*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

I have ordered 2 x 32gb (white and black) on Play Store. Have been using GS2 since its own launch 3 years ago, and the camera has stopped focusing for last year plus random shutdown and other faults.
Have been holding out for this phone and now I will switch to a SIM only contract.

Who is buying those ripoff priced covers though? Black is already sold out too!

Will CPW have these in stock in store tomorrow? I think someone said, but I dont know if its all stores

Only 16GB (O2 have an exclusive on the 32GB one, outside of the Play Store), and I read somewhere that one store only had 2 of one colour and 3 or 4 of the other, so I wouldn't hang around.

The dilemma I have is whether to stick with my SGS3 (with 4.3 with Temasek's ROM) or move to the Nexus, but without the customisations from Temasek, until the custom ROMs and the likes of PIE come out for the N5. Decisions, decisions. I guess I can just set both up and see what I prefer. :)

Either way, the S3 will certainly be getting sold at some point. Shame it's got cracked glass in one corner (thankfully not extending to the screen, and not affecting the buttons, but it will dramatically influence what I can get for it). This is what happens to a man when he goes to a hen party. And pole dances. Avoid.

Last edited:
Any one know what kind of sim the phone takes?

I currently have a GS2 and due upgrade in December. Am I right in thinking, I could ask 3 to port my number to a compatible sim, use it in the N5 untill Dec, then get a sim only deal and if I am issued with a new sim, get the carrier to port my number again to new sim?

Last edited:
I've a feeling we'll see a good few phones being shipped out tomorrow since I imagine the warehouse was closed when the launch happened.

Now to find a nice case for it

Those Google Now features will be available from the app store for everyone I'm guessing.

No event was poor show from Google. It's like they had nothing worth showing off.

Cheers.

What changes are people excited about with 4.4 KitKat? At the moment I'm not seeing any great ones.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/31/kitkat-feature-spotlight-apps-can-now-go-truly-full-screen-hide-the-navigation-bar/

Personally my favourite new feature is the new dynamic full screen mode. It's like PIE controls that know when to turn on at the request of apps. Really makes use of the entire screen much better.

There is also some really nice subtle changes. Like the new storage universal dropdown menu. Also full printer device support for networked and cloud printers is nice. Should make quickly printing much less bother. The new ultra low power aux audio thing is nice too for those of us who listen to lots of music when travelling etc.

Other then that lots of small UI improvements. I always used white icons and transparent bars with custom roms, so it's nice for my personal taste to see stock android go that way. :)

Back
Top Bottom