News on Wife (reason for being away for a day)

Soldato
Glad you got it done mate, concentrate on your recovery now!

Hope someone from here can visit you, i'm too far away and start dialysis on Monday so unfortunately driving long distances is off the agenda for the foreseeable.

Caporegime
Well I guess you did get stabbed in your gut, sort of! Hope you feel better soon and make a swift recovery and I hope that after all that they managed to get rid of it and can give you the all clear.

I guess with operations like this you never know how it is going to be when you wake up, I went in for a gallbladder op a few years ago that was keyhole and fortunately went as planned but I was warned beforehand that if the surgeon needed to then he'd revert to regular surgery and just slice me open and that he'd not be waking me up first to check etc... so I had to plan for a potentially longer hospital stay just in case.

I guess it is just one of those things, you drew the short straw on the op and now get a longer stay in hospital, though hopefully in the grand scheme of things they've still managed to achieve what they set out to achieve and those extra days in hospital as a result of reverting to regular surgery become a small price to pay for getting a good result :)

Associate
OP
Well I guess you did get stabbed in your gut, sort of! Hope you feel better soon and make a swift recovery and I hope that after all that they managed to get rid of it and can give you the all clear.

I guess with operations like this you never know how it is going to be when you wake up, I went in for a gallbladder op a few years ago that was keyhole and fortunately went as planned but I was warned beforehand that if the surgeon needed to then he'd revert to regular surgery and just slice me open and that he'd not be waking me up first to check etc... so I had to plan for a potentially longer hospital stay just in case.

I guess it is just one of those things, you drew the short straw on the op and now get a longer stay in hospital, though hopefully in the grand scheme of things they've still managed to achieve what they set out to achieve and those extra days in hospital as a result of reverting to regular surgery become a small price to pay for getting a good result :)

Stabby thing that stabbed me in a stabby place that hurts like a bitch but means I am on the road to recovery

Associate
Agreed, XCOM would be a nice time killer if you haven't played it yet. :)

Just (*thinks a bit*) ... You may not want to play Iron Man and do Custom Names on the soldiers. The reason is because "That's XCOM baby...".

Back
Top Bottom