*Next FIFA league, thoughs and opinions please*

Maybe Rumple booted him whilst he was playing you which is quite funny. Sorry!

No, because i got the win afterwards, as i checked on the scoreboard, he was still on there.

The best way to resolve it, like on other forums i play leagues on, is to have a % of games played by a certain date or you are booted. No extension, people know the rules then.

1 week - 30% 2 weeks 70% 3 weeks 100% etc, you quit or dont make them, you dont get in the next league, that idiot that quit at the start of the league by letting in 10 goals then going off in a strop shouldnt be allowed back in the next one, i for one wouldnt want to play him, if i beat him by a few goals, who knows what would happen. Its really not that hard to commit to playing in a league, you either commit and do it, or you dont commit and dont join.

Last edited:
We are moving onto the next part of this league shortly and decided even with some action tonight he wasn't going to catch up in time. There were complaints about League A being behind B and he was the major factor of that so he is gone. Whats done is done.

No, because i got the win afterwards, as i checked on the scoreboard, he was still on there.

The best way to resolve it, like on other forums i play leagues on, is to have a % of games played by a certain date or you are booted. No extension, people know the rules then.

1 week - 30% 2 weeks 70% 3 weeks 100% etc, you quit or dont make them, you dont get in the next league, that idiot that quit at the start of the league by letting in 10 goals then going off in a strop shouldnt be allowed back in the next one, i for one wouldnt want to play him, if i beat him by a few goals, who knows what would happen. Its really not that hard to commit to playing in a league, you either commit and do it, or you dont commit and dont join.

I agree to some extent, but Fubsy had issues then I don't think he quit due to losing to a big scoreline. He was more comitted in the last league, he completed all his games quicker than anyone so he can be given a second chance as would Riddler.

Oh and Mark, you have the most games left apart from Squimmy :p

I agree to some extent, but Fubsy had issues then I don't think he quit due to losing to a big scoreline. He was more comitted in the last league, he completed all his games quicker than anyone so he can be given a second chance as would Riddler.

Oh and Mark, you have the most games left apart from Squimmy :p

I had 4 left to play as of last night, (incluing a 1-0 against Simo i have to replay due to me being an idiot) I have been on every night ive not seen any of these guys around when im on, perhaps the people that are left to play me can come on tonight from 10pm to get our games played?

I also played two folk that quit/left that would have left me with 3 (or 2 sorta) games to be played.

I just have Killswitch and CHEETS to play now. I don't think I'll be online tonight though so it will have to be Thursday or Friday.

Well if you still upf or playing me in a friendly due to our aborted game i will be on all night Thursday as well.

Hencore are you on Thursday ? So I can finish :)

Logs
(Xbox rv41)

dont no if he posted it but

naboon 1 - utajoker 0

didnt appreciate that foul in last minute when i had a break, looked deliberate :mad: i prob wouldnt of scored but it was a chance

Well if you still upf or playing me in a friendly due to our aborted game i will be on all night Thursday as well.

Hencore are you on Thursday ? So I can finish :)

Logs
(Xbox rv41)

I will indeed mate.

I think we can still play it as a League game. We just gotta tell Hencore to adjust the league AFAIK.

That should be fine but you must both post in here with the scores so we have a record.

I think the league should last two weeks or everyone should play each other twice because the majority of people have finished and are sitting around waiting. Either that or merge into one league so theres 27 games to play instead of 13

Andy am i replacing riddler with Fubsy in the table now?

Last edited:
Kyle009

You are the only person I have left to play, can we make it tonight? If we can agree a time I can make sure I am available and we can get it done, don't want to be holding the promotion push up anymore than necessary.

Guys.
With the new season fast approaching and the number of comments about how the next league should go, and what teams are to be used etc...I drew up the following, and posted it off to our resident expert and organiser AndyB for his approval. This has now been given, so have decided to add it here for all to view and pass comments. Its lovely and long :D

OCUK Fifa 08 League Rules:

Current Format
The League shall be split into two divisions, now known as The Premiership and The Championship. Each division will be split into 14 teams consisting of the top 7 finishers in the current League A and current League B for The Premiership and the bottom 7 in the current League A and the current League B in The Championship.

At the end of the season, the top 4 teams in The Championship will swap places with the bottom 4 teams in The Premiership in a promotion/relegation format.

Proposed Changes/Additions
Due to some people having problems completing games, and some people not making themselves available to play matches, a suggested implementation of having to play a certain number of games by a set deadline was made. This way, if you cannot fullfil a certain amount of fixtures by a certain time, and a) have not informed the Division moderator or b) do not have a valid excuse, you will be evicted from the League. A valid excuse includes, but not exausted to; no internet access, going on holiday or illness.

The proposed productivity rate could be:

· Week 1 - 4 Games
· Week 2 - 8 Games
· Week 3 - All Games Completed

The main talking point appears to be the position regarding teams. The current setup involved Rumple amassing 28 teams of 4* rating and each player being randomly allocated a side. This ensured that everyone was going to be on as near as possible equal footing, giving no-one an advantage. However, despite the teams having the same * rating, the players found some of their teams unplayable, and as a result have requested a change to the team allocation. The initial decision was for all to remain with the same side for the foreseeable future.

Suggested Changes
The first suggestion is everyone being able to choose who they want to be, and it being held on a first come first served basis. This in theory would be a good idea, but not everyone will be able to access the net at the same time, and those who are not in front of a PC when the team selection goes live will miss out. However, there is a simple solution to this problem, and I have called it the "Handicap Effect."

The way it works is as follows: At the completion of all games in Leagues A and B the two tables are combined and flipped upside down. The overall lowest points scorer will be classed as the worst player in the 2 divisions, and the highest points scorer considered the best.

Therefore the overall lowest points scorer, currently Hencore will then have first selection of who they want to be in the next League (a free choice of all club sides) and then the next person chooses, currently Killswitch (as Riddler has been removed from the League). In theory by the time the top players comes to choose their team (Anybtsn and Phill99) they should have a slight handicap and not have the best sides available to them.

Another option would for all players to choose the 28 teams that should be includes in the two Leagues and the random generator is run again, however this could again cause some problems for people if for example Hencore was allocated a 4* team and Andybtsn ends up with Barcelona.

A Cup Competition
This has not been implemented in the current set up, and there has been some mention of it on the forums, do we decide to implement one in future Leagues, or do we run without one?

I feel a decision should be made on all the above before we progress with the next League, this way, no players can complain about the running of the Leagues and the teams they are with because they would have all read, and agreed to the content of this document.

Guys.
With the new season fast approaching and the number of comments about how the next league should go, and what teams are to be used etc...I drew up the following, and posted it off to our resident expert and organiser AndyB for his approval. This has now been given, so have decided to add it here for all to view and pass comments. Its lovely and long :D

OCUK Fifa 08 League Rules:

Current Format
The League shall be split into two divisions, now known as The Premiership and The Championship. Each division will be split into 14 teams consisting of the top 7 finishers in the current League A and current League B for The Premiership and the bottom 7 in the current League A and the current League B in The Championship.

At the end of the season, the top 4 teams in The Championship will swap places with the bottom 4 teams in The Premiership in a promotion/relegation format.

Proposed Changes/Additions
Due to some people having problems completing games, and some people not making themselves available to play matches, a suggested implementation of having to play a certain number of games by a set deadline was made. This way, if you cannot fullfil a certain amount of fixtures by a certain time, and a) have not informed the Division moderator or b) do not have a valid excuse, you will be evicted from the League. A valid excuse includes, but not exausted to; no internet access, going on holiday or illness.

The proposed productivity rate could be:

· Week 1 - 4 Games
· Week 2 - 8 Games
· Week 3 - All Games Completed

The main talking point appears to be the position regarding teams. The current setup involved Rumple amassing 28 teams of 4* rating and each player being randomly allocated a side. This ensured that everyone was going to be on as near as possible equal footing, giving no-one an advantage. However, despite the teams having the same * rating, the players found some of their teams unplayable, and as a result have requested a change to the team allocation. The initial decision was for all to remain with the same side for the foreseeable future.

Suggested Changes
The first suggestion is everyone being able to choose who they want to be, and it being held on a first come first served basis. This in theory would be a good idea, but not everyone will be able to access the net at the same time, and those who are not in front of a PC when the team selection goes live will miss out. However, there is a simple solution to this problem, and I have called it the "Handicap Effect."

The way it works is as follows: At the completion of all games in Leagues A and B the two tables are combined and flipped upside down. The overall lowest points scorer will be classed as the worst player in the 2 divisions, and the highest points scorer considered the best.

Therefore the overall lowest points scorer, currently Hencore will then have first selection of who they want to be in the next League (a free choice of all club sides) and then the next person chooses, currently Killswitch (as Riddler has been removed from the League). In theory by the time the top players comes to choose their team (Anybtsn and Phill99) they should have a slight handicap and not have the best sides available to them.

Another option would for all players to choose the 28 teams that should be includes in the two Leagues and the random generator is run again, however this could again cause some problems for people if for example Hencore was allocated a 4* team and Andybtsn ends up with Barcelona.

A Cup Competition
This has not been implemented in the current set up, and there has been some mention of it on the forums, do we decide to implement one in future Leagues, or do we run without one?

I feel a decision should be made on all the above before we progress with the next League, this way, no players can complain about the running of the Leagues and the teams they are with because they would have all read, and agreed to the content of this document.

I think it should be split into 3 divisions of 10 each, 2 up 2 down from each division.

Back
Top Bottom