• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Keep an eye on 3D printer section today, I shall make some 3070's available on and off. :)
Any chance you give us a 5mins heads up on the quiet? So it gives forum members that desperately need a new card to get a look in ? ...before the scalpers bots take all the stock Or is it the case of one one per household and IP Address only etc ?

Last edited:
Associate
Any chance you give us a 5mins heads up on the quiet? So it gives forum member that desperately need a new card to get a look in ? ...before the scalpers bots take all the stock Or is it the case of one one per household and IP Address only etc ?
You had your heads up. Prioritise. You will have to keep checking but it is worth it.

Soldato
Any chance you give us a 5mins heads up on the quiet? So it gives forum members that desperately need a new card to get a look in ? ...before the scalpers bots take all the stock Or is it the case of one one per household and IP Address only etc ?

He’s given us a heads up, don’t tell anyone outside this forum either!

Associate
sorry but it’s fairer to those who contribute to the forum over the years.
Perhaps, but the benefit gained from offering cards to a very small section of the customer base would no doubt be vastly outweighed by the administration overhead, and the resentment from every other forum member who wants a card and doesn't qualify. There's literally no reason for OCUK to do this beyond extremely short-term happiness to a small number of established forum contributors.

Associate
Man, the situation not just with the global supply of GPUs, but even cardboard!? I mean imagine the demand for cardboard globally... the mind boggles. We need real-world solutions for real-world problems.

If we can't think of a good solution to the world's shortage of cardboard... I can't help but keep thinking we're all doomed. :(

In the mean time, I'll keep spamming that F5 key on 3d printers until my finger gets gangrene...

Associate
Perhaps, but the benefit gained from offering cards to a very small section of the customer base would no doubt be vastly outweighed by the administration overhead, and the resentment from every other forum member who wants a card and doesn't qualify. There's literally no reason for OCUK to do this beyond extremely short-term happiness to a small number of established forum contributors.

I'm sure there is some of TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) policy that OCUK has to abide by, @Gibbo?

Associate
I think giving a heads-up 5 minutes before makes sense. In any case bots are already following the 3D printer section, so the likelihood of seeing it before a bot is unlikely..

The other option is that the items are placed in another obscure category so bots at least don't flag up on it.
I have no skin in the game personally, I've got what I want!

Associate
Here's an idea. Put say 5 graphics cards up for sale every day but in totally random places on the website, like an Easter egg hunt :p:p

Associate
Italian here... I don't know what you're talking about with those inches, yards... ;) :p:D
Sorry... "dai un pollice, loro prendono un miglio"

My Italian Google translate skills are a tad rusty. You give an inch, they take a mile... the meaning is self explanatory :D

I'm usually a lerker and never lost but the 3000 series got me posting.

Read all the posts here and I think the staff have done a good job given the lack of resources and the amount of jazz they are having to deal with #thecustomerisnotalwaysright ;)

Back
Top Bottom