Next England Manager

Seems to be a decent manager but his (over) reaction/anger when a player misses a chance or makes a mistake never sits well with me. He seems a bit too prickly a character so I'm not expecting him to last too long. Hope he proves me wrong.

Didn't expect Tuchel (not sure who I was tbh) but not unhappy.

As for the talk of not being good with the dressing room, I don't think it's such a big thing with an international squad. They meet less often and no doubt he'll pick on performance rather than personality.

Which would be good.

Or we could go the other extreme and get a Steve "oh me and Stevie G are bezzie mates" Mclaren again which was both embarrassing and terrible in equal measure.

Yeah, happy to see what he does.

Surprised at the negative reaction from some, I really rate Tuchel and think he's a very solid appointment for an international team.

He's a top coach and knows his way around tournament football, he can be pragmatic but nothing like Southgate was.

No guarantees of success, but I'm very happy with that, will start watching England again now, a bit more enthusiastically...

Seems to be a decent manager but his (over) reaction/anger when a player misses a chance or makes a mistake never sits well with me. He seems a bit too prickly a character so I'm not expecting him to last too long. Hope he proves me wrong.
Might do the players good having a manager willing to give them a kick up the backside rather than trying to be one of the boys.

Might do the players good having a manager willing to give them a kick up the backside rather than trying to be one of the boys.

Yep, there is a fine art to man management and even one of the greats in this regard, Sir Alex, made errors when it came to this (Jaap Stam).

From what I've seen sometimes Tuchel tends to err on the side of harshness and hanging his players out to dry which can often turn out to be counterproductive.

Last edited:
When he recalls Eric Dier he'll deserve all he gets.
Southgate never got the best out of what he had available, he was useless at club level, Carsley was considered for the job (surely a joke) Tuchel is better than what I expected we’d attract

The exact response I got from the 2 Scottish lads I go to the match with was “for **** sake, you will probably win something now” I’m quite happy with the appointment and will likely watch England again

A fun and interesting appointment - one thing is he won't pretend to be some apathetic zen master. Southgate brought a generation that can feel together, Tuchel wants to win every inch and i'm for that at this point in taking the squad into a mentality of win or you've lost.

Last edited:
Yep, there is a fine art to man management and even one of the greats in this regard, Sir Alex, made errors when it came to this (Jaap Stam).

From what I've seen sometimes Tuchel tends to err on the side of harshness and hanging his players out to dry which can often turn out to be counterproductive.
Furguson's style was effective though and brought success and trophies.

Hopefully we can get away from the Butlins jolly style of tournament camps and start to be more ruthless and serious.

is Carsley considered English? He played for Ireland over 40 times.
I mean he was born in England to English parents, his grandmother was Irish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom