*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Very tempted with the big screen and full hd.
How does it stack up spec wise against a GS3 (current phone)?
On paper I am guessing it should be a fair bit more powerful?
Any feedback on sites about camera/video quality that anyone has seen?

Soldato
Fair enough. I'm not that impressed personally though the dynamic full screen looks good.

There's nothing I feel is a must have from JB to KK.

Most custom roms and even most popular apps have had some of the features for a while.
Still no quick reply for SMS :( Stock android for me is a bit lame and with CM team not rushing to index the KitKat code which in turn means most popular Roms such as PA, PACMAN etc will not work on N5 and if i was buying a N5 i would want to put PA on it straight away!! Thats what is stopping me buying one at the mo.

No PA Rom = no N5

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Wonder how long Google will provide updates for this phone given they've already dropped support for the Galaxy Nexus?
That does seem strange considering one of their big 4.4 points is better performance on older hardware.
Stock android has always had a lame camera. They had to make cuts somewhere.....

It's not a hardware issue though it's the software that makes it poor so it's not as if it's really saved them much, although I imagine in a version or 2 time that'll be their big thing just like project butter was for jb.

Soldato
I really wouldn't rule out the N5 camera being a big improvement on the N4 one yet. Google have been speaking a lot about their work on camera software lately. They have their new HDR mode. Atleast on paper the optics should be better then the N4 by some margin. Also the OIS should help massively.

The 8MP doesn't really mean anything at all.

I'm not saying it will be as good as the iphone 5s or anything, but it should be some improvement.

Soldato
N5 32GB ordered earlier this evening via Play Store, should be winging my way second week of November.

Goodbye HTC Desire S, you have been faithful.

Associate
I really wouldn't rule out the N5 camera being a big improvement on the N4 one yet. Google have been speaking a lot about their work on camera software lately. They have their new HDR mode. Atleast on paper the optics should be better then the N4 by some margin. Also the OIS should help massively.

The 8MP doesn't really mean anything at all.

I'm not saying it will be as good as the iphone 5s or anything, but it should be some improvement.

Just listened to the vergecast and they were seriously taking the **** out of the N5 for poor camera performance.

Soldato
Hm...just notice the deal at CPW for the Galaxy S4:
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/phones/samsung-galaxy-s4
24 months contract effectively £28.25 per month

The O2 Unlimited minutes, Unlimited texts, 1GB data tariff itself is worth £22 a month.

So basically the £28.25-£22=£6.25
£6.25x24=£150 :eek:

...plus Quidco's £55 cashback for Samsung Galaxy S4 new PAYM connections with CPW:
http://www.quidco.com/carphone-warehouse/?ac
It would make the S4 costing less than £100!? Surely that cannot be right? :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Hm...just notice the deal at CPW for the Galaxy S4:
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/phones/samsung-galaxy-s4
24 months contract effectively £28.25 per month

The O2 Unlimited minutes, Unlimited texts, 1GB data tariff itself is worth £22 a month.

So basically the £28.25-£22=£6.25
£6.25x24=£150 :eek:

...plus Guidco's £55 cashback for Samsung Galaxy S4 new PAYM connections with CPW:
http://www.quidco.com/carphone-warehouse/?ac
It would make the S4 costing less than £100!? Surelly that cannot be right? :eek:

Except that tariff isn't really worth £22/mo and you are tied in for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom