defence played very well and were out of the bottom three.

First time this season ill watch MOTD with a smile.

Van_Dammesque said:

It doesnt work like that , a certain chelsea striker is taking a while to get going and he is one of the best in the world , i have said before and will say again with the right service martins could do good for the toon .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVKyLx-fFPo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom