Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papered over the cracks, they were all over us from start to finish. We got a lucky goal.

We can't base a 'revival' on that performance.

Roeder HAS to go before we go BACK into the bottom 3.

These threads seem to do wonders.

Man Utd fans moan in a thread, suddenly they're top of the league.

Newcastle fans moan (slightly more legitimately), and they draw with Arsenal away.

Liverpool = No moaning thread, and they're doing rubbish.

I'm off to start an "OMG ARSENAL ARE 4TH DISASTER WENGER OUT :mad:". Fingers crossed!

Why do you think i've spent hours in this thread arguing lol.

Arsenal had way more possesion (60 40 i think) but then they are at home and supposed to be title contenders.

I think we did very well to almost not concede (you can't really defend an Henry free kick). Dyer is looking great as I said he would.

We had to play deep often today because Arsenal are too good on the break with Hleb, Henry, etc. That meant Martins was on his own and we couldn't keep possesion long enough up front. That was to be expected though.

Overall I'm pleased with a point and hopefully the strong team we have now should punish teams worse than Arsenal. Looking forward to the next game.

I think we can agree that everyone in this thread would have been happy with a point in this game at the start of the season. I know i would have been.

Edit: I should add that I thought the shot count flattered Arsenal a bit. How lucky were some of their shots. Quite a few deflections, etc. Adebayor had the ball passed to him in the box by Moore or someone lol.

Last edited:
after yesterdays display its quite clear that newcastle are a 1 man team!

its all about the GIVEN!

u can keep your cech and yah whoever else u wanna name.

Given is world class keeper and easily top 5 in the world!

Jet I've not once disagreed with you about keeping Roder,it's just Emre that I disagree with you.

Yes Given is our star player but that is a serious worry when he's our goalkeeper ! I'm glad we got the point, but it's not really good enough. We got a good goal (against the run of play) and then we tried hanging on for the last hour of the match, and failed.

We're still only out of the relegation places on goal difference and while it might give the guys a confidence boost to draw away at Arsenal I can't see it being the mighty turning point that we all want it to be. I really hope the boys prove me wrong!

Panzer

Well I'm personally delighted with a point away to Arsenal. What more can people hope for? They were mooted as title contenders, playing breathtaking football on occasion, and they only scored once against us. Of course we were backs to the wall. Thats what happens when you play Arsenal away.

Whether its a turning point or not I don't know, but please give credit where its due. Shay had a great game, but thats what he gets his money for. Dyer is like a new signing, and is looking good. Fantastic goal from him, and the relief in his face was great to see!

I think the foundation for a team is there, and yes we need to beef up the squad, but hopefully this result will give a confidence boost to the lads. Here is a link to a good match report, and see if it matches your own opinion.

www.nufc.com/www.nufc.com/

Anyway, we are still in trouble and we need more results like this to boost confidence, but I believe we have the players to finish top half.

Paul

da_mic_1530 said:
said it all along, what good will it do?

We can't play any WORSE can we!

Arsenal are NOT Man Utd or Chelsea.
If we had drawn to them, i'd be very happy, but we wont, we lost 2-0 to Man Utd, possibly could have been about 5-0, and as for Chelsea, we have yet to go to Stamford Bridge, but I predict a mauling under our current management.

They play good football, but always want to score the perfect goal, and it costs them a lot.
They will lose to someone like Wigan, thats the sort of team Arsenal are, very good, but just not quite up there at the top level.

We are clueless under Roeder, all season we have been the worst team I have ever watched, I nearly fell asleep vs Charlton.

We rely far too much on Shay.

I am not in the slightest bit upbeat about drawing with Arsenal.

We DO have the players to finish top half, but we DO NOT currently have the Manager to make us finish top half.

Dyer will be the one to save us, and gives Martins a chance fs hes only young 22 and he's only played a handfull of games and some of you have written him off, how much time do we give the english players such as Ameobi bramble who are clearly bad but players like Luque/Martins who are clearly talented we just abuse them, half the reason they do bad is because they know the fans are on their backs after they don't score so the pressure builds on them.
Look at arsenal, when youngsters join them they are hardly under any pressure, fabregas had ages to develop and look how he plays hes great, Newcastle fans except instant results but by whining its ruining the young talent we buy and in the end it'll always fail.

brilliant performance lads 5 mins to go here lets hope we win this! david james is ridiculously good! maybe jet is right after all, i hope to god he is CMON THE SIB, WP martins also ul on goal was clearly onside.

Tremendous. :D

How unlucky is Obi Martins!! he musnt belive it, but I thought he had a great match and is looking to aclimatize to the prem now... bodes well for the future. :)

Last edited:
I wish the goal would have standed for Obafemi, so everyone would shut their gobs giving him grief!! The guy played awesome today and he scored in my eyes, it's the fact he's soo lightning quick it looked offside, glad the stupid idiot linesman didn't cost us the game.

Fantastic result against a team that are challenging for 3rd. We tore them apart at the end and should have won 3-0. And that's still with some injuries and players playing out of position. Imagine what the score would have been with Owen playing? I wish we were seeing Dyer, Martins and Owen attacking defences. Most wouldn't cope.

As I said once Dyer, Martins and Given were fit we would see a turn around. I hope it continues. Our back 4 is the strongest it's been this season without a doubt and was my choice all along. Apart from Solano obviously but hey, if it aint broke don't fix it.

So much for Dyer taking 6 months to get going again or him being only a sprinter. He is one of the best players we have atm, if not the best.

Emre was awesome again today as always imo. I hope Milner, Parker and Zoggy are ok though. We have a luxury of players in midfield but we can't really afford any more injuries.

Did anyone see Dyer's leg? I'm sure half the skin was hanging off. God knows how he was back on the pitch that quick.

I've noticed a steady increase in quality over the last few games especially, with Dyer and Martins playing again. Fingers crossed it continues.

Yeah dyers cut was bad bleeding profusley but I think the impact only hurt his skin rather than any muscle so he shouldn't be injured.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Just checked that, obviously it's just been updated so they haven't shown how long Milner, Parker and Nzogbia are out but if I were to guess Milner and Parker won't be out for long, only a knock in the ribs and only way they'll be out long if they're broken, however Nzogbia's clash with Campbell look bad, wouldn't like someone with Campbell's weight dropping down on my shin with studs.

Yup, Zoggy did look in a lot of pain. On a brighter note he walked unaided down the tunnel and looked a bit better compared to when he hobbled off the pitch. Hopefully it was just a knock.

11 injuries ffs. When are we going to get some luck :confused:

fairly good performance, but we should have creamed them at the end, a suppose it was all down to the brilliance of james, but a don't car if its superman in goal we should be putting those type of chances away. thats what seperates lower half sides to top 6 sides!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom