News on Wife (reason for being away for a day)

Soldato
Just read through this thread, it's been a hard read and I've been trying to fight back the tears. Thanks for sharing what has been an absolutely awful period of your life. Your post quote will resonate with me for a long time to come;

if you all take one thing from this situation let it be this, do not take what you have for granted, do not put off till next year what you can do now, its all well and good saving a nest egg and planning for the future but do not forget today, don't put off friends, family, let people you care for know you care, hell you do not need an officially sanctioned holiday to buy a gift or take someone out, have a weekend off and spend time with those that matter, even if its just playing your favourite games chilling out and eating take out pizza never feel guilty for doing what you enjoy.

If positive sentiments and well wishes count for anything then I also add mine with the many that have been expressed here and send them on the ether to you. Warmest regards, Martin

Soldato
Well this week was hard I feel a lot better today
Glad to read you're doing a bit better. Must have been a hell of a week, can't imagine what all that hospital time was like, and with all the complications too it sounds pretty far from ideal. Have you got a prognosis for how things are looking now?

Hope you keep mending physically and mentally.

Associate
OP
Hello all thank you for all the support
It is really hard at the moment the issue when you have major surgery like this your bowel falls to sleep and with all the complications it is talking it's time to resync and that is meaning lots of pain huge amounts of diarrhoea and discomfort which is draining to the point of not even having the strength to type this message took me 3 hours to write
How can you help
Visit me please

Royal stoke hospital
Ward 109
Bed 24
Jason
Visiting time is 2 to 4 and 6 to 8

Only one person visits me and it is a good distraction
Sorry to ask

Soldato
Hang in there buddy and try to stay positive. I can appreciate that being on the ward is getting lonely. Might be worth asking if any of the yellow shirted volunteers at the hospital could come and have a chat with you. I've spoken to a few over the years whilst I was working at Royal Stoke and their really friendly and approachable even to just take your mind off things for an hour or so. Not sure if you're religious but there is also the hospital chaplaincy team.

Associate
OP
You are all great people ive messaged Bailey asked if ocuk has a basic gaming laptop spare I could loan, I am stuck in hospital for at least another week steam and some basic web stuff would be amazing, thank you for the game suggestion yes I have a phone tablet but it doesn't doesn't work very well, if ocuk says yes Trevor could come pick it up. He is my neighbour.

Associate
OP
You are all great people ive messaged Bailey asked if ocuk has a basic gaming laptop spare I could loan, I am stuck in hospital for at least another week steam and some basic web stuff would be amazing, thank you for the game suggestion yes I have a phone tablet but it doesn't doesn't work very well, if ocuk says yes Trevor could come pick it up. He is my neighbour.
Doesn't seem like it's something ocuk can do.

Soldato
Doesn't seem like it's something ocuk can do.

I was going to say expect a no - not that they are not a great bunch of chaps and business etc. But circumstances and processes may not allow.

I would try see if there is something I can do (as I work for a well known manufacturer - but we have even stricter processes in place reference our sample stock)

Soldato
I agree, i wouldn't have expected them to really as it sets a fairly dangerous precedent for them.

Whilst i understand it must be incredibly tough, boring and lonely there, especially given what you've been through in the last few months and i don't envy your situation in the slightest. You seem to be asking for a lot of things/donations over the last few months and i'm not surprised there's not much being forthcoming.

Soldato
Hello all thank you for all the support
It is really hard at the moment the issue when you have major surgery like this your bowel falls to sleep and with all the complications it is talking it's time to resync and that is meaning lots of pain huge amounts of diarrhoea and discomfort which is draining to the point of not even having the strength to type this message took me 3 hours to write
How can you help
Visit me please

Royal stoke hospital
Ward 109
Bed 24
Jason
Visiting time is 2 to 4 and 6 to 8

Only one person visits me and it is a good distraction
Sorry to ask
I went through the same issue, they wouldn't let me home until I had done a no. 2. Given that you can't strain it is a slow wait I'm afraid. The option was a colostomy bag !!
Enjoy being looked after, I'll see if I have an old laptop that might help the time pass.
Andi.

Soldato
If you can trust me an address I have something you can borrow for the duration. I'm doing a clean reset at the moment.
Andi.

Associate
OP
Thank you for the offers and I'm sorry to the ones thinking I was asking too much over the last months I have been offered many thing and declined nearly all 18 pages of people offering to help and the moment I actually dare to think some may be genuine I am classed as trying to gain out of people.

I will take my leave now, I do not have the energy to play that game too the couple of people i got to know thank you, to the rest who seem to be part of # call on me if you need to for anything but if you do then you must be a scammer.

I just went through 2 months of hell was at a low point and asked for help sorry.

I really hope none of you face anything like this.

Soldato
Dude no need to apologies. :o

This community is one of the best I have come across and will always rally around its members. I count myself lucky enough to have found it and contributed over the years as I am sure many others have and will continue to do so.
You will get some comments that will not and do not get it but ignore and move on. Don't let them get you down.

The rest of us will be here. Take your time, get better and we will wait to hear some good news.

Soldato
This community is one of the best I have come across and will always rally around its members. I count myself lucky enough to have found it and contributed over the years as I am sure many others have and will continue to do so.
You will get some comments that will not and do not get it but ignore and move on. Don't let them get you down.

The rest of us will be here. Take your time, get better and we will wait to hear some good news.

Don't get me wrong, i agree this forum has a great community and i've helped and been helped many times over the years. It's a big part of why i stick around.

Soldato
Thank you for the offers and I'm sorry to the ones thinking I was asking too much over the last months I have been offered many thing and declined nearly all 18 pages of people offering to help and the moment I actually dare to think some may be genuine I am classed as trying to gain out of people.

I will take my leave now, I do not have the energy to play that game too the couple of people i got to know thank you, to the rest who seem to be part of # call on me if you need to for anything but if you do then you must be a scammer.

I just went through 2 months of hell was at a low point and asked for help sorry.

I really hope none of you face anything like this.

It’s unfortunate that this happens but don’t take it as a reflection of yourself

Back
Top Bottom