*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Man of Honour
Iell I can't cancel my order. So ****ed off I bought two, thinking it would be like when the Nexus 4 came out. First and last time I ever try that ****

How many times are you going to have to tell us and then listen to some one tell you it serves you right for being a greedy so n so

Soldato
Dropping the Galaxy Nexus is probably to do with TI dropping out of the SoC game

They did what?

That's shame as quality competition on the SoC market is disappearing. Everyone is becoming vertically integrated (Samsung and Apple). Thank goodness for Qualcomm.

Soldato
So apparently my friend and his company built the nexus 5 site. He had the tech specs for weeks and even an actual handset :|

Bloody NDA!

Soldato
i dont understand your logic :confused:

its £28.25 x 24 = £678

and only 1gb data.
It might have only 1GB of data, but it is still unlimited mins and text. Surely that tariff alone would worth at least £15 a month?

You are talking like as if the tariff/ call mins and text are completely free and don't worth a dime :confused:

Even for my current pay monthly plan with three, the 200 mins call time and unlimited internet cost £12.90 a month (granted it is a bit more expensive with it being one month rolling contract).

Last edited:
Soldato
It has the same optics as the G2 but with an 8MP sensor. It has the potential to be decent, especially in low light where the GS4 sucks.

GS4 has the best camera optimization of any Android phone at the moment. Nothing comes close to it. I cannot see this being on par with the S4 even in low light.

EDIT: The Verge proves my point. Camera is pants

Last edited:
Man of Honour
all phones suck in low light tbh

To some extent, but there are quite large differences in some cases. The 5S for example is very good (compared to others).

It sounds like the camera on this isn't particularly good, but passable (I want to see some proper comparisons though). I suppose it keeps costs down. :(

Soldato
I'm on the fence to be honest, my Xperia T is fine but I'm always wanting the latest tech!!

How does this bad-boy stack up in terms of specs against the market leaders? (SGS4, HTC One, Xperia Z1 etc)

Soldato
What Case is everyone getting?

The official ones are way too expensive to even be considered. Lot's of Spigen cases going live on reseller sites now though.

Back
Top Bottom